Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

how many higher earners do they have left to shift?

kone

n'dong

rodwell

cattermole

anyone else?

.... the three goalkeepers not on massive money but won't be peanuts either by league 1 standards. They're really going to struggle to shift any of that despite brave words from The Don and his Old Etonian sidekick.

Can see it now.

Last game of the season Coventry and Bristol Rovers playing one another needing a point to stay up if Sunderland lose.

A fan breaks through news of Sunderland’s defeat at home to first place Accrington Stanley and Coventry and Bristol call a truce to relegate the mackems to league two.

Guest ElCid

In bred fucks are in the thrid division - let them rot down there with their shit freebie crowds. It will be years before they're anywhere near the top league again

you'd think they might have £20m of sales there if they get lucky?  hard to say but everything will depend on how much of that they have to use to service running costs

Nah. I think they'll get around 6 if that for Khazri and thats it. No ones going to pay decent money to a club in league one.

Getting these wasters off the wage bill is surely more important than what they get in. They really need to cut their outgoings but anything clubs are daft enpugh to pay for these players would be a welcome bonus for them. The longer these fuckers fester in the third division the better really.

hard to imagine a scenario where they let them go for nominal fees like, most of them are decent enough to do a job just below the top level and some have performed well at PL level from time to time (kone)

over £10m for the lot easily imo, but then they'll get a fraction of that in and probably have to use most if not all of it to cover costs anyway

Aye good point, i had'nt factored in the installment system everyone on the planet bar us use.

O’Shea is out of contract iirc.

As is Billy Jones.

The only ones they'll struggle to shift without paying off are probably Cattermole and Rodwell.

Are loyalty bonuses still a thing? :lol: Imagine they are due some pretty hefty sums for their loyal and devoted service throughout their contract duration.

I see that despite 50% of their fans deserting them in a year or so and not selling out for vital away games last season, "our fans" are already patting each other on the back about imaginary attendances they're hoping for next season.

They're a special bunch man  :lol:

That director that called us arrogant, is he samson the cat? Or have I got it confused with another one of their mascot/directors?

That must have been another one as the PR director claimed to have an affinity to Sunderland on account of not liking Newcastle.  If he was Samson the cat he would probably have used that as a reason :)

That director that called us arrogant, is he samson the cat? Or have I got it confused with another one of their mascot/directors?

It was that PR guy Charlie the tory

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d personally never want to hear anyone connected with our club slag the mackems off or even talk about them other than pre or post match because they should be an irrelevance. Obviously they aren’t to us, because they are our rivals and it’s the norm for rival fans to goad or take the piss out of each other.

The sad thing is, they lap that shit up as fans.

Since the advent of social media mind, the rivalry has taken a turn for the worse from both sides, it’s cringe worthy and embarrassing some of the guff that gets posted, said and then acted on with planes and hanging flags outside of gates etc.

We claim they are obsssed with us, even their new owner or one of them, can’t help mentioning us.

They then claim it’s actually us obsessed with them when one of ‘our’ fanzines pathetically writes an article based on tweets from Toon fans responding to the comments claiming we’ve destroyed their new CE.

They of course then say it’s us destroyed by their new CE.

And it goes on and on and on. Tit for tat! We really should be beneath it, but sometimes they are like an itch that compels you to scratch...

Me, I’ll stick to the facts.

League 1 (that’s the kind of club they are)

Pink seats (eye so)

Rubbish flying around their stadium (embarrassing)

Adam Johnson (they fucking knew)

Racial abusing an ex player’s mum (while still one of their players)

Hiring a known fascist

Deserting their club in the tens of thousands

A fan shitting on a seat inside the stadium (not just embarrassing, but actually minging)

Their shit hole of a city (I wouldn’t use that against them, but they continue to spend their money outside their own city)

They can have their what about the horse puncher, the muppet that is Steve Wraith and the mock funeral and 6 in a row, our wo relegations, Ashley as our owner etc. but they will never have what we have which is a full stadium every week regardless of PL footy or not, a stadium world renowned, our history, the kind of players and managers we have had at our club, great European nights we’ve had home and away, our magnificent City and a reputation as fans who are regarded as loyal, passionate and some of the best around.

Despite how many mates they have up and down the country or fan in peace posters on their message board proclaiming otherwise. I work all over Englind, Scotland and Wales and outside of mickey taking, trust me when I say this NUFC fans seem well respected, well behaved and as fixture especially away many traveling fans regard as a great weekend or day/night they go away with wanting to come back even after a loss. Why is that I wonder?

