Manchester United 4-1 Newcastle United - 18/11/2017 - post match wallowing p26

Disco

I think we knew where we were with most of our players before today, however we can now add in that Lejeune is really not very good and Murphy has promise but nothing more

Leagune not good? He's probably our best CB.

If we'd caught them on an off day it might have been different, but any result would have needed that.

Pogba was the difference and then once you're behind against Lukaku, Rashford and Martial you're fucked.

If we'd caught them on an off day it might have been different, but any result would have needed that.

We'd have probably still lost but would have been interesting if Pogba was still injured and they had to play Herrera. It was Pogba's quick feet which generated their first goal and momentum.

Guess they could have played Fellaini which wouldn't have been great for us with our form defending crosses currently

I thought with exception of Elliott every player showed they had some quality for at least part of the game and that bodes well for the remainder of the season.

We would have 10 points more this season if Rafa got backed with the goalkeeper for the transfer market.

Regardless we would have at least drawn this if we hadn't had the bad luck of this being Pogba's return match.

Some of the overreactions on here man  :lol:

We'll be absolutely fine. We'll keep steadily gathering points, nay slavva.

Keep playing that team and we will be in serious trouble. The team is poor the squad is poor and players who shouldn’t be near the pitch are continuously getting games. We need this take over to be done as this fat c*** will see us on the verge again. Think people are seriously kidding themselves if they think otherwise. There is no plan B to fall back on during a game due to the simple fact that he players are not good enough. As soon as a team scores we are in trouble as we don’t have the ability or the goal power to change it. Rafa reiterating after the game against Bournemouth the players required were not purchased as he knows this team is severely lacking. The one criticism of Rafa is playing Manquillo and Joselu they offer totally nothing but to be fair they were probably so far down his list. Think people should be concerned but let’s see what happens in the next month.

Thought we played some terrific stuff in the first half, but as soon as they found their rhythm it was curtains. Everyone played well in that first half an hour, no one played particularly well in the remaining 60.

Played decent in the first but I didn’t get the impression the players believed they could get anything when we came out for the second half. The pressing wasn’t the same and Ritchie and Shelvey seemed to go completely missing. Not sure I’m sold on playing two of the strikers we had but it’s probably the best team we can put out?

On a side note it’s obvious how important Lascelles is to the back line when he isn’t in it.

I’m disappointed how sloppy we got more so than the result. I’d rather be angry losing by a goal knowing we could have been in it.

Once they scored we were never in it.

5 points off the bottom 3 now.. we need to get a win soon, takeover or no takeover

Rafa going up to Murphy making a gesture towards his head implying to keep his head most likely. Class act is Rafa.

"keep your head" said every manager that has ever lived in the universe in any industry

Maybe, but given Murphy's clear lack of confidence, Rafa making a point of approaching him straight after the game to reassure him is class.

I’m disappointed how sloppy we got more so than the result. I’d rather be angry losing by a goal knowing we could have been in it.

Once they scored we were never in it.

5 points off the bottom 3 now.. we need to get a win soon, takeover or no takeover

I hadn't looked and expected it to be a lot closer by now, to be fair.

We outperformed them in the first half, but they had more quality and delivered the sucker punch in first half injury time.

Any team in that position is at risk of getting routed second half. At least we tried to equalise rather than trying to minimise defeat.

I don't think we outperformed them, that's too strong a statement. We matched them and deserved to be at least drawing. We played well but to think we were the outright better side is biased by the fact that we performed better than expected.

Second half, we just absolutely weren't on their level, and from the matches we've seen this season, from an attacking and creative sense, sadly the second half was the more "real us" than the first.

Some of the overreactions on here man  :lol:

We'll be absolutely fine. We'll keep steadily gathering points, nay slavva.

Keep playing that team and we will be in serious trouble. The team is poor the squad is poor and players who shouldn’t be near the pitch are continuously getting games. We need this take over to be done as this fat c*** will see us on the verge again. Think people are seriously kidding themselves if they think otherwise. There is no plan B to fall back on during a game due to the simple fact that he players are not good enough. As soon as a team scores we are in trouble as we don’t have the ability or the goal power to change it. Rafa reiterating after the game against Bournemouth the players required were not purchased as he knows this team is severely lacking. The one criticism of Rafa is playing Manquillo and Joselu they offer totally nothing but to be fair they were probably so far down his list. Think people should be concerned but let’s see what happens in the next month.

I see what you're saying, but despite all of the adversity we still look a relatively good side quite a lot of the time. I've seen enough good stuff from us to not be worried just yet.

So we got beat by ManU, most expected it anyway. I'm not pissed off the way I was following each and every 1-0 loss this season, esp Bournemouth because on another day we might have been 3-0 up at half-time there.

Onward we go.

The scoreline hurts a bit but the team held their own in the first half. That's impressive when you look at the gulf between us.

We just couldn't hold our discipline for long enough. Rafa set things up well and to compare him to Pard*w is pathetic.

If Hayden had scored before half time it probably would have ended 4-2.

Some perspective is needed, like.

Yep.