Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Doubt there’s a takeover if they are sacking the manager

Exactly my thoughts.  The Don was holding off sacking (and paying off) Ross hoping that the new owners would do that.    If there is no takeover then he has no choice but to act now with his own money to try and change things.

Getting way ahead of yourselves changing the headline of this thread mind. Ross might be gone but it's only speculation that the takeover is off. Sounds to me like there is a lot of brinkmanship going on.

If it is off though it will probably be the only joy I get out of football this season.  :lol:

Guest godzilla

Getting way ahead of yourselves changing the headline of this thread mind. Ross might be gone but it's only speculation that the takeover is off. Sounds to me like there is a lot of brinkmanship going on.

If it is off though it will probably be the only joy I get out of football this season.  :lol:

Honestly think the Dell boys have pulled out but he is still hoping to turn them round (not happen IMHO) or try and get someone else to save the implode which will happen. Why would anyone with wealth buy a third division club having to spend an absolute fortune (with still no guarantees either) to even get to the Premier League never mind competing. The obvious answer would be either to buy a club in the Premier League already or at worst buy a name team in the Championship. The media reports stating that they have looked at the mackems and then found too much investment would be required ring very true to me.

It's either on or off. Can't imagine the richest group of potential owners in football would need to haggle over the price of a third tier football club. Be like me going into the local corner shop and trying to get 1p off a Mars Bar.

It's either on or off. Can't imagine the richest group of potential owners in football would need to haggle over the price of a third tier football club. Be like me going into the local corner shop and trying to get 1p off a Mars Bar.

Areet moneybags

Rich bastard!