Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

for me the way you've got to look at pickford is the same way you look at a striker in the end...did he take his chances?  kane didn't when it mattered though he's gonna end up top scorer

imo pickford made some saves he had absolutely no right to at key times in key games, he did more than anyone to get england where they got to

fucking hate myself

Someone should have told him it mattered on Wednesday then when he conceded two and kept passing directly to Croatia players then!!

In all seriousness he's had a very good tournament-a superb game today btw- but not a perfect tournament. All of England's players have had very good tournaments, all have played their part in a great team effort.

If anyone stands out for me it's the player who led the line in a team that didn't create lots of chances and is likely going to get the golden boot. I can see why people could disagree but don't see how it's that outrageous it's something Adrian Durham would say as a wind-up which was the original comment.

nah i think it's debatable myself, as i said when you look at some of the key saves pickford made he kept us in games at crucial times...on the other hand i agree the way kane started the tournament helped the team get where it did massively, he was a big influence

Penalties shouldn't count towards the golden boot.

has there been a "worse" golden boot winner btw?

too soon?

Absolutely not an absolute pathetic way to win the golden boot 3 penalties 2 tap ins and one that flew in off his heel that he knew nothing about. The lad is vastly overrated not a single shot on goal in 2 and a half games

too soon?

Absolutely not an absolute pathetic way to win the golden boot 3 penalties 2 tap ins and one that flew in off his heel that he knew nothing about. The lad is vastly overrated not a single shot on goal in 2 and a half games

eh, is this for real? :lol:

i wouldn't go that far at all like, it's just 4 of the 6 as you say are hardly that special

Guest Howaythetoon

Pickford has shown his class IMO and seems a big game or moment player. He may not be the best ‘keeper, but I can’t see him being a mental midget like many before him between the sticks. Seems to revel in being brave and being central in terms of key moments which given his position helps keep hi, on his toes and able to pull off the spectacular. His save against Croatia was Schmeichel like.

Guest ElCid

Like bollocks should it not be included a goal is a goal no matter how it is scored. A goal scored from a penalty is still a goal and therefore should be included no question

Guest Howaythetoon

too soon?

Overrated? :lol: Fucking hell. Not one of the so-called world-class CFs at the World Cup have looked any worse or better, but none have scored as many.

All this without real service.

I’ve read it all on here now, ends up top scorer, worst top scorer of all-time. Overrated.

It’s like the time Waddle criticise Shola’s finishing afte scorimg for us in the Europa League a few years back because he didn’t exactly smash it. Should have done better eh Chrissy? Kane should have scored better goals...

i suppose i meant is there a comparable GB winner then, with so many penalties and a deflection he literally knew nothing about? :lol:

i'm not knocking him at all, he's done what he needed to do and the best he could, he's clearly a top class striker

Guest Howaythetoon

i suppose i meant is there a comparable GB winner then, with so many penalties and a deflection he literally knew nothing about? :lol:

i'm not knocking him at all, he's done what he needed to do and the best he could, he's clearly a top class striker

This day and age you are not going to have the perfect whatever. Messi the best player in the world looked decidely average. To get 6 goals in the WC despite no real service is brilliant and shows what kind of striker he is because he doesn’t need to be a 10/10 to score or even have great service. He’s like Lineker in that he just scores, but is a better all-rounder IMO. Best since Shearer easily.

Kane’s shite, Rafa out.

So you think Harry Kane is class do you?. The guy is not in the top 4 of strikers in the league imo

Not in the same league as big Al but he gets praised to the hilt for scoring tap ins and penalties for England...come on

Football is all opinion based but you've got to look at things realistically here he's not had a shot on goal since his penalty against Colombia that's the captain and supposed world class striker

If he wasn't English he would be labelled shite

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s one of the best strikers in the world and although he’s as good as Shearer was at his peak, he’s got a better footballing brain on him which means even when he plays deep, he doesn’t look like someone who is out of place. Which striker in the PL is better out of interest?

He’s one of the best strikers in the world and although he’s as good as Shearer was at his peak, he’s got a better footballing brain on him which means even when he plays deep, he doesn’t look like someone who is out of place. Which striker in the PL is better out of interest?

Aguero,Lukaku,Jesus,Salah there's 4 I'd rather have playing for us than Kane

He's also not in the same league as an all round player as Suarez,Cavani or Lewandowski imo

I just think he gets far too much praise and is vastly over rated just like I said Vardy is and got shot down for it

But hey as I said it's all opinion based and I respect others opinions I'm just stating mine

He's also not in the same league as an all round player as Suarez,Cavani or Lewandowski imo

I just think he gets far too much praise and is vastly over rated just like I said Vardy is and got shot down for it

But hey as I said it's all opinion based and I respect others opinions I'm just stating mine

People are just pointing out that you’re wrong precious

Harry Kane's last 4 seasons playing in the Premier League, the supposed "best" league in the World.

2014-15: 21 in 34, as well as 7 goals in European Competitions.

2015-16: 25 in 38, Premier League top scorer.

2016-17: 29 in 30, Premier League top scorer.

2017-18: 30 in 37, as well as 7 goals in European Competitions, and a World Cup Golden boot. 47 goals in 54 competitive games for club and country this season.

For a striker, that is pretty World Class to me. He arguably has a better all round game than Aguero, Lukaku, Suarez and Cavani as well.