Newcastle United 1 - 0 Huddersfield Town - 31/03/18 - Post-match joy from pg 14

Dave

Yuuuuuurs. Cracking performance, belting result.

Howay Rafa’s mags :indi:

"Cracking performance", not!

Cracking result, yes.

Take it you didn’t watch the first half. Never mind.

Dubravka - nowt to do.

Yedlin - 7. Couple of hairy moments quite early on but defended well, brought the ball out numerous times and was an option on the overlap.

Lascelles - 6. As shaky as I've seen him but still made some important blocks.

Lejeune - 6. As above, really. Needs to do the simple stuff better sometimes.

Dummett - 8. Didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Shelvey - 9

Diame - 9. The pair of them were tremendous. Both of them completed their jobs pretty much to perfection; Diame broke up so much and was consistent with his passing, whilst Shelvey constantly managed to find space and pushed the team forward all game long. Brilliant from the both of them.

Kenedy - 8. Skill, composure, graft. A nice assist and was tidy otherwise.

Ritchie - 7. He wasn't in it as much but didn't give the ball away once.

Ayoze - 8. Held the ball up as well as he could; they ganged up on him in the second half. His touch has improved so much and he's really getting better at pulling away from people. Found space for the goal really well and made sure of it. Great stuff.

Gayle - 6. Maybe generous, and it probably would've been lower had we not got three points, but I thought he did everything right apart from score. Pace, movement, determination... just no end product.

Atsu and Slimani were both a handful when they came on and had a crucial part in the winner.

The win played a massive part in the defence looking shaky in my john humble. Was really strong even at pitch level.

Deserved 3 points today. They were awful, they literally came to defend for almost 90 minutes and take a 0-0 against a relegation rival, fucking pathetic. Jonathan Hogg is a right cunt as well.

Slimani looks really useful, quicker than I thought he was.

Deserved 3 points today. They were awful, they literally came to defend for almost 90 minutes and take a 0-0 against a relegation rival, fucking pathetic. Jonathan Hogg is a right cunt as well.

Was he number 6? Rancid little nobber.

Was he number 6? Rancid little nobber.

Aye, the little prick.

I thought Atsu was shite when he came on, like. Barely looked to be trying.

Total bollocks.

He bottled a few 50-50s after we scored the goal, one in particular he looked favourite then pulled out.

The cross for the goal was superb so maybe I'm giving him more stick than he deserves, but he infuriates me like. :lol:

I thought Atsu was shite when he came on, like. Barely looked to be trying.

Total bollocks.

He bottled a few 50-50s after we scored the goal, one in particular he looked favourite then pulled out.

The cross for the goal was superb so maybe I'm giving him more stick than he deserves, but he infuriates me like. :lol:

I don’t think he did and he was playing infront of my seat so was watching closer than I was others. Did all the same closing down Ritchie did and likewise made most of the same runs Ritchie did.

Also not jumping into a 50/50 does not equal not trying.

Guest alijmitchell

Some odd opinions on here tonight like, Atsu grafted when he came on and set up the goal. So thats not shite like.

A really positive first half, gasping for a decent striker to finish one of the chances we created. Could and should have been out of sight by HT.

Although it’s very pleasing that we didn’t let it go on to be a 0-0 or very Newcastle-like 0-1. Pleased that we dug in and got the result against a really poor Huddersfield side who were playing for 0-0 from the first minute.