The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Yeah, that's not offside like.

How can you look at that and not see Stanislas ahead of the person playing the ball. Even if it's just a leg.

I'm not blaming the officials for not flagging FWIW.

Got more talented aye, clear as day that. Granted he's a bit younger too, but doesn't do anything near enough to merit how highly rated he is. The best player outside top 6 stuff that has been said is mental.

Mahrez, Vardy, Gylfi (possibly although not really this season) and possibly Shaqiri. Can't think of too many attackers outside the top 6 as good as Zaha. Might be missing someone obvious

Zaha is far superior.

The stats might be similar but Zaha is a menace for 90 minutes and plays like a talisman.

He gets Palace up the pitch. Holds up the ball well. Wins a bunch of freekicks and penalties (goals scored from these aren't counted as assists anymore). Is progressive with his passing. In an old fashioned way he just rips fullbacks to pieces, they have to bring in the winger or CB for protection creating space for others. He's the type of player you need to watch for 90 minutes to perhaps understand the hype.

Ciro Immobile has just scored the goal of the season with blind backheeled volley from the top of the box in stoppage time to salvage a draw for Lazio. :lol: Incredible finish.

What exactly does Alex Iwobi do? Every time I watch Arsenal he just controls the ball OK, looks quite slick on it but then messes up every single final ball or shot.

He has struggled at times this season, tbf, but I believe Iwobi is a serious talent with the right attributes to be at the top, imo. It is frustrating how many of his Arsenal performances are spent floating on the periphery, though. He has the quality and physicality to be more direct and impactful. Arsenal syndrome.

Got more talented aye, clear as day that. Granted he's a bit younger too, but doesn't do anything near enough to merit how highly rated he is. The best player outside top 6 stuff that has been said is mental.

Mahrez, Vardy, Gylfi (possibly although not really this season) and possibly Shaqiri. Can't think of too many attackers outside the top 6 as good as Zaha. Might be missing someone obvious

Aye you would have the lads at Leicester for sure. But after them.. yeah Zaha's pretty high up there. Even with them you would struggle to name 5 better. He would be in the dicussion for sure. Arnautovic on his day. Lanzini on his day.

Ciro Immobile has just scored the goal of the season with blind backheeled volley from the top of the box in stoppage time to salvage a draw for Lazio. :lol: Incredible finish.

What exactly does Alex Iwobi do? Every time I watch Arsenal he just controls the ball OK, looks quite slick on it but then messes up every single final ball or shot.

He has struggled at times this season, tbf, but I believe Iwobi is a serious talent with the right attributes to be at the top, imo. It is frustrating how many of his Arsenal performances are spent floating on the periphery, though. He has the quality and physicality to be more direct and impactful. Arsenal syndrome.

I want him to succeed but.... i'm not sure what he's meant to be good at myself. What kind of player is he? Reminds me of a shit Mesut Ozil. Good appreciation of space. Good touch. Not particularly fast or explosive but can move with the ball nicely.. then nothing.

Gylfi's a bit of a Ritchie isn't he. In open play he's not THAT good is he? Most of his goals and assists come from dead ball situations.

It all counts like.

Would agree on those. Just don't get how he's rated so well, when he's not really scoring that many or assisting for Palace. Plenty of players in the league with as good as numbers as Zaha. Looks good on the eye, but totally overated in my book.

Would have plenty of players playing outside top 6 here that are equally as good, if not better than Zaha given the chance - Shaqiri, Arnautovic, Laznini, both Ayew's, Wilson, King, Propper, Gross, Izguierdo, Perreya, Richarlison, Delefeou, Mahrez, Alrighton, Diabate, Gudmondsson

FWIW think Gross is one of best player playing outside 6, along with Mahrez

Zaha is far superior.

The stats might be similar but Zaha is a menace for 90 minutes and plays like a talisman.

He gets Palace up the pitch. Holds up the ball well. Wins a bunch of freekicks and penalties (goals scored from these aren't counted as assists anymore). Is progressive with his passing. In an old fashioned way he just rips fullbacks to pieces, they have to bring in the winger or CB for protection creating space for others. He's the type of player you need to watch for 90 minutes to perhaps understand the hype.

Can get what you're sayinh there. Not saying he isn't a bad player for Palace, as he clearly makes them a better side. Just think he's put on a pedestal as an amazing player - but ultimately when you strip back what he's contributing in games, I don't think it stacks up.

He's got flair, and ability to run with the ball, and do something unexpected, but there are many players around who may not be as quick, or have a different style but are better with their product on the ball. Alrighton for one, unfashionable, but would rate him higher personally - maybe just my take on players.

Just think Zaha should be doing way way more than what he is to be meriting praise he's given.