The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Guest neesy111

Ray Justin seriously had an orgasm for that goal.

A Messi goal with Ray on commentary is simply brilliant

Disappointed with lack of Mike[/member] reaction to this.

Guest firetotheworks

One of those goals you tell to f*** off because it's so ridiculous. He owns Bernard's Watch and just turns back time over and over again until he finds the perfect situation and keeps trying until it's the perfect pass, dribble, or shot. There's no other explanation for how relentless his genius is.

Guest neesy111

One of those goals you tell to f*** off because it's so ridiculous. He owns Bernard's Watch and just turns back time over and over again until he finds the perfect situation and keeps trying until it's the perfect pass, dribble, or shot. There's no other explanation for how relentless his genius is.

This is ridiculously close to the truth.  He's doing stuff that really bends all the rules in football now.

Guest neesy111

:anguish: Turned it off at 3-1.

Just admit you are shit at sport.  Us and the Knicks, really think I should put you in an asylum.

Guest firetotheworks

There are far too many to choose from. Getafe, Bilbao, About a dozen Vs Real Madrid, that beautiful technical dribble against Bilbao another time just on the edge of the box, his second iconic goal against Bayern where he ended Boateng's career in a turn :lol: , that one where he nicks the ball on the halfway line skips past one, then another two before scoring, that free kick from a stupid angle against Atletico, the phases he's gone through where it seems like he's like 'ah I think I'll lob 'keepers every time I'm one on one for a bit' then just changes it when he fancies it. The goals that include him taking the p*ss out of legends of the game in the process, performances where he's megged someone like David Silva, or destroyed Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Roberto Carlos, Ferdinand, Vidic. He's just ridiculous, the absolute king of kings.

There are far too many to choose from. Getafe, Bilbao, About a dozen Vs Real Madrid, that beautiful technical dribble against Bilbao another time just on the edge of the box, his second iconic goal against Bayern where he ended Boateng's career in a turn :lol: , that one where he nicks the ball on the halfway line skips past one, then another two before scoring, the phases he's gone through where it seems like he's like 'ah I think I'll lob 'keepers every time I'm one on one for a bit' then just changes it when he fancies it. The goals that include him taking the piss out of legends of the game in the process, performances where he's megged someone like David Silva, or destroyed Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Roberto Carlos, Ferdinand, Vidic. He's just ridiculous, the absolute king of kings.

He's gonna be past it one day. Dreading it.

Guest neesy111

There are far too many to choose from. Getafe, Bilbao, About a dozen Vs Real Madrid, that beautiful technical dribble against Bilbao another time just on the edge of the box, his second iconic goal against Bayern where he ended Boateng's career in a turn :lol: , that one where he nicks the ball on the halfway line skips past one, then another two before scoring, that free kick from a stupid angle against Atletico, the phases he's gone through where it seems like he's like 'ah I think I'll lob 'keepers every time I'm one on one for a bit' then just changes it when he fancies it. The goals that include him taking the p*ss out of legends of the game in the process, performances where he's megged someone like David Silva, or destroyed Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Cannavaro, Roberto Carlos, Ferdinand, Vidic. He's just ridiculous, the absolute king of kings.

It's going to be shit when he retires.

How people in Barcelona aren't queuing in their droves to watch him week in for thousands is a disgrace imo. 

Guest neesy111

Messi's greatest goal?

It's still the one vs Getafe, imo.

Maradona goal?

Arguably there was a hint of handball.

As much there was.  Maradona's 2nd was arguably the greatest goal ever scores imo

Guest firetotheworks

Hard to look past Carlos Alberto's for me. It had everything, quality, teamwork, the occasion, the strength of the opposition, how iconic it is.

Individually for me it would probably Maradona, a handful of Messi's, Zidane's, and Bale's.

Guest neesy111

Hard to look past Carlos Alberto's for me. It had everything, quality, teamwork, the occasion, the strength of the opposition, how iconic it is.

Individually for me it would probably Maradona, a handful of Messi's, Zidane's, and Bale's.

Good topic starter.

It's gonna be personal preference to a degree but I love Zidane's volley against Leverkusen for the perfect technique. A thunderous strike. Asides from that I could name 10 Messi goals I regard as being as good as anything I've seen, but some of his solo runs in La Liga almost seem too easy  :lol: Like I remember one against Osasuna where it's as if he's cutting through them unchallenged as they stare at him in awe. For me, the one he scored against Bayern where he sat Boateng on his arse (one of the best defenders in the world at the time) and then chipped Neuer (the best keeper in the world at the time) was absolutely astonishing.

I did love the Getafe one though, the way he beats the final two defenders with one movement is just stupid.

I'm not sure it's his best but Messi's solo goal at the Bernabeu might just be my favourite. The way Busquets moves into the space behind the midfield and then nonchalantly taps the ball just in front of his path with 4 Real defenders behind the ball, it's almost as if he's saying 'go on', and of course Messi obliges.

Frank de Boer recreating his Crystal Palace run in Atlanta

First MLS game I think I’ve managed to watch from start to finish, my god it’s an awful standard. What is a Brek Shea?