Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Their Boxing thread sums them up.

Saying the sooner Lewis Ritson gets knocked out the better because they hate the Mags. Three pages later saying that the crowd are pathetic for not being behind Josh Kelly because he's a Mackem. :lol:

Weird breed of people.

They are just a weird, strange bunch like.

Creepy as fuck.

The Sunderland boxer got good support from the crowd, they were on his side as a North East fighter. Obviously Ritson got an unbelievable reception as a Geordie fighter, wearing black and white shorts and fighting in Newcastle. I can guarantee that if it had taken place in Sunderland he would have been booed and that's the difference.

Same region but world's apart in just about every way which is why the Newcastle area will continue to flourish and Sunderland will continue to go down the pan.

A less-than-flattering commentary in Private Eye about Methven, who obviously has won no friends in press circles. Calls into question whether he actually does any PR for anyone other than himself.

Guest Howaythetoon

I see their Don is in good company as he seems an illiterate fucker too going off his tweets. What a melt :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Wasn’t our stadium only 33k at the time and I’m sure a section of it was closed for work being done at the time. Magexcuses etc.

A less-than-flattering commentary in Private Eye about Methven, who obviously has won no friends in press circles. Calls into question whether he actually does any PR for anyone other than himself.

Can’t we call him Methden? Seems more apt for a Sunderland reference

Wasn’t our stadium only 33k at the time and I’m sure a section of it was closed for work being done at the time. Magexcuses etc.

The FA/ organising committee properly ballsed up the ticketing for euro 96 mind. Unrealistic prices and iirc swathes of tickets were allocated to travel agents to force foreign fans to buy as part of a (even more unrealistically priced) package if they wanted to guarantee a match ticket.

I was at Romania-Bulgaria and there seemed less than 15k there. Crowd included sunderland and boro fans wearing colours but very few fans of either of the teams playing. I think the France games were better attended and had a better atmosphere as at least some came over.

You'd get a lot more attending if the same fixture took place at SJP this summer with more enlightened ticketing policies, budget airlines, romania/bulgaria having freedom of movement and being economically stronger than they were then etc.

The FA/ organising committee properly ballsed up the ticketing for euro 96 mind. Unrealistic prices and iirc swathes of tickets were allocated to travel agents to force foreign fans to buy as part of a (even more unrealistically priced) package if they wanted to guarantee a match ticket.

I was at Romania-Bulgaria and there seemed less than 15k there. Crowd included sunderland and boro fans wearing colours but very few fans of either of the teams playing. I think the France games were better attended and had a better atmosphere as at least some came over.

You'd get a lot more attending if the same fixture took place at SJP this summer with more enlightened ticketing policies, budget airlines, romania/bulgaria having freedom of movement and being economically stronger than they were then etc.

I tried to get tickets for one of the games and couldn't. Yet I saw swaithes of empty seats on the telly.

Guest Howaythetoon

I tried to get tickets for one of the games and couldn't. Yet I saw swaithes of empty seats on the telly.

Same here, I remember Euro 96 in Newcastle and it didn’t feel like a festival of footy. Today things would be different. Just look at the Rugby and the recent music gig.

Roker was sold out for their Euro 96 matches no doubt!

Oh wait... :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

It was £45 a ticket at Euro 96 and £15 for the program

Fucking hell, that’s scanderlous even by today’s prices!

I was at the Romania Bulgaria, there was 6 of us and it was the only game we could get seats together. Missed the first 20 minutes as we got hammered beforehand and I’m sure that someone had a shot that smashed off the bar and looked well over the line. We had a great time.

Guest Howaythetoon

Are they going to ditch the pink seats then that have probably been written about in the media more than anything else related to their club the last decade? I’d put them in their main museum if I were them, history and all that! Do they have a museum by the way?

Guest Howaythetoon

Don't they ever get tired of ridiculous proclamations like that?

To be fair, they can spout whatever they like as it never comes back to haunt them anyway.

I enjoyed Burton Albion massively for example and the Championship :lol:

I do worry that we are falling even further behind them mind, they have added biggest club in League One to their honours list along with their 6 in a row.

I can’t see either on our list!

Didn’t realise England were playing tonight in Moscow.

Quick, throw chairs at them.

Lost count of the number of club tops I’ve seen at games here and abroad in Europe and further. Mustn’t have got the Brexit rulebook where fans can’t not attack someone in an offensive shirt.

Guest Howaythetoon

Didn’t they have a thread not so long ago where a mackem flag was displayed at an England Italia 90 match and they were ever so proud about it? Fucking weirdos man :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wearing-club-colours-at-an-international-tournament.1434548/

Even when it is pointed out to them that these are Russians it’s widely ignored and painted as fact they are England fans :lol:

How many times is gravy mentioned in that thread.

The SMB's are definitely getting worse like. Their crack and utter bitterness is absolute AIDS when it comes to us. They literally just make it up as they go along and ignore any facts that derail their arguement.