Newcastle United vs Burnley - 31/01/18 @ 19:45

xLiaaamx

We need to win this. If we do then we are on the right track for survival, possibly only another 3-4 wins needed afterwards. I think this will be a tight game, hopefully we can just edge. I believe we can create chances against them, but can we put them away? Bournemouth, Swansea, and to a lesser extent Brighton were all good examples of where we lacked the finishing touch to win games that we should have won at home. Hopefully we can have more of a West Ham, Stoke, or Crystal Palace type of game and result.

Why the negativity? We were on a decent run before todays game which was a write off to most anyway.

The players don't look void of confidence either, other than maybe Gayle but he won't be starting anyway. Let's brighten up and be a bit more positive man, this wallowing attitude spreads to the pitch and won't get us anywhere.

I just really really dislike him and find his current contribution to be fairly useless on the main. Much rather just use Merino and hopefully one day sell Shelvey. Waste of talent.

But if Merino is unfit, which is he is - then Shelvey is clearly the best option we have. I'd argue that fact even if Merino was fit. I've said it a million times and am sick of the sound of my own voice, but he's one of few with genuine quality (visible today) and to want him out is madness in our current situation/position.

in reality, just play Murphy, Atsu and Perez. I think those three together are our best hope of hurting teams both with runnning off the ball and on it. Don't care who else plays really. Diame's doing well lately so him. Shelvey and Merino can both pick a pass if someone makes a run. But in reality, if the three I mentioned start, I'll be reasonably confident.

I just really really dislike him and find his current contribution to be fairly useless on the main. Much rather just use Merino and hopefully one day sell Shelvey. Waste of talent.

But if Merino is unfit, which is he is - then Shelvey is clearly the best option we have. I'd argue that fact even if Merino was fit. I've said it a million times and am sick of the sound of my own voice, but he's one of few with genuine quality (visible today) and to want him out is madness in our current situation/position.

Agree. Merino and Shelvey on the pitch might actually sometimes allow us to look like a football team. It shouldn't be one or the other. They aren't even similar in the role they play