Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 04/02/2018 @ 14:15 - Live on Sky

:anguish: That Wolves game was grim as f***. They were already down and really we should've swept them aside. Could've bailed ourselves out if it wasn't for Paul f***ing Jones.

Were fans against SBR at that point? Was it a bit like the Wenger In/Out conundrum with Arsenal fans or was it something else?

Me and the two lads I had STs with had sympathy with him, given we'd only signed Bowyer the summer before but tbf we'd already hit our peak. A few blokes where we sat, two in particular, were calling for his head by the end of the season, so it was split based on that very small sample.

:anguish: That Wolves game was grim as f***. They were already down and really we should've swept them aside. Could've bailed ourselves out if it wasn't for Paul f***ing Jones.

Were fans against SBR at that point? Was it a bit like the Wenger In/Out conundrum with Arsenal fans or was it something else?

Fans being “against” him is probably the wrong term.  You always have some irrational loudmouths but i think the general feeling was that Bobby was getting a bit passed it and should have been respectfully moved upstairs into a DoF or ambassador type role.  We’d started to play a lot of predictable long ball crap that season and there were reports that players were taking the piss so it was quite obvious his tenure was coming to an end.  No one expected Souness when we easily could’ve attracted much better though.  It was probably the equivalent of Arsenal replacing Wenger with Mark Hughes today.

Guest neesy111

Me and the two lads I had STs with had sympathy with him, given we'd only signed Bowyer the summer before but tbf we'd already hit our peak. A few blokes where we sat, two in particular, were calling for his head by the end of the season, so it was split based on that very small sample.

I would say older fans after many false hopes over the years had finally snapped after another trophy chance went past us in the game earlier vs Marseille which was a pretty pathetic performance.

We would move up to eleventh if we win today.

My team would be:

--------------------------New bloke---------------------------

Yedlin-------------Lascelles----------Clark----------Dummet

---------------Merino-----------Shelvey--------------------------

Ritchie-----------------Ayoze-------------------------Kenedy----

---------------------------Yoselu----------------------------

Bring on Atsu/Murphy and Slimani in second half, keep game tight with ritchie 1t half.

Guest reefatoon

I always feel much more confident away from home. Our style of play is much more suited for it. Can see a result going our way today

Diame deseves to play and Joselu should be nowhere near the team.

Darlow

Mbemba - Lascelles - Clark - Dummett

Diame - Merino

Murphy - Atsu - Kenedy

Gayle

Dubravka

Yedlin Lascelles Clark Dummett

Diame Shelvey

Murphy Atsu Kenedy

Perez

That's my guess, although feel like it's too few changes for Benitez after a midweek game.

Might see Super Javier in for Yedlin and Ritchie in for Atsu, Darlow/Dubravka is basically 50/50.