The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Enjoyed the City - Liverpool game, not a classic, but both sides displayed an awful lot of their respective core strengths and qualities, mainly their pressing and ball out from the back game.

Not an exhibition of either, but given the intensity and pace of the game plus the stakes involved, it was very impressive to watch and we are seeing a whole new level of football here in the Premier League which is so far ahead of even the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and to some extent Spurs, it’s gonna be hard for any of them to reach those levels.

The bar has certainly been raised and the football they play makes the football we play and many others to be fair, seem almost draconian.

I was disappointed in Liverpool though, I think they set up and set out to draw the game and as well as City did play and they deserved the win, I thought given the intensity, pace and stakes they played at their maximum where as Liverpool didn’t. Had they approached the game and played the way they did against Man Utd, I think they could have enflicted a heavy defeat on City if not in terms of the scoreline, the emphaticness of their play. City are fragile at the back and for all their possession and adventure, Liverpool were quite comfortable. If City were in top gear and they had to be, Liverpool were in 3rd gear.

What the loss means to their title charge remains to be seen, they just have to win their next game and look to start another winning run going. Do that and they will win the league. Lose their heads and confidence and they won’t.

I can see them doing a Newcastle to be honest and if they do, can we please beat them 4-3 at St James’ Park on the way? Now that, I would love it, love it.

Would rather they win it over City though. I’m rooting for Spurs now!

Think is, look at the chances for both teams, it could have been 6-2 to City quite easily. Liverpool were lucky. They’ve been lucky all season, which is usually a good pointer as to who is gonna win the league.

If that goal line decision was on the sideline a throw in would have been given though, so guess they were unlucky there.

Their key players have been for all season.

Allison

Virgil

Salah

At full strength or close 90% of the time. 

City have had injuries to their star striker.  Star midfielder. Second best midfielder. And left back. Most of which for. Numbers of games. 

If Salah and Virgil missed as many games as Aguero and KDB they wouldn’t be close. 

I do think Liverpool are a better unit and less reliant on individuals. Think their second choice midfield would do better than Scott’s. 

Enjoyed the City - Liverpool game, not a classic, but both sides displayed an awful lot of their respective core strengths and qualities, mainly their pressing and ball out from the back game.

Not an exhibition of either, but given the intensity and pace of the game plus the stakes involved, it was very impressive to watch and we are seeing a whole new level of football here in the Premier League which is so far ahead of even the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal and to some extent Spurs, it’s gonna be hard for any of them to reach those levels.

The bar has certainly been raised and the football they play makes the football we play and many others to be fair, seem almost draconian.

I was disappointed in Liverpool though, I think they set up and set out to draw the game and as well as City did play and they deserved the win, I thought given the intensity, pace and stakes they played at their maximum where as Liverpool didn’t. Had they approached the game and played the way they did against Man Utd, I think they could have enflicted a heavy defeat on City if not in terms of the scoreline, the emphaticness of their play. City are fragile at the back and for all their possession and adventure, Liverpool were quite comfortable. If City were in top gear and they had to be, Liverpool were in 3rd gear.

What the loss means to their title charge remains to be seen, they just have to win their next game and look to start another winning run going. Do that and they will win the league. Lose their heads and confidence and they won’t.

I can see them doing a Newcastle to be honest and if they do, can we please beat them 4-3 at St James’ Park on the way? Now that, I would love it, love it.

Would rather they win it over City though. I’m rooting for Spurs now!

Ki, Perez, Ki...still Ki....Joselu clooossiinngg iinnnn......Newcastle lead in stoppage time

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c30159350634f7349c0f549

Doesn't feel right that only certain games have VAR mind and other games in the same competition don't have it

Was just about to ask if it was at all games. Is it only the games at PL grounds?

Think so, games it's being used

Saturday 5 January 2019

AFC Bournemouth v Brighton & Hove Albion (12.30pm GMT)

Burnley v Barnsley (12.30pm GMT)

West Ham United v Birmingham City (12.30pm GMT)

Manchester United v Reading (12.30pm GMT)

Crystal Palace v Grimsby Town (5.30pm GMT)

Newcastle United v Blackburn Rovers (5.30pm GMT)

Sunday 6 January 2019

Fulham v Oldham Athletic (2pm GMT)

Manchester City v Rotherham United (2pm GMT)

Monday 7 January 2019

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (7.45pm GMT)

While this new look man u do look a breath of fresh air compared to dreary mourinho-ball I still think they look like they'll get murdered by the first properly good team they meet. Their defense still looks poor only with more space in front of them. Spurs, Liverpool and man city all won't be that intimidated by that attack.

I'm sure some PL managers just put out an FA Cup second string because they think they have to, as if that's the point of the competition. Why does Eddie Howe do it every year when they're safe as houses?

While this new look man u do look a breath of fresh air compared to dreary mourinho-ball I still think they look like they'll get murdered by the first properly good team they meet. Their defense still looks poor only with more space in front of them. Spurs, Liverpool and man city all won't be that intimidated by that attack.

Aye, thought they were shite against us tbh