Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Trippier walks in with ease.

Does Bruno start in a midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes? I'm not sure.

Easily, Fernandes has been poor to average for a while, Eriksen is a top player, but hasn’t found his feet yet and Casemiro is obviously a good player, but hasn’t played for yous yet and I honestly think he will flop due to the pace, intensity and physicality of the league, and if not, it could well take him a year just to adjust to that whole aspect of our game.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Trippier walks in with ease.

Does Bruno start in a midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen and Fernandes? I'm not sure.

Bruno starts ahead of Eriksen every day of the week man. :lol: Anyways, I'm out. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Easily, Fernandes has been poor to average for a while, Eriksen is a top player, but hasn’t found his feet yet and Casemiro is obviously a good player, but hasn’t played for yous yet and I honestly think he will flop due to the pace, intensity and physicality of the league, and if not, it could well take him a year just to adjust to that whole aspect of our game.

Physicality? Casemiro is the strongest man alive, fuck you talking about :lol: 

You lot are crazy. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Flip said:

I'm back. You shut your god damn mouth HTT. 

Hey there is no one who loves Brazil as much as me, well apart from yourself and other Brazilians, but Casemiro and Fred are not the perfect two in the centre. I’d honestly rather have Bruno and Joelinton in there.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, Flip said:

Physicality? Casemiro is the strongest man alive, fuck you talking about :lol: 

You lot are crazy. 

We will see, you could be strong as an ox, our game is totally different, it’s not about pure strength, it’s the intensity, the pace, the demands put on the mental and physical side of a player. I wouldn’t say Bruno is physically strong, but mentally he obviously is and although he’s brilliant, you can see in games or rather in certain points of a game here in our league, he struggles with the pace, intensity and constant demands of him. 

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Hey there is no one who loves Brazil as much as me, well apart from yourself and other Brazilians, but Casemiro and Fred are not the perfect two in the centre. I’d honestly rather have Bruno and Joelinton in there.

I'm not Fred's biggest fan, and there's not a perfect two. However, Casemiro and Fred have dominated South American football and have kept Fabinho and even Bruno out of the starting eleven. They complement each other very well if you have four offensive and creative players as Brazil does. Joelinton is getting better each day, but he's nowhere near those four right now. 

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

We will see, you could be strong as an ox, our game is totally different, it’s not about pure strength, it’s the intensity, the pace, the demands put on the mental and physical side of a player. I wouldn’t say Bruno is physically strong, but mentally he obviously is and although he’s brilliant, you can see in games or rather in certain points of a game here in our league, he struggles with the pace, intensity and constant demands of him. 

You mentioned physicality, and I questioned it. Same goes for the mental aspect. You are talking about a guy who played 9 finals excelled and won all of them. That being said, every transfer comes with a risk of not working out due to multiple reasons (even our Isak deal). 

Really don’t understand why a) Man U would want Dubs and b) why we’d agree to a loan deal.

We’d agreed terms with Henderson before Ten Haag came in and Henderson decided he didn’t want any permanent move (so we quickly moved to Pope and Henderson signed for Forest). Man U are now wanting to loan the keeper we wanted Henderson to replace and effectively Dubs will be replacing Henderson at Man U.

Absolute bonkers.

Can't see any benefit in this for us. Any loan fee isn't going to meaningfully contribute to our budget and we'd be a Nick Pope injury/suspension away from a world of trouble.

If the player is pushing to go, there should be a recall in place in case we need him. Not even sure that's possible? If not, then reject. He doesn't seem like the sort to take a massive huff.

3 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Dubs will be replacing Henderson at Man U.

Henderson expected to be #1 and is on £100k a week. Dubravka will cause no issues sitting on the bench and is a good keeper to bring in should De Gea suffer an injury.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Henderson expected to be #1 and is on £100k a week. Dubravka will cause no issues sitting on the bench and is a good keeper to bring in should De Gea suffer an injury.

He’s also several levels above Dubs and Dubs will cost you points if he has to play. IMO, you’d have been better off getting rid of De Gea and giving Henderson the number 1. 

