The other games today 2018/19

Greg

I've said it before and I'll say it again, all I really care about is Spurs. Given that occasionally there's going to be the odd trophy we don't win, I'd much rather it go to a team whose victory is massively devalued before it happens. That used to be Chelsea, now it's Man City. I never really got riled up by Man U winning because when I was growing up in North London, you were Spurs, Arsenal, or a soulless glory-hunting prick Liverpool, essentially. Man U were irrelevant.

Not sure how anyone could want that cheating fraud of a club to win.

I grew up supporting Newcastle when every classmate supported Liverpool. I got nothing but grief my entire school life. My mrs and her dad are avid Liverpool fans who have little sympathy for our plight.

Liverpool can get to fuck. I’d rather president Assad get the premiership title than Liverpool.

"All I really care about is Spurs." Says the spurs fan on a Newcastle forum, in the "other games" thread.

:lol: Well I care about world peace, and chocolate, and brotherhood of man (not the group), and equity in sport, and the community of football fans too. But when it comes to trophies I just want us to win everything. That’s not too much to ask, is it?

I grew up supporting Newcastle when every classmate supported Liverpool. I got nothing but grief my entire school life. My mrs and her dad are avid Liverpool fans who have little sympathy for our plight.

Liverpool can get to f***. I’d rather president Assad get the premiership title than Liverpool.

So did I fella, although some of them jumped on to our bandwagon under the Keegan years, which I love to remind them about.  I despised them growing up, and would take great pleasure whenever they lost, which rarely happened....I also find people who latch onto clubs that they have no affinity with, purely because of success to be bottom of the football fan gene pool.....but I often take great pleasure in telling said people this.

However if you look at it rationally, they are still a proper club, who have built themselves the right way, ditto Man United & Arsenal. There's lots to be admired about Klopp and his team, and genuine Scouse LFC fans, are usually spot on in my experience......far rather them, than some manufactured entity built on billions of pounds of tainted money who have cheated their way to where they are.....Man City, Chelsea, PSG etc. Fuck them.

Liverpool can get to f***. I’d rather president Assad get the premiership title than Liverpool.

So did I fella, although some of them jumped on to our bandwagon under the Keegan years, which I love to remind them about.  I despised them growing up, and would take great pleasure whenever they lost, which rarely happened....I also find people who latch onto clubs that they have no affinity with, purely because of success to be bottom of the football fan gene pool.....but I often take great pleasure in telling said people this.

However if you look at it rationally, they are still a proper club, who have built themselves the right way, ditto Man United & Arsenal. There's lots to be admired about Klopp and his team, and genuine Scouse LFC fans, are usually spot on in my experience......far rather them, than some manufactured entity built on billions of pounds of tainted money who have cheated their way to where they are.....Man City, Chelsea, PSG etc. Fuck them.

I don’t disagree with your reasons and i’d never attempt to make you feel differently, but my hatred for Liverpool is so deeply embedded i’ll never accept them winning anything over any other team.

On another note the pressing in that game tonight was barely believable. Wouldn't surprise me if both sides were doping

Most clubs are tbh, it would be very oblivious from anyone to pretend it hasn't been happening and doesn't continue to happen.

Guest covmag

McNulty for Tranmere looks like a centre half for Daisy Hill ffs

This will be 7 or 8 surely

They look fucked already

Guest Howaythetoon

Enjoyed the City - Liverpool game, not a classic, but both sides displayed an awful lot of their respective core strengths and qualities, mainly their pressing and ball out from the back game.

Not an exhibition of either, but given the intensity and pace of the game plus the stakes involved, it was very impressive to watch and we are seeing a whole new level of football here in the Premier League which is so far ahead of even the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and to some extent Spurs, it’s gonna be hard for any of them to reach those levels.

The bar has certainly been raised and the football they play makes the football we play and many others to be fair, seem almost draconian.

I was disappointed in Liverpool though, I think they set up and set out to draw the game and as well as City did play and they deserved the win, I thought given the intensity, pace and stakes they played at their maximum where as Liverpool didn’t. Had they approached the game and played the way they did against Man Utd, I think they could have enflicted a heavy defeat on City if not in terms of the scoreline, the emphaticness of their play. City are fragile at the back and for all their possession and adventure, Liverpool were quite comfortable. If City were in top gear and they had to be, Liverpool were in 3rd gear.

What the loss means to their title charge remains to be seen, they just have to win their next game and look to start another winning run going. Do that and they will win the league. Lose their heads and confidence and they won’t.

I can see them doing a Newcastle to be honest and if they do, can we please beat them 4-3 at St James’ Park on the way? Now that, I would love it, love it.

Would rather they win it over City though. I’m rooting for Spurs now!