The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not watching, but as a player how could you not be up for a cup final? [emoji38]

They were until 2-0, but they noticeably gave up after that. Xhaka is a disgrace like, absolutely nowhere near good enough when he actually tried either.

Guest firetotheworks

G Nev getting stuck in a bit haha

Pundits love ripping into Arsenal, like. You can just tell. [emoji38] Luke on The Football Ramble in particular absolutely relishes it and deliberately goes over the top to make a point.

That Palace performance was absolutely pathetic like, way worse than our home performance v Man City yet I’m not hearing anything about how disgraceful they are to the English game - weird.

0 shots in the 2nd half and 24% possession ffs :lol:

Hopefully they’ll keep Hodgson because he’s doing a superb job of taking them down, despite them having a team that should be miles clear.

:lol: what?

He took over when they were on 0 points and 0 goals after 5 4 games with his first 3 games being Manchester United, Manchester City & Chelsea. Other than the top 4 he's only been beaten by us and Everton (and Southampton after being at the club for like 4 days), and before the last 2 games (defeats to Tottenham and Everton) he'd only lost 2 in 15 (both to Arsenal).

He's done a good job of steadying the club and getting them back into the race, you said he was a shite appointment though so I suppose this helps sooth your ego or something? He might end up being shite but atleast give him a chance man :lol:

EDIT

Guest Howaythetoon

I have no sympathy for them as fans. Thousands didn’t stay around for the cup win celebrations a few years back as it was only the FA Cup. That was a disgraceful performance mind and Wenger surely has to go. I’d actually fancy us to beat them they are so shit.

That Palace performance was absolutely pathetic like, way worse than our home performance v Man City yet I’m not hearing anything about how disgraceful they are to the English game - weird.

0 shots in the 2nd half and 24% possession ffs :lol:

Hopefully they’ll keep Hodgson because he’s doing a superb job of taking them down, despite them having a team that should be miles clear.

:lol: what?

He took over when they were on 0 points and 0 goals after 5 4 games with his first 3 games being Manchester United, Manchester City & Chelsea. Other than the top 4 he's only been beaten by us and Everton (and Southampton after being at the club for like 4 days), and before the last 2 games (defeats to Tottenham and Everton) he'd only lost 2 in 15 (both to Arsenal).

He's done a good job of steadying the club and getting them back into the race, you said he was a shite appointment though so I suppose this helps sooth your ego or something? He might end up being shite but atleast give him a chance man :lol:

EDIT

Give him a chance? :lol: He’s had fucking 24 games man :lol: You’re talking on like he was appointed in January or something. He’s had pretty much the whole season and the luxury of a transfer window with money to spend.

What are you talking about, ‘getting back in the race’ - when he was appointed they were only 3 points from saety :lol: One win. Listening to your post it sounds like they were 10 points adrift and he’s only had 4 games.

27 points from 24 games with that squad is absolutely terrible. They had NO shots on goal in the second half today.

Absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t have got that team safe by now, as it has it - they’ve got a better chance of going down than we do.

Edit - Bournemouth also lost their first 4 games, seem to be doing fine now.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think he’s done a decent enough job and was looking like keeping them up a month or so back, but they are now back in it. You cannot legislate for just how much damage Pardew did mind. Almost a mini-version of us and we have a world-class manager. That Pardew era can take years to recover from. I think they will stay up.

"With that squad" :lol: Their squad is bottom half quality, which is where they are after a horrific start. Our squad isn't even Premiership quality but that's for another debate.

After 4 games we were on 6 points, West Brom and Huddersfield were on 7. Southampton and Stoke were on 5 and Brighton and Swansea were on 4. Saying that there's nothing to suggest they would be notably better off is based on fuck all really, infact arguably the best measure we have is his PPG which would have him on 32 points now, on course for mid-table and in the mix for a top half finish. Then there's the point of him joining 4 games in in any case with him not having a pre-season with the squad and not being able to modify them in the summer.