Right that’s what is in it for you.  There’s nothing there for us.

Dubravka is a good keeper to bring in should Pope suffer an injury.

Just now, Tsunami said:

He’s also several levels above Dubs and Dubs will cost you points if he has to play. IMO, you’d have been better off getting rid of De Gea and giving Henderson the number 1. 

Absolutely not IMO. De Gea is several levels above Henderson. Not convinced there's a great deal of difference in Henderson and Dubravka aside from age and the financial aspect.

3 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Right that’s what is in it for you.  There’s nothing there for us.

Dubravka is a good keeper to bring in should Pope suffer an injury.

Can only assume your manager believes Darlow is fine as a #2 and you may as well get a couple of million for sending Dubravka on loan.

Just now, Froggy said:

Can only assume your manager believes Darlow is fine as a #2 and you may as well get a couple of million for sending Dubravka on loan.

Yeah that's spot on. Darlow is only marginally worse than Dubravka and now is our best chance to get some money back on him.

Dubravka will be spot on for Man Utd. He won't make many mistakes like De Gea did the other day but he's also not as good in general.

He's well capable of pushing De Gea out of the starting 11 if he makes mistakes.

Absolutely not IMO. De Gea is several levels above Henderson. Not convinced there's a great deal of difference in Henderson and Dubravka aside from age and the financial aspect.

Our fans have a habit of trashing our own players.

Henderson and Dubravka aren't far off each other. Henderson has a seriously questionable character and I reckon that's why we didn't take him from yous.

23 minutes ago, Flip said:

You mentioned physicality, and I questioned it. Same goes for the mental aspect. You are talking about a guy who played 9 finals excelled and won all of them. That being said, every transfer comes with a risk of not working out due to multiple reasons (even our Isak deal). 

Have to agree. @HTT II I think your barking up the wrong tree here with Casemiro. He's been fantastic for years and won everything there is to win at club level.

What I would say is Man utd are spending alot on a player who's best years are likely behind him and may well decline quickly. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Wait, so Howe is the one proposing this deal now?  One of Howe first orders of business when he took over was benching Darlow and bringing a healthy Dubravka into the staring 11.  We don’t need the money. Pope wins us points. Darlow throws them away. Don’t believe this for a second.

1 minute ago, gazza ladra said:

Wait, so Howe is the one proposing this deal now?  One of Howe first orders of business when he took over was benching Darlow and bringing a healthy Dubravka into the staring 11.  We don’t need the money. Pope wins us points. Darlow throws them away. Don’t believe this for a second.

I've no idea mate, like I said I'm only assuming. If we are successful with a loan deal for Dubravka then I would think Howe has given the go ahead and is happy with Darlow as #2.

As much as people say Dubs has a good personality and is a good professional, I can't believe we'd be considering letting him leave (even on loan) unless he was pushing for it.

Maybe after last season he believed he'd be first choice and then we brought Pope in. But we seem to be trying to build a squad with good back up players, so keeping Darlow over Dubs doesn't make sense in thar respect.

Definitely think there's been a falling out of sorts... if this happens of course.

But we should absolutely NOT be doing Man Utd any favours after january/Lingaard.

Edited by TK-421

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah that's spot on. Darlow is only marginally worse than Dubravka and now is our best chance to get some money back on him.

Dubravka will be spot on for Man Utd. He won't make many mistakes like De Gea did the other day but he's also not as good in general.

He's well capable of pushing De Gea out of the starting 11 if he makes mistakes.

What on earth is going on in this thread? Has there been a carbon monoxide leak? :lol:

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, alexf said:

Have to agree. @HTT II I think your barking up the wrong tree here with Casemiro. He's been fantastic for years and won everything there is to win at club level.

What I would say is Man utd are spending alot on a player who's best years are likely behind him and may well decline quickly. 

At his age though it’s asking a lot of a player to come into this league and just perform like he has done for club and country. I think he’ll find it tough!