Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest godzilla

50,000 'toffs!' :spit:

Ludicrous in itself, but especially when you remember that Sunderland University exists. :lol: Stupid f***ing idiots.

Exaclty - honestly man

A few years ago the population of Sunderland was bigger than Newcastle. What that doesn’t take into account is the Sunderland accounted for everyone in Washington, next to South Shields, and as far down as Seaham.

Newcastle’s population stopped being counted at Walker where North Tyneside council took over, didn’t even include Ponteland where Northumberland took over, and obviously omitted the whole of Gateshead and South Tyneside.

Of course since then Newcastle’s population has then surpassed Sunderland’s

If you take Newcastle’s true population into account then it’s population is one of the largest in the UK, there is even a few cities in the USA (Colorado Springs) that it’s bigger than.

Guest godzilla

A few years ago the population of Sunderland was bigger than Newcastle. What that doesn’t take into account is the Sunderland accounted for everyone in Washington, next to South Shields, and as far down as Seaham.

Newcastle’s population stopped being counted at Walker where North Tyneside council took over, didn’t even include Ponteland where Northumberland took over, and obviously omitted the whole of Gateshead and South Tyneside.

Of course since then Newcastle’s population has then surpassed Sunderland’s

If you take Newcastle’s true population into account then it’s population is one of the largest in the UK, there is even a few cities in the USA (Colorado Springs) that it’s bigger than.

Sorry in the official census Washington is seperate

Newcastle is a bigger and better City than Sunderland and more people in the area of both Newcastle AND Sunderland would rather support Newcastle. That's a fact andv they don't like it.

Guest godzilla

Newcastle is a bigger and better City than Sunderland and more people in the area of both Newcastle AND Sunderland would rather support Newcastle. That's a fact andv they don't like it.

Very true

Guest neesy111

Sunderland's a bigger city population wise not by much according to last census.

Sunderland always have the most empty seats in football over a season, whatever league they're in.

And that is despite despite ALL Sunderland fans attending ALL games, whereas most mags never attend games and many don't even know where St.James Park is.

The catchment argument might hold more water (heh!) if they could point to other examples.

There are so many other factors involved: history, current success, past success, quality and accessibility of the stadia, class identification, etc.

I live here in the San Francisco Bay Area and the San Francisco-based clubs (baseball, American football) have always had larger fan bases than those based in Oakland. There have been periods were the Oakland teams were much more successful, but the San Francisco teams were always more popular.  Oakland has a larger "catchment area": it doesn't mean shit.

Guest godzilla

Careful now, you'll all end up like the RTG lot.

You're right but they just tell blatant lies and incorrect facts to try and justify their claims.

Why anyone goes to these lengths to disprove rtg bullshit is over my head like.

Couldn't think of nowt worse than reading their shit and trying to respond or have a meaningful debate.  From what you see in here the site seems to be the forum equivalent of a facebook NE bantaaaa page.

Guest covmag

Couldn't think of nowt worse than reading their shit and trying to respond or have a meaningful debate.  From what you see in here the site seems to be the forum equivalent of a facebook NE bantaaaa page.

Simple then, don’t read it and don’t comment or look at the thread mate, chill ya pips.

Simple then, don’t read it and don’t comment or look at the thread mate, chill ya pips.

My pips are chilled thanks. Sure it was you who said similar last time i mentioned this.

I'll keep reading this thread as well thanks, i like it...apart from when it's full of rtg-esque stuff.

Rather than giving a stroppy little comment, realise i wasn't having a go at anyone... Just stating that to me, going on that site and giving it credence or trying to have a rational debate is like braying your head off a wall.

I've made the mistake of trying to have a conversation with RTG type mackems before, it isn't worth it.