Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

They're 6th. 2 defeats in 11. Game in hand over one of the teams above them. There's no way that can be described as a "terrible" start like  :lol:

They aren’t in terrible form, and they have a game in hand over some teams, but most teams also have a game in hand, meaning they could easily be in the same position even if they win.

They have lost only 2 games, but I’m sure they only lost 3 or 4 games last season. They are now either half way towards that figure or 2/3rds towards it.

Their aim for both this season and last is/was automatic promotion. For the money that they have spent they should have done it or be much closer towards doing it.

They have no define right to comeback up, but their owners bought the club betting/assuming they would. They know that unless they go back up then they need to sell in order to stabilise the club. Right now they don’t seem to be going back up, and multiple potential buyers have ran. Is it any surprise the owners have got nervous and sacked the manager. Let’s also factor in the fact that right now they can make Ross out to be the bogeyman, and for now no one is pointing the finger at them.

They put all their eggs in one basket last year, paying £4m for Grigg which has so far not worked out. Whether that was down to the board or the manager I don't know as managers seem to have less and less say on transfers these days. They've padded most of the rest of the team out with free transfers and unknowns. I still think they would have gone up last season if not for the Checkytrade Cup final. Losing at "Wembo" seemed to really demoralise them and they weren't the same after that.

They were handily placed this season. 2nd favourites to go up behind Ipswich but the fans turned too quickly, and with the takeover being on the skids it just seems like a decision to appease an impatient fanbase. I think history shows that a lot of Play Off final losers have a bit of a hangover early on the following season.

No half decent manager is going to dirty his hands in the 3rd Division. Rowett would have been canny but he wants nothing to do with them, so I really don't understand the decision other than to appease the fans short term.

Hopefully they go for Keane. He'll lose the plot quite quickly having to work with such inferior players and could end up leaving them in a far worse position.

Am I the only one who really enjoys it when they lose?

I mean really enjoys it.

Me and my mate boom each other when they concede a goal:

1st Goal - Boom

2nd Goal - Basil Brush

3rd Goal - Outhere Brothers

4th Goal - Vengaboys

5th Goal- John le Hooker

6th or more :lol: - Baldrick's poem

You should join in!

Am I the only one who really enjoys it when they lose?

I mean really enjoys it.

Me and my mate boom each other when they concede a goal:

1st Goal - Boom

2nd Goal - Basil Brush

3rd Goal - Outhere Brothers

4th Goal - Vengaboys

5th Goal- John le Hooker

6th or more :lol: - Baldrick's poem

You should join in!

Nah that’s a bit weird

They are the first score I look for after ours. It takes my eyes an exceptionally long time to see their name on the list, it's like my brain absolutely refuses to acknowledge that they exist.

They are the first score I look for after ours. It takes my eyes an exceptionally long time to see their name on the list, it's like my brain absolutely refuses to acknowledge that they exist.

Still a bit odd.

I look to see how the other shit teams around us have gone.

Actually laughed out loud tonight when some fukker posted 'helicopter flying towards the Stadium of Light' only saying or summatt.... as if some big time Charlie was arriving ...ffs half of Roker and Pennywell went into meltdown trying to shove drugs up their fukin chimneys

Surely unless they're took over they can't afford Fat Sam

I reckon they couldn't afford Cack Dross since the takeover failed, and they had to cut their losses. No chance they'll get a big(ish) name.

Guest neesy111

I reckon they couldn't afford Cack Dross since the takeover failed, and they had to cut their losses. No chance they'll get a big(ish) name.

:pokerface:

Apparently he was on £350,000 a year