West Ham United 2-3 Newcastle United - 23/12/2017 - post match joy from p31

Disco

Very weird match. Feels like we've been very poor and yet we could/should have scored four goals. They've missed a couple of good chances too, Lascelles doesn't seem to be moving well at all to me.

As suspected we've absolutely nothing in central midfield. Nobody wants the ball, nobody can pass the ball.

Could go either way.

Gayle needs to be scoring one of those strikes he had at end of day. Need a proper striker man. We do this far too often this season. Frankly a better striker and NO other signings and we’d be 6+ points better if not double digits really.

And I’m talking about Joselu sitters or Gayle misses earlier in season too.

Guest neesy111

Really could do with more from Atsu this season. Murphy was playing decent so maybe he'll come on if we don't get more from him.

Very anonymous, barely heard him mentioned.

Gayle needs to be scoring one of those strikes he had at end of day. Need a proper striker man. We do this far too often this season. Frankly a better striker and NO other signings and we’d be 6+ points better if not double digits really.

And I’m talking about Joselu sitters or Gayle misses earlier in season too.

Agreed. A top striker can canvas over a lot of a squad’s deficiencies. We don’t create many and convert far too few of those we do.

If we managed to win this then it would great. It would mean that we would have 50% of what is usually needed to stay at the half way mark, and we could potentially have January of improving the squad and a takeover ahead of us.