Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

lets be honest getting out of the champo without decent investment these days is very much the exception, so unless he can get some money from somewhere (assuming they get back into it) this manager guy will need to be very good indeed to get them there fast otherwise you'd imagine it'll have to be a sustained period of building/progress

For years now their optimism level seems to peak, usually very irrationally, in June and then it tends to go downhill from there until the next managerial messiah is appointed.

sNKRa6a.jpg

:mackems: :mackems: :mackems:

Is that a recent one?  As said, it could probably be any pre season for the last ten years  :lol:

They probably should have gone down the PFM experienced old dullard route like to get out of League 1 and consolidate in the Championship, before then going the young up-and-coming direction.

I have a feeling they'll struggle early doors and may not get their house in order until it's too late for a serious challenge.

"So it’s always been a club that I’ve been somewhat fond of from an early age — for some reason I’ve always had an antipathy towards Newcastle. I mean that wasn’t a determining factor in this, but it does mean I’ve always had a slight soft spot for Sunderland because I’ve always found Newcastle to be a rather arrogant club."

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/als-methven-interview.1432242/

From their new PR fella Methven.....and of course they're lapping it up.

Glorious.

Let's hope Ellis Short left his FTM badge in the drawer for him then.

Maybe Ellis left those FTM pin badges in a drawer somewhere?

:D

Aye, and people think it's going to be great because Donald said they'll have a hefty budget by League One standards, but that could be anything.

1.5 million would be hefty by League one standards, but it wouldn't be enough to fix them.

They probably should have gone down the PFM experienced old dullard route like to get out of League 1 and consolidate in the Championship, before then going the young up-and-coming direction.

I have a feeling they'll struggle early doors and may not get their house in order until it's too late for a serious challenge.

I think it's a smart enough appointment BUT it all depends on how much he can adjust the squad, if he can shift the deadwood and get some younger players in, also needs to use the loan market well.

And still the stupid fuckers on RTG reckon they will be spending 10m on 2 players. Wake up call is coming it's way in August for these. I can't see them overhauling everything in time for a promotion push. Think they will be in that division for at least 2 years

Guest covmag

They  seem cock sure of going up and all is rosy, i read they will spend 10 million in the summer according to RTG, they seem to wallow in winning relegation as a sign of being born again  :lol: there's even a bloke on there who has combed through every minute inch of our accounts and thinks we will soon be bust  :lol: stupid cunts  :knuppel2:

you'd think they might have £20m of sales there if they get lucky?  hard to say but everything will depend on how much of that they have to use to service running costs

Nah. I think they'll get around 6 if that for Khazri and thats it. No ones going to pay decent money to a club in league one.

you'd think they might have £20m of sales there if they get lucky?  hard to say but everything will depend on how much of that they have to use to service running costs

Nah. I think they'll get around 6 if that for Khazri and thats it. No ones going to pay decent money to a club in league one.

Getting these wasters off the wage bill is surely more important than what they get in. They really need to cut their outgoings but anything clubs are daft enpugh to pay for these players would be a welcome bonus for them. The longer these fuckers fester in the third division the better really.

Getting these wasters off the wage bill is surely more important than what they get in. They really need to cut their outgoings but anything clubs are daft enpugh to pay for these players would be a welcome bonus for them. The longer these fuckers fester in the third division the better really.

hard to imagine a scenario where they let them go for nominal fees like, most of them are decent enough to do a job just below the top level and some have performed well at PL level from time to time (kone)

over £10m for the lot easily imo, but then they'll get a fraction of that in and probably have to use most if not all of it to cover costs anyway

They'll be lucky to get anything for the aforementioned players imo. They may have some values but their agents also know that Sunderland desperately need them off the wage bill. That bargaining power will mean the money will end up with the agents/players rather than the club. So nominal fees at best for a couple of them maybe.

On top of that Sunderland will have to actually pay for the worst dross (Cattermole, Rodwell, O'Shea etc) to end their contracts as no one is going to match their current deals.