Your favourite and least favourite journalists/ pundits

joeyt

Stewart Robson purely because he ruthlessly called out Pardew for being a fraud when he got the Newcastle job - he was bang on!

I like Ian Darke as a commentator, always enjoyed his voice and he’s done some good work on Newcastle goals over the years. A Beardsley rocket away at Oldham sticks out for some reason.

James Richardson is a legend, love how layed back he is and always up for a laugh.

Andy Brassell is excellent, class knowledge on European football.

Quite like Horncastle aswell but it annoys me how he tries to show off that he can speak Italian.  Literally millions of other people have the same skill so there’s no need!  :lol:

Shearer is class now, he’s improved loads since he first started.

Lynsey Hipgrave - good presenter, she’s nice to look at, and she supports the toon, what more can you ask for?

Dislikes are the usual dickheads like Souness, Savage, Merson, Owen etc.

Guest chicken little

hate martin samuel as an embodiment of the whole slew of horrific, lazy, reactionary, southern, pfm big paper shite.

hate barney ronay for a writing style that gets on my tits like nobody else, the king of the torturous metaphor that is approximately 1% as funny/clever as he thinks it is.

there's some that are better reporters than others, but nobody i would pick out in particular. caulkin is good.

in terms of the quality of their writing, my favourites don't really fall under the umbrella of journalist/pundit: i'll read owt written by harry pearson, and a few others that often crop up in when saturday comes, like david stubbs and taylor parkes.

hate martin samuel as an embodiment of the whole slew of horrific, lazy, reactionary, southern, pfm big paper s****.

hate barney ronay for a writing style that gets on my tits like nobody else, the king of the torturous metaphor that is approximately 1% as funny/clever as he thinks it is.

there's some that are better reporters than others, but nobody i would pick out in particular. caulkin is good.

in terms of the quality of their writing, my favourites don't really fall under the umbrella of journalist/pundit: i'll read owt written by harry pearson, and a few others that often crop up in when saturday comes, like david stubbs and taylor parkes.

Horrible creature!  Bet he stuffs a teacake down his neck every time he’s out of camera shot on Sunday Supplement.

:angel: :angel:

Thought I was the only one. Can't stand his writing style. Enjoy heading straight to the comments section to inevitably read people picking wholes in his rambling nonsense.

For a variety of wildly different reasons - George Caulkin, Gary Lineker, Jake Humphrys, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Alan Shearer, Ian Wright, Danny Murphy, The Football Ramble lads, James Richardson, Garth Crooks, Mark Lawrenson, Martin Hardy, Mark Douglas.

:joey:

Like/Good:

James Richardson

Julien Laurens

The Garth

Gary Neville

David Preece

Daniel Storey

F365 bloke from Boro

George Caulkin

Barney Ronay

Pat Nevin

Particularly Shite:

Horncastle

Sutton

Humphries

Savage

"Fletch"

Scholes

Redknapps

Merson

Charlie Nicholas

Die immediately:

Dean Saunders

Al Pards

Mike Owen

Why don't you like Horncastle, Disco?

He's not had a mention yet, I like Philippe Auclair. He's got a great rant in him.

Arrogant as fuck. Even worse now he's been given a bit of rope to express his actual personality - nah. You're not Italian mate, get over it. Looks like a total cunt n all.

Don't actually mind his opinions tbh which isn't usually the case.

You're right about Auclair, good journalist and on the ball most of the time.

Surprised for the love of Julien Laurens. Knowledgeable enough about France, but consistently stating the obvious when it comes to the PL, and is way over the top when it comes to PSG fan-boying.  Grinds my gears every time I listen to him.

Sid Lowe - lots of love for Dr Sid in Madrid!

Technically not a journalist or a pundit, but Bob Mills is a grade A cunt. Jim White too - captain ego - so fucking annoying. Joey Barton called it right on him.

Surprised for the love of Julien Laurens. Knowledgeable enough about France, but consistently stating the obvious when it comes to the PL, and is way over the top when it comes to PSG fan-boying.  Grinds my gears every time I listen to him.

Sid Lowe - lots of love for Dr Sid in Madrid!

Technically not a journalist or a pundit, but Bob Mills is a grade A cunt. Jim White too - captain ego - so fucking annoying. Joey Barton called it right on him.

He absolutely fucking hates Pards like.

Glad Disco's put Darren Fletcher on there. Cannat stand the bloke, has a weird arogance about him. Once listened to 606 and he took a strange delight in cutting callers off whose opinions didn't match his own.

5 Live is weird, employ c***s like him and Alan Green but then Ian Dennis and John Murray are both decent.

Also, it's also slightly off-beat but always love it when Marina Hyde has something to say about football (although to be fair I'll read pretty much owt she writes.)

Glad Disco's put Darren Fletcher on there. Cannat stand the bloke, has a weird arogance about him. Once listened to 606 and he took a strange delight in cutting callers off whose opinions didn't match his own.

5 Live is weird, employ cunts like him and Alan Green but then Ian Dennis and John Murray are both decent.

He's built up this weird brand of being the normal one compared to 'Sav' when in fact he's just a total arsehole who no-one actually wants to hear the opinions of despite how much he tries to give them when commentating/presenting. A massive PFM sympathiser too despite no connections. Barry Davies / Brian Moore would shudder listening to this twat call the actions.

---

There'll be a load more I've forgotten I despise (Tony Gale, Tony Cottee) until I hear them again.

Why don't you like Horncastle, Disco?

He's not had a mention yet, I like Philippe Auclair. He's got a great rant in him.

Arrogant as f***. Even worse now he's been given a bit of rope to express his actual personality - nah. You're not Italian mate, get over it. Looks like a total c*** n all.

Don't actually mind his opinions tbh which isn't usually the case.

You're right about Auclair, good journalist and on the ball most of the time.

Auclair's a chocolate coated big cream puff.

5 Live is weird, employ c***s like him and Alan Green but then Ian Dennis and John Murray are both decent.

He's built up this weird brand of being the normal one compared to 'Sav' when in fact he's just a total arsehole who no-one actually wants to hear the opinions of despite how much he tries to give them when commentating/presenting. A massive PFM sympathiser too despite no connections. Barry Davies / Brian Moore would shudder listening to this t*** call the actions.

---

There'll be a load more I've forgotten I despise (Tony Gale, Tony Cottee) until I hear them again.

Aye, always get the impression he likes to think he's everyone's mate anarl. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the sort of person namedropping left, right and centre in his local pub to whoever will listen.

Might just be me, but has anyone else noticed a drop in quality of some of the football podcasts out there?

Enjoying Ramble's On The Continent, but the actual Football Ramble seems to have gone down hill massively of late. Likewise with their preview show. 

Totally Football Show was great when it first came out, but now it's lost it's shine on me. New guests each and every week, excessive waffle (not the good sort with Jimbo that made Football Weekly fun either), plugging on live shows, and the god damn Paddy Power bit at the end I just skip.

Football Weekly, lost it's shine naturally after James Richardson going. Don't mind the Rushden too much, but would rather they focus on talking football more, than waffling on about crap, and picking up on going weekly gags. Funny to a point, but just seems to much now. 

Don't listen to Time's TheGame too often, but did on Monday and they had Alistair Campbell on plugging a book ffs!