The mackems on the other hand seem irrelevant and that’s because as a club, a city and as people and fans that’s what they are and that’s why they call themselves Geordies when on holiday or when someone asks them about their city they say it’s next to Newcastle.

That’s not me being arrogant, that’s the truth and they hate that because they know in their hearts it’s right and they can only ever deny it to themselves in an act of delusion which RTG bears witness to in almost every post and that’s just browsing a small snapshot of that forum.

They call us gravy stained, fat, our stadium the landfill, us the scum etc. but one thing we never will be is SHIT even when we are shit in football terms.

The worst thing about our club is who our owner is and the tacky advertising of his brand all around our stadium and that’s it. Oh and SJP needing a good clean.

Again I work in Sunderland a lot and the general malaise towards Mags as they call us, our club, foreigners and all kinds of things is bordering on crazy.

They cling onto things like horse punching, gravy stained and 6 in a row like it a religion. :lol:

I can safely say, outside of this thread and mickey taking, I couldn’t care less about them or anything about them. I do actually pity them with regards to their city and as a proud North East man I would actually love to see their city modernised and become in line with our own for jobs and general prosperity.

Guest covmag

I’d personally never want to hear anyone connected with our club slag the mackems off or even talk about them other than pre or post match because they should be an irrelevance. Obviously they aren’t to us, because they are our rivals and it’s the norm for rival fans to goad or take the piss out of each other.

The sad thing is, they lap that shit up as fans.

Since the advent of social media mind, the rivalry has taken a turn for the worse from both sides, it’s cringe worthy and embarrassing some of the guff that gets posted, said and then acted on with planes and hanging flags outside of gates etc.

We claim they are obsssed with us, even their new owner or one of them, can’t help mentioning us.

They then claim it’s actually us obsessed with them when one of ‘our’ fanzines pathetically writes an article based on tweets from Toon fans responding to the comments claiming we’ve destroyed their new CE.

They of course then say it’s us destroyed by their new CE.

And it goes on and on and on. Tit for tat! We really should be beneath it, but sometimes they are like an itch that compels you to scratch...

Me, I’ll stick to the facts.

League 1 (that’s the kind of club they are)

Pink seats (eye so)

Rubbish flying around their stadium (embarrassing)

Adam Johnson (they fucking knew)

Racial abusing an ex player’s mum (while still one of their players)

Hiring a known fascist

Deserting their club in the tens of thousands

A fan shitting on a seat inside the stadium (not just embarrassing, but actually minging)

Their shit hole of a city (I wouldn’t use that against them, but they continue to spend their money outside their own city)

They can have their what about the horse puncher, the muppet that is Steve Wraith and the mock funeral and 6 in a row, our wo relegations, Ashley as our owner etc. but they will never have what we have which is a full stadium every week regardless of PL footy or not, a stadium world renowned, our history, the kind of players and managers we have had at our club, great European nights we’ve had home and away, our magnificent City and a reputation as fans who are regarded as loyal, passionate and some of the best around.

Despite how many mates they have up and down the country or fan in peace posters on their message board proclaiming otherwise. I work all over Englind, Scotland and Wales and outside of mickey taking, trust me when I say this NUFC fans seem well respected, well behaved and as fixture especially away many traveling fans regard as a great weekend or day/night they go away with wanting to come back even after a loss. Why is that I wonder?

The mackems on the other hand seem irrelevant and that’s because as a club, a city and as people and fans that’s what they are and that’s why they call themselves Geordies when on holiday or when someone asks them about their city they say it’s next to Newcastle.

That’s not me being arrogant, that’s the truth and they hate that because they know in their hearts it’s right and they can only ever deny it to themselves in an act of delusion which RTG bears witness to in almost every post and that’s just browsing a small snapshot of that forum.

They call us gravy stained, fat, our stadium the landfill, us the scum etc. but one thing we never will be is SHIT even when we are shit in football terms.

The worst thing about our club is who our owner is and the tacky advertising of his brand all around our stadium and that’s it. Oh and SJP needing a good clean.

Again I work in Sunderland a lot and the general malaise towards Mags as they call us, our club, foreigners and all kinds of things is bordering on crazy.

They cling onto things like horse punching, gravy stained and 6 in a row like it a religion. :lol:

I can safely say, outside of this thread and mickey taking, I couldn’t care less about them or anything about them. I do actually pity them with regards to their city and as a proud North East man I would actually love to see their city modernised and become in line with our own for jobs and general prosperity.

totally fucking rattled , six in a row really hurts marra  , 1-9 FTM    :lol:

AHMEN  O0