He hasn't been amazing or anything but your desperation to paint him as having an utterly tragic season at this point is canny weird like.

That is a simplistic argument though. Benteke might be a good striker but he cost them £32 million, hasn't scored a goal this season and is now crocked leaving them without a centre forward to play.

They do have some 'high value' players, but they have been signed at the cost of improving the squad overall. Spending their entire summer budget on Sakho and leaving clear holes throughout the squad was another example of bad management.

Their squad is patchy and unbalanced and it's arguably the main reason they're struggling, even moreso than the manager(s).

I don't see how any of this relates to my post tbh, you're making a different, much wider point that I hadn't touched upon at all.

You said this:

Not sure what's wrong with the idea of Palace having better players than us, like.

Then listed a handful of players to support that point. There's no doubt they have some players that would get a game for us, as I'd image most clubs in the league do. On the whole though, their team/squad is one of the weakest and most imbalanced in the division.

:thup:

Similar to us when we went down. We had some good players (Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend etc.) but we were heavily reliant on the few good players we had because everyone else was trash. If our good players got injured, or didn’t turn up for a game - we’d get beat. The good players turned up less and less because we kept losing and they were probably sick of having to carry the others.

Palace’s team is very similar to that team of ours that went down.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Palace may be ‘bottom half quality’, which I would argue they are better than and are more midtable. They certainly shouldn’t be fighting relegation. There are at least 5 or 6 worse teams in terms of quality, one of which is obviously us.

Only time will tell if he relegates that squad - if he does, will you still bleat on about the 4 games he didn’t get to manage? :lol: We’ll re-visit this discussion at the end of the season.

That is a simplistic argument though. Benteke might be a good striker but he cost them £32 million, hasn't scored a goal this season and is now crocked leaving them without a centre forward to play.

They do have some 'high value' players, but they have been signed at the cost of improving the squad overall. Spending their entire summer budget on Sakho and leaving clear holes throughout the squad was another example of bad management.

Their squad is patchy and unbalanced and it's arguably the main reason they're struggling, even moreso than the manager(s).

I don't see how any of this relates to my post tbh, you're making a different, much wider point that I hadn't touched upon at all.

You said this:

Not sure what's wrong with the idea of Palace having better players than us, like.

Then listed a handful of players to support that point. There's no doubt they have some players that would get a game for us, as I'd image most clubs in the league do. On the whole though, their team/squad is one of the weakest and most imbalanced in the division.

Similar to us when we went down. We had some good players (Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend etc.) but we were heavily reliant on the few good players we had because everyone else was trash. If our good players got injured, or didn’t turn up for a game - we’d get beat. The good players turned up less and less because we kept losing and they were probably sick of having to carry the others.

Not sure what’s funny - we went down that year because we had a shit manager in charge too, if anything, it proves my point further. A manager incapable of getting his few quality players to perform.

I'll not bleat on at all, you cannot just remove 4 games from someone's season and say fair's fair :lol:

My point isn;t that he won;t relegate them, he might. Or he might keep them up and then be awful next season. It's that he hasn't to this point been 'bad'. You're saying that because you want to be right in your view that it was a bad appointment. He hasn't pulled up trees but he's not far off where you'd expect this absolutely incredible but also absolutely terrible depending on which month it is Palace squad to be.

You said this:

Not sure what’s funny - we went down that year because we had a shit manager in charge too, if anything, it proves my point further. A manager incapable of getting his few quality players to perform.

Absolutely incapable of reflecting on blatant hypocrisy like - you've changed your view point to suit a different argument. Whatever, this

is pointless, for your health I hope he relegates them so you can drag these posts up and laugh at what an absolute knacker I am.

Similar to us when we went down. We had some good players (Wijnaldum, Shelvey, Townsend etc.) but we were heavily reliant on the few good players we had because everyone else was trash.

That squad tho