The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Still think despite the criticism Rafa got it right against City.

All the shit we got for it (including from some of our own fans) and yet we were miles more competitive in the matches than most of the other teams that have tried exactly the same thing have been.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fernandinho is one of the most underrated midfielders in the PL. A far better footballer than somebody like Carrick who has been canonised for being English and playing for Man Utd.

Give over, Carrick has been a top top player. Different plays anyway. Hate the bashing of English players because, well, they aren’t foreign.

Guest Howaythetoon

I personally find Man City utterly boring, hope I’m not alone.

So if they're boring and you hate the way we play what is good football?

They play good-to-great football obviously, but I just find their style boring and predictable, last 10 minutes for example they must have kept it between themselves at the back for 30 or so passes. I much preferred us under KK footballing wise, Man Utd in their pomp under Fergie and Arsenal in their pomp too. I don’t mind our football when we actually play it as we can be good as shown at the weekend, it’s just we for whatever reason prefer the opposition to have the majority of possession, it’s that which I don’t like.

Depends on who they are playing really. As a par standard, Man City's football is good to watch as they've so many quality players that enhance their style.

Enjoy watching them really when they play against teams that try and go toe-to-toe with them more, meaning City have to lift their performance even more - Shaktar at home, Napoli games, and Spurs games were all fantastic to watch.

There is not always that incentive their to lift their football to incredible standards when they can pass the ball around between them, and kill the game off, then just lift in when they get into decent chances.

Guest firetotheworks

I think you've got some rose-tinted glasses on there, mind HTT. This Man City team are far more pleasing on the eye than any of those examples imo. Fully expected the answer to be Klopp's Dortmund and Liverpool teams, which I'd probably agree with as a preference.

This Man City team are streets ahead of those teams in terms of quality and style.

The only way they are 'boring', is the fact that they are so ruthlessly good it has rendered the league a non-event since about November.

Fernandinho is one of the most underrated midfielders in the PL. A far better footballer than somebody like Carrick who has been canonised for being English and playing for Man Utd.

Give over, Carrick has been a top top player. Different plays anyway. Hate the bashing of English players because, well, they aren’t foreign.

He's an overrated bag of shite.