The other games today 2018/19

Greg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_West_Bromwich_Albion_F.C._season#Results_by_matchday

Look at the absolute state of that, and add another defeat tonight to it. There's no way they're surviving. This is 100% one spot gone.

Could be worse:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Sunderland_A.F.C._season

So could that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Sunderland_A.F.C._season#Championship

pHqRdmG.jpg

Guest neesy111

Kieran Gibbs is the perfect example of just because a player plays for a big club, doesn't mean they'll be good in a lesser team.

They've still got to play against the same players each week, and alongside worse players.    :idiot2:

A few on here wanted us to sign him on loan.

Guest firetotheworks

Don't make the mistake of thinking any side is gone at this stage. Teams have made up bigger gaps than 7 points later than this.

Of course, but they have Pardew, Sturridge seemingly out for the season and no sign of improvement. If they bin Pardew they might get out of it, but I can't see how they're going to do it.

Kieran Gibbs is the perfect example of just because a player plays for a big club, doesn't mean they'll be good in a lesser team.

They've still got to play against the same players each week, and alongside worse players.    :idiot2:

A few on here wanted us to sign him on loan.

Signing defenders that manage to stand out as being bad at defending in a team that is notoriously bad at defending - yeah that can go well!

Oliver Burke cost £15M. Jheez

Murphy has looked equal 'value for money' much of this season to be fair!

Please expand.

May have opened a can of worms here...

Thankfully don't watch too many WBA games, so can't really judge Burke over a seasons worth of games. Didn't look great tonight, just as much I think Murphy has looked rather bad for much of games this season. Obvious exceptions and moments where he's contributed aside, but really hasn't looked too good in my opinion. Have been impressed with recent improvement, and obviously he's young enough to come good (which I obviously hope so), but have my doubts.

Murphy's only really looked bad in 5 minute cameos.

When he's actually been given time he's been our brightest spark almost every time. He's also usually been handed the hardest fixtures to keep Ritchie fresh for winnable home games.

Don't even know how Burke's done, but on the basis tonight he doesn't look as dangerous with the ball at his feet.

Can't find quote but fairly sure Leipzig's manager made some comment about him being lazy, or a bit brain dead when it came to applying himself.

In a hypothetical situation how many of those West Brom players would you take in our squad?

Despite them being bottom of the league would take a handful - think Ben Foster is decent, Evans and Rodriguez solid enough. Rondon would be an upgrade on Joselu as that big man option, Krychowiak's probably much better than being made to look...

Would stay clear of Gibbs, Hegazy, Phillips. Dawson has all the composure and natural talent on the ball of Paul Dummett, yet none of the defensive capability.