Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 04/02/2018 @ 14:15 - Live on Sky

Was hoping we’d turn our home form around but i’ve now accepted the fact we’re s*** at St James and we need to target away games like this for our points. 

Palace are a weird side with an unbalanced squad, they’ve got some really good players mixed with some terrible ones so they’re quite hard to predict.  I just hope we approach the game similar to the West Ham and Stoke ones where we were sharp to the ball and looked to attack with purpose.  If we do that then i think we’ll get a good result.

I’d like to see -

Dubravka

De Yedlin.    The big fella.        Clark.      Dummett.

Diame.            Merino.

Murphy.                        Perez.                  Kenedy

Gayle

Think Rafa will go with something different with us playing midweek, i wouldn’t be surprised to see him start Shelvey, Manquillo and Ritchie.  I hope not though as we seem to be play better without them. 

Prediction:  Crystal Palace 1-2 Gaycastle

Bare in mind we've only lost 2 in the last 7 league games, both against Man City. We're not in bad form and aren't easy to beat ^.

The last 7 games doesn't look too bad, with the wins away to west ham and stoke, but christ if we cold have won just one of those home games.

Bare in mind we've only lost 2 in the last 7 league games, both against Man City. We're not in bad form and aren't easy to beat ^.

The last 7 games doesn't look too bad, with the wins away to west ham and stoke, but christ if we cold have won just one of those home games.

I know, really hope we're not looking back on those games at the end of the season wondering what if. I still feel positive about our chances as things stand though.

I know, really hope we're not looking back on those games at the end of the season wondering what if. I still feel positive about our chances as things stand though.

Just got to hope that the lack of tension, away from home, serves us again tomorrow. Because god knows what St James' will be like against Man U.

Was hoping we’d turn our home form around but i’ve now accepted the fact we’re s*** at St James and we need to target away games like this for our points. 

Palace are a weird side with an unbalanced squad, they’ve got some really good players mixed with some terrible ones so they’re quite hard to predict.  I just hope we approach the game similar to the West Ham and Stoke ones where we were sharp to the ball and looked to attack with purpose.  If we do that then i think we’ll get a good result.

I’d like to see -

Dubravka

Gayle

Think Rafa will go with something different with us playing midweek, i wouldn’t be surprised to see him start Shelvey, Manquillo and Ritchie.  I hope not though as we seem to be play better without them. 

Gaycastle?

Just got to hope that the lack of tension, away from home, serves us again tomorrow. Because god knows what St James' will be like against Man U.

Will be largely dictated by the performance if not the result tomorrow. As Joey says though the atmosphere is usually much better when there's less expectation in the air.

I’d like to see -

Dubravka

Gayle

Gaycastle?

An insult used by RTG a few months ago that someone on here reminded me of the other day.

Dubravka

Yedlin    Lascelles    Clark    Dummett

Diame    Merino

Murphy        Atsu        Kenedy

Perez

(or Slimani if he's fit to start)

Depends how Dubravka has trained. Harsh to drop Karl giving he hasn't done a lot wrong lately and has in fact been making some brilliant saves & displaying improved distribution.

That went through my mind but Rafa wouldn't have brought him in if he wasn't going to be our no. 1 keeper.

Depends how Dubravka has trained. Harsh to drop Karl giving he hasn't done a lot wrong lately and has in fact been making some brilliant saves & displaying improved distribution.

That went through my mind but Rafa wouldn't have brought him in if he wasn't going to be our no. 1 keeper.

Agree mostly, I'm just not sure he'll be ready for this game. 2 days or so with the team isn't a lot for a keeper to settle, unless he has shown immense confidence in training I reckon Rafa will go with Karl. We can't really afford any first game shakiness from our goalkeeper, so maybe it's best he gets to know the team better first. Just my thoughts, anyway.