Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest HTT II
Just now, Froggy said:

Is Darlow shite? I've no idea despite him playing 30+ PL games the last two seasons.

He’d get into your midfield, that’s how shite he is!

1 minute ago, Nine said:

Him wanting to leave to play doesnt mean theres been a falling out, however him moving to sit on Man Uniteds bench would suggest something might not be right

There’s been a big fall out. He refused to play last night. Is now training with u23’s. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

We are poorly run, but we still haven't finished below 7th in over 30 years. I would relax a bit. :lol:

Remarkably consistent, with long periods of being an amazing side. Last season was lowest ever (Prem) points tally for you. If than kind of form continues, particularly if you fall below top six this year, it’ll no doubt feel like a relegation for many. 

3 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Is Darlow shite? I've no idea despite him playing 30+ PL games the last two seasons.

Yeah, Dubravka is significantly better. Getting Pope was a 2 for 1 in that it also meant massively improving our number 2 keeper with Dubravka. Without that, Pope is an upgrade on Dubravka, but if Darlow's still our number 2 it's not as big an upgrade overall.

5 minutes ago, RS said:

There’s been a big fall out. He refused to play last night. Is now training with u23’s. 

Where was this reported? Or are you ITK?

Howe was asked why Dubravka missed the tie. United’s head coach said: “He was feeling a little bit unwell. That’s it.”

1 minute ago, Big River said:

all the big teams loan their fringe players to mid table teams, so it kind of makes sense. the only issue is Darlow is proper shite. maybe there’s another keeper on the way in?

I wouldn't be against bringing Foster in just for this season tbh.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

Darlow’s not shite :lol: he’s not at Dubravka’s level and certainly not Pope’s, but he can do a job in there. We’ll likely get a replacement for Dubravka at some point.

to be fair I didn’t say he was shite. I said he was proper shite.

I had to look it up but Darlow's nearly 32. 

I think its worth foregoing a few million to keep Dubravka as second choice. The gap between him and Darlow is too great. Gillespie is 30 too, so its hard to see him as a prospect.

1 minute ago, Stottie said:

I had to look it up but Darlow's nearly 32. 

I think its worth foregoing a few million to keep Dubravka as second choice. The gap between him and Darlow is too great. Gillespie is 30 too, so its hard to see him as a prospect.

:lol: :lol: I thought Darlow was 23 or something :lol: 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Has he?

Yes, this season compared with Maguire he has been. There's no reason to choose Botman over Maguire based on this season's performances to date. I'd definitely bet on that being reversed by the end of the season though, it's not as if Botman's been 'Boumsong being torn a new one by Yeading' levels of shite.

33 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

What on earth is going on in this thread? Has there been a carbon monoxide leak? :lol:

Darlow isn't as good as Dubravka but rarely can you keep a hold of a good number 2. Darlow is pretty much standard number 2 material, excuse the pun and will ok for where we are at.

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

Where was this reported? Or are you ITK?

Heard from a “sauce” with an in at the training ground. Told Howe to fuck off and pelted his gloves at him.  This normally leads to duelling with pistols I believe.