Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

They have almost to a man turned on Ross now. Thing is though, is it justified? Trying to keep a neutral stance here, looking in on them from the outside Ross seems to have done a good job in arresting a severe downward spiral. It might take them more than one season to fully reverse their decline but their baying mob are having non of it. In their eyes they think they are far to big to have to suffer more than one season in that league and this campaign should have been a stroll in the park. And they have the nerve to say we are deluded.....

Ross has spent 76% of the transfer budget of the entire division.  For us to have done the same in that season that we (according to them) bought the league with the biggest transfer spend ever in the Championship (not true) we'd have had to spend over £400m that season.

He's failing spectacularly.

Ok, when you put it like that. However...

They are a club that sacks a manager at least once a season. Maybe it's time to stick with one, despite the mistakes he has made? They have still only lost twice all season, after all.

They have almost to a man turned on Ross now. Thing is though, is it justified? Trying to keep a neutral stance here, looking in on them from the outside Ross seems to have done a good job in arresting a severe downward spiral. It might take them more than one season to fully reverse their decline but their baying mob are having non of it. In their eyes they think they are far to big to have to suffer more than one season in that league and this campaign should have been a stroll in the park. And they have the nerve to say we are deluded.....

Ross has spent 76% of the transfer budget of the entire division.  For us to have done the same in that season that we (according to them) bought the league with the biggest transfer spend ever in the Championship (not true) we'd have had to spend over £400m that season.

He's failing spectacularly.

Ok, when you put it like that. However...

They are a club that sacks a manager at least once a season. Maybe it's time to stick with one, despite the mistakes he has made? They have still only lost twice all season, after all.

The nerdy OCD in me has to point out it's actually 3 losses now.

Was at the game at Peterborough today, live 20 minutes from there so went with a mate.

Horrendous quality, both sides were very poor, Sunderland look like a typical league 1 side which says it all, their fans seem to have embraced lower league football as well the way they carry on and with their chants, proper small time.

They brought a lot of fans but inside the ground they were silent until they scored late on, few of their fans ran on the pitch and they let off some flares when they scored, was the only noise they made properly all game, was incredible when Peterborough equalised, a lot of their fans were saying how much they “hate Mackems” seems they really don’t like them as well.

Was a top day out

Posh-Fan-In-Peyce says that's not true.  Sunderland are their third favorite team after Peterborough and Feyenord.

fewel to the flayums

:lol: the netflix sub-title right there.

anyone know how many pompey are bringing up?

Full allocation. The RTGers were getting very angry they requested more tickets as their fans aren’t as good as theirs and are all “gyppos” and “pikeys” as they didn’t go in peace to Wembo.

Not sure...  I thought it was just that the staged purchase payments from The Don were secured against the Marrachute payments.

think geordie ahmed is right, was reported at the time marrachute payments would go to short to pay off what some of what he was owed iirc

Not sure...  I thought it was just that the staged purchase payments from The Don were secured against the Marrachute payments.

think geordie ahmed is right, was reported at the time marrachute payments would go to short to pay off what some of what he was owed iirc

Never heard this confirmed tbh, but I  can't believe Short would have walked away without wanting a piece of something and the parachute payments would fit the bill.

Pretty sure the repayments were secured against the marrachute payments, so they either cough up the installment or the marrchute does.

Either way its a big wedge they need to pay.

This is it I think.

Guest chopey

So if these go up it will immediately cost the £4 million in wages, which they don't have, even the staunchest Sunderland fan admits the current team is not good enough for the championship so more money would to be spent to even just finish mid table.

On the other hand they don't go up which means their current squad will have to be broken up with the top earners leaving because the current wage bill is the highest in the divisions history so it will make an already weak squad worse.

Guest chopey

I'm sure I read last week that the players all get rises if they get promoted which comes to £4 million extra on what they get now.

Guest covmag

I will repeat, let them go up, they will struggle to get mid table, they have fallen so far behind the PL is a decade away  O0

Win, win

I will repeat, let them go up, they will struggle to get mid table, they have fallen so far behind the PL is a decade away  O0

Win, win

They are so deluded by this big club mentality, they need another season down there for the penny to drop imho.

Win, win

They are so deluded by this big club mentality, they need another season down there for the penny to drop imho.

They could be down there for a decade and it still wouldn't drop. Even if it did, they would never admit it to others.