Newcastle United 0 - 0 Brighton - 30/12/17 - Post-wank discussion from pg 17

Dave

So, do we all now agree that i was indeed correct when i suggested a good while back that the sun does not shine out of rafa's ringpiece?

That was f***ing abysmal.

http://www.capital-moments.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/nufcfans_mike_ashley_newcastle_united_owner.jpg

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't think the fans are getting at the players per se or Rafa, I just think they were incredibly frustrated with how we went about the game and our lack of urgency and attacking threat. You can't blame anyone for that!

Our fans (and it might be other fans as well, I dunno) boo by default. When James Milner came back to play up here and was coming on as a sub he was booed. James f***ing Milner, the player who didn't want to leave, was messed about by the club on numerous occasions, and always gave his all - still booed. I'll always remember that, it was totally not on. I can live with booing when it's justified and aimed in the right areas, for example not putting the effort in whilst being on insane wages, and not being fit to wear the shirt. I can't agree with booing players who are grafting but just aren't good enough.

Completely agree

:thup:

I don't think the fans are getting at the players per se or Rafa, I just think they were incredibly frustrated with how we went about the game and our lack of urgency and attacking threat. You can't blame anyone for that!

FWIW I've been contesting what you were saying vs Man City and I thought yesterday, despite my adoration for Rafa we seemed to lack any urgency in our play and I genuinely think that Rafa had a bit to play in that. Seemed to me we were cautiously set up rather than going gung-ho and forcing mistakes like we should have been. Think it's partially the players being terrified of making mistakes at home mind. Was disappointed in us yesterday but we didn't lose so it's not the be all end all.

Guest Howaythetoon

FWIW I've been contesting what you were saying vs Man City and I thought yesterday, despite my adoration for Rafa we seemed to lack any urgency in our play and I genuinely think that Rafa had a bit to play in that. Seemed to me we were cautiously set up rather than going gung-ho and forcing mistakes like we should have been. Think it's partially the players being terrified of making mistakes at home mind. Was disappointed in us yesterday but we didn't lose so it's not the be all end all.

I think Rafa wants to not lose first and foremost at the moment and wants a clean sheet for the defence so towards the end I'm sure he would have been fine with a 0-0 draw. Something to build on maybe...

I think Rafa wants to not lose first and foremost at the moment and wants a clean sheet for the defence so towards the end I'm sure he would have been fine with a 0-0 draw. Something to build on maybe...

I'd like to think so mate. Could really do with beating Stoke now.

My only real takeaway from yesterday’s game was that Mathew Ryan made two world class reaction saves which were appreciated by myself and a few of the blokes sitting near me.

Shelvey, Merino & Lascelles were not bad, everyone else pretty bloody poor to totally abysmal unfortunately.

He had a decent game but world class is pushing it. I would expect most 'keepers this level to save both. The deflected one from Hayden was travelling painfully slowly so he had the time to get to it and the one from Gayle was relatively regulation but did look good. Both good saves.

He's miles ahead of what we've got mind and seems to have recovered from his early season howlers.

Guest neesy111

They were regulation saves for a decent PL goalkeeper.

That Gayle chance was the only decent crafted chance in the whole match from both teams.

My only real takeaway from yesterday’s game was that Mathew Ryan made two world class reaction saves which were appreciated by myself and a few of the blokes sitting near me.

Shelvey, Merino & Lascelles were not bad, everyone else pretty bloody poor to totally abysmal unfortunately.

He had a decent game but world class is pushing it. I would expect most 'keepers this level to save both. The deflected one from Hayden was travelling painfully slowly so he had the time to get to it and the one from Gayle was relatively regulation but did look good. Both good saves.

He's miles ahead of what we've got mind and seems to have recovered from his early season howlers.

From my angle in the Leazes they looked like absolutely outstanding saves. Haven't watched the TV highlights, may change my mind.

Wtf, did I miss a Newcastle game. Damn thousand bottles of wine here in Cape Town, absolutely knackered. What a city, I have no idea what I'm doing really. Happy New year lads and lasses, howay yeah.

Wtf, did I miss a Newcastle game. Damn thousand bottles of wine here in Cape Town, absolutely knackered. What a city, I have no idea what I'm doing really. Happy New year lads and lasses, howay yeah.

Technically yes, but not really :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Chris Waugh gave Merino a 4 in the Sunday Sun and Hayden a 6.  :hmm:

Not that unbelievable really. Hayden was invisible, Merino was involved but really poor.

I'm 51 and have followed this site for a few years even though I don't post that often, I would consider myself what some people may call 'old school'. Never boo the team, never leave early, patient, continue to go even when we are terrible etc etc. I appreciate times change and values associated with with being a fan are 'flexible' but I have never understood or ever will, grown men or women booing. If you do, then I'm sorry like but you are a c**t. Simple as. I have listened to the arguments and tried to get my head round it but for me booing belongs to 5 year olds with foam fingers at the wrestling or pantomime. That's it. Anyone who thinks this belongs in football is a grade A card carrying c**t of the highest order.

:thup:

Think a 4 was a bit harsh but he wasn’t dropping for the ball enough. It took the crowd to shout on one occasion in the 2nd half when we were playing the ball along the back 4 to come and get it off them .