Crystal Palace 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 04/02/18 - Post-match reaction from pg34

Dave

Souness just at the start of a rant that will undoubtedly end with how NUFC fans are too demanding and delusional and put too much unjustified pressure on teams/managers, and hence why he failed so miserably up here that it effectively ended his managerial career. Thankfully cut off by the presenter / ad breaks.

Think I must be watching a different game, to the one provoking some of the posts in here, or I’m more pissed than I think. We’ve clearly been the better side. Had the better chances and if anybody is unlucky then it is us only to be one up. Stats seem to back it up 6-2 shots on.

Souness just at the start of a rant that will undoubtedly end with how NUFC fans are too demanding and delusional and put too much unjustified pressure on teams/managers, and hence why he failed so miserably up here that it effectively ended his managerial career. Thankfully cut off by the presenter / ad breaks.

He was basically talking about that before the game as well, the pressure of playing in Newcastle. He's obsessed.

Souness with a completely unnecessary dig at Newcastle fans before the break.  :lol:

What did he say the miserable auld c***?

Just that it's better for the players to play away from home as there's less pressure.

Sky's commentary is shambolic.

The state of professional commentary/punditry is rank. I know everyone's never going to be happy but as a minimum it should be knowledgeable and fair.

Not just the commentary today. The amount of times they have just shown footage of the dugout and replays during key plays off the match is terrible.

This winds me up more than owt else. Twice early on they showed close ups of players involved in earlier incidents, when you could clearly hear the game going on.

The commentary team and summarisers are all showing their usual anti NUFC bias, mind .

Think I must be watching a different game, to the one provoking some of the posts in here, or I’m more pissed than I think. We’ve clearly been the better side. Had the better chances and if anybody is unlucky then it is us only to be one up. Stats seem to back it up 6-2 shots on.

True enough but they've had plenty of clear cut and gifted chances.

Hoping our opponents are cursing not taking their chances for a change.

I’d be happy if we just play it sideways for the next half to just prevent them from having the ball. I think that for as long as we are goal up we could do with keeping an extra man back for set pieces for in case they try to catch us on the counter attack.

Watching this in Italy and delighted to hear the Italian commentator mention the "Toon Army" several times.

Riding our luck, but delighted we've got to half time with lead in tact. Hopefully, Rafa can manage the situation to get the win we need.

Souness with a completely unnecessary dig at Newcastle fans before the break.  :lol:

Just that it's better for the players to play away from home as there's less pressure.

It's true tbh.

We were probably better overall, but only looking at shots on target is massively misleading.

True enough but they've had plenty of clear cut and gifted chances.

Which they've put wide or fluffed, stats don't tell the true picture always do they. We've been the better side but they will take one of their chances i fear, if we carry on the way we are defensively.

We need a 2nd goal to state the obvious.

It's true tbh.

He can't talk about the club without bringing up the pressure of the SJP crowd though, twice he's tried to talk about it today.

Think I must be watching a different game, to the one provoking some of the posts in here, or I’m more p*ssed than I think. We’ve clearly been the better side. Had the better chances and if anybody is unlucky then it is us only to be one up. Stats seem to back it up 6-2 shots on.

We've been the better team overall, but Palace have had some absolute sitters.

It's true tbh.

Aye I hate Souness as much as the next guy but that isn't a dig at all.

To think that way is reading far too much into it.