The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I went to River v Boca at the Monumental. Was amazing. River won so that massive bowl stadium was in full voice. Be better watching them at the Bombanero though.

Boca game I went to at the Bombanero was a 0-0 but atmosphere was still class. Stood right at the top of a stand at one of the ends. Terracing is proper steep and the place literally rocks when people start jumping about.

Thoroughly enjoyed what I saw of Copa Libertadores, will definitely try and catch the second leg. Few notable results around the globe it seems; just seen Barca lost 4-3 at home to Betis. Monaco getting battered again at home to PSG (tough start to management for Henry, like) and Rangers won 7-1. Atalanta hammering Inter, too.

TjPWZSD.png

Guessing nobody gives a fuck about this today. :rolleyes:

Saw that stat earlier, certainly did not feel like they had more of the ball. They must have counted the 8 minutes or so when their player was down and they were passing a ball around.

I'm sure I read on here that possession is measured by how many passes are made by each team rather than time in possession of the ball, which seems a weird metric. So I wouldn't say it's massively indicative of actual possession of the ball, it just means we made less passes in our possession.

Yeah I read that too, but when I've checked it on Flashscores during a game it didn't seem to match up.

UgaIkZG.png

From Flashscores now, total passes 827, 322 is 39% of that.

Weird, maybe when it's live the data comes through at different rates.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/11/manchester-city-david-silva-sergio-aguero-manchester-united

In those opening 12 minutes City completed 96 passes to United’s five and had 91% of possession.

:dontknow:

So, here I've been thinking that in the Nations League, the seeded group winners would play the unseeded ones (so winner of League A would play winner League D, and the same for B and C), but apparently the Leagues have their play off amongst each other.

So basically, it's better to finish bottom if you're not winning your group so you get relegated and then get an easier way in the next 'season' of Nations League?

TjPWZSD.png

Saw that stat earlier, certainly did not feel like they had more of the ball. They must have counted the 8 minutes or so when their player was down and they were passing a ball around.

I'm sure I read on here that possession is measured by how many passes are made by each team rather than time in possession of the ball, which seems a weird metric. So I wouldn't say it's massively indicative of actual possession of the ball, it just means we made less passes in our possession.

Yeah I read that too, but when I've checked it on Flashscores during a game it didn't seem to match up.

UgaIkZG.png

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/nov/11/manchester-city-david-silva-sergio-aguero-manchester-united

In those opening 12 minutes City completed 96 passes to United’s five and had 91% of possession.

It seems to be done on total passes rather than completed passes, don't ask me why. It's definitely done that way though, a guy from Opta was on the Totally Football Show.

So, here I've been thinking that in the Nations League, the seeded group winners would play the unseeded ones (so winner of League A would play winner League D, and the same for B and C), but apparently the Leagues have their play off amongst each other.

So basically, it's better to finish bottom if you're not winning your group so you get relegated and then get an easier way in the next 'season' of Nations League?

Had the same thought, but Nations League may not have extra spots for the World Cup, so it'd only be relevant to tank on purpose every second Nations League.

TjPWZSD.png

UgaIkZG.png

It seems to be done on total passes rather than completed passes, don't ask me why. It's definitely done that way though, a guy from Opta was on the Totally Football Show.

:thup: