Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest HTT II

Howay man de Gea has been one of the best ‘keepers in the last few years overall, he’d walk into our side. Yes he makes mistakes and his kicking is way off these days, but doesn’t our own Dubravka get criticised for the same thing? I swear, keepers are judged far too harshly and it seems the standard expected of them is off the chart. A striker misses a chance, he got into a goalscoring position = positive. A ‘keeper flaps at the ball from a cross, can’t command his line = negative. We’d be crazy to let Dubravka go mind, unless he wants to leave.

12 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Not much between those two.  It'll be close.

Weird that you want to play pass out from the back, have De Gea who is League One standard with his feet and positioning then go for a slight upgrade that isn't really good enough. 

:lol: Clinically insane. 

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I'm serious.  

Pope is miles better than De Gea commanding his area, sweeping and distributing quickly with throws.  Both are top shot stoppers and both are rubbish with their feet.  All-round, Pope all day.

Jesus wept…

For what it's worth, I actually like Pope and think he's a good keeper. He's a similar level to Henderson IMO. I used to think Henderson was better but he had his wobbles when he got the chance at us.

I think De Gea is a victim of his own success though. I'd agree with the criticisms that he isn't a modern keeper with the ball at his feet, but our decline as a successful football club would have been a darn sight faster if he wasn't in goal. He has been absolutely immense for 9.5/11 years.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I'm also picking loads of our first team over the Man Utd first team.  It is crazy how poorly run they are :lol: 

We are poorly run, but we still haven't finished below 7th in over 30 years. I would relax a bit. :lol:

Just now, David Edgar said:

Budget for 1st, finishing 7th is woeful. 

That's not the point. We are still a better side than Newcastle. That could change in the near future of course, but few of your team would get into our 11.

What you boys might find mental is that if I had any choice of a Newcastle player right now for this season, it would be Trippier.

Just now, Froggy said:

That's not the point. We are still a better side than Newcastle. That could change in the near future of course, but few of your team would get into our 11.

What you boys might find mental is that if I had any choice of a Newcastle player right now for this season, it would be Trippier.

You are, but both Bruno and Trippier walks into your team and are two of the best players on your team. 

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Trippier, Botman, Joelinton, Bruno and Wilson all would start for Man United now like. 

Haven't seen enough of Botman yet, but Joelinton certainly wouldn't now with Casemiro there. And Wilson ahead of Cristiano? Really? Bigger shout for ASM. 

6 minutes ago, Flip said:

You are, but both Bruno and Trippier walks into your team and are two of the best players on your team. 

Trippier walks in with ease.

Does Bruno start in a midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes? I'm not sure.