Newcastle United 1 - 0 Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 - Post-match joy from pg 14

Dave

Just read the corresponding match thread on a Huddersfield forum. And people think we've got ideas above our station. :lol:

I seem to remember the Huddersfield forum being full of shit for most of last season too.

Find it amusing how they seem to think that it was an even game, they were unlucky, Kenedy should be banned for 1000 games, we had one clear chance.

I was expecting them to be bottom in a WBA position. Wagner has done an incredible job, not only to get then promoted but also to give them a very good chance of staying up. Incredible that they have people who are anti-Wagner.

According to that forum, there were a couple of fights in the stadium and on the way home due to people disagreeing over whether they should sack him. I mean, what?! :lol:

Wouldn’t miss them if they went down and were never to be seen again.

I totally understand their desire to improve and not just meekly accept relegation because they're not a massive powerhouse, that's admirable in many ways. It's the very essence of sport.

I just thought it would take longer than this for some of them to be slaughtering the manager and players instead of just enjoying this ride.

Guest firetotheworks

I totally understand their desire to improve and not just meekly accept relegation because they're not a massive powerhouse, that's admirable in many ways. It's the very essence of sport.

I just thought it would take longer than this for some of them to be slaughtering the manager and players instead of just enjoying this ride.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

People criticising the way Huddersfield played against us...just forget that we were promoted alongside them for a moment. We are a big club, a huge crowd, and they are trying to survive. It’s tactics I expect and cannot condemn them for really. We have played like that many a time even at home against teams we should be beating or trying to. I’m just pleased we had lots of possession and created lots of chances at home because that’s something we have struggled with. Away from home I don’t mind us surrendering possession.

Aye. The Huddersfield fans complaining about it not being a red can fuck off though as Kachunga was the one who kicked Mbemba's face down at their place and drew blood from his cheek.

Aye. Kenedy got the ball, was a strong but fair tackle and I for one couldn't give two fucks if Huddersfield fans are crying about it.

If they are in season 2 or 3 then fair enough, right now though they are doing better than what can reasonably be expected and are still in a decent position to survive and build. If we were in the same position as them then we would be behind Rafa.

I think the problem clubs like Huddersfield will have is that once they started hitting the big time and getting results, rugby fans and arm chair fans will be coming out of the woodwork and expecting more. You’ll probably find that the fans who have always turned up will be the ones who have a more level head and will be enjoying being a good position, despite being nervous and fearful of relegation.

Aye. The Huddersfield fans complaining about it not being a red can fuck off though as Kachunga was the one who kicked Mbemba's face down at their place and drew blood from his cheek.

Aye. Kenedy got the ball, was a strong but fair tackle and I for one couldn't give two fucks if Huddersfield fans are crying about it.

I sit near that, in the level 4 corner. Looks like it wasn’t a foul (TV replays confirmed this for me) and that the player just went to ground trying to get a free kick and time wasting. Huddersfield were doing that all game, going down and time wasting. I actually said to people around me that referee’s and 4th officials should be more intelligent with time wasting. If the team who time wasted are losing towards the end of the game then the time shouldn’t be added on, if they are in decent position then the team who never time wasted should be given that time in order to get the advantage.

It was a fucking horrible tackle and could broke the guys ankle ffs

Have no idea what the fuck is going on? :lol: That last link I posted (just seen it's the same) and it shows another game against them when Naki Wells scored against us, yet the date said 4th of april 2018?