Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest Howaythetoon

Very lucky for him to potentially be signed by their academy. I hope he makes it. I have a 6 year old who I'm sure wont ever make a pro but I'm so proud of him just getting a goal or whatever.

You must be immensely proud.

Cheers mate, I just love watching him play and as long as he has fun and enjoys it I don’t care whether he plays for the sheer fun of it or professionally one day. The biggest buzz for me is this is all down to him, not me or anyone else, I actually feel bad I don’t push him more, but I’m realistic and just gonna let things play out naturally. It’s all good fun time for him as long as he wants to play and enjoys it all.

I know they have a game in hand on a few but the table and the clubs around them is beautiful. :lol:

9th in League 1, that really is where you expect to say names like Blackpool, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, etc.

Could look even better next weekend if they lose to a decent Coventry side. They havent beaten any of the teams above them yet this season

Finally got around to watching Sunlun till I die on Netflix. Should have known I'd have found it in the comedy section.

In all seriousness, I have two thoughts about the documentary; the first and most obvious is that their fans are the weirdest bunch of bastards in the world. Ugly, to a man/woman, the most horrific accent in the world and they have this obsession with just abusing everything. They lose a game and it's literally a verbal volley on whoever's is on the pitch or in the dugouts. It's like they just cant articulate actual words.

My second point, is that it's actually a tragic document of what can happen at a mismanaged football club. An owner who spent money in the wrong areas and when it backfired just basically shut up shop and let them sink into the abyss. I actually felt sorry for their staff, including both managers, players, the chefs etc. They were on a hiding to nothing in that championship season. Even Martin Bain was fucked over by short. You could see the resignation in his eyes. So I sort of have some sympathy for the employees at the club.

Their fans, on the other hand, what a fucking shame.  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Mackem academy coach has been in touch, gonna call me properly tomorrow, they’ve been watching the bairn for ages and want him to start ASAP. Not bragging, but I’ve been told they want to get in there before NUFC does, little do they know I’d never let my boy go to that dump :(

Mackem academy coach has been in touch, gonna call me properly tomorrow, they’ve been watching the bairn for ages and want him to start ASAP. Not bragging, but I’ve been told they want to get in there before NUFC does, little do they know I’d never let my boy go to that dump :(

So you're not letting him train with neither Newcastle or Sunderland?

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair at his age group NUFC are meant to be only 3rd behind SAFC and Boro but after that, well, they aren’t even non league standard!

Guest Howaythetoon

How fucking sad is that man btw :(

Me sending my own son to SAFC over NUFC, fuck you Ashley you fat fucking bastard cunt twat face wanker!

Guest godzilla

To be fair at his age group NUFC are meant to be only 3rd behind SAFC and Boro but after that, well, they aren’t even non league standard!

Thing is the history of our academy being shit stretches even beyond Ashley it's been a joke for over 30 years. If you look at the number of player coming through (top quality) and the ones missed who were from the area and supported the club, it's a sad tale.

Guest godzilla

I think their academy is canny tbh, or it was. Fair play HTT, awesome to have your kid scouted for a big club.

Think you can only judge an academy by the quality of players who have come through and it falls down massively over the last 30 year - edit ours that is I should say Sunderland's has been canny.

Guest godzilla

I think their academy is canny tbh, or it was. Fair play HTT, awesome to have your kid scouted for a big club.

Think you can only judge an academy by the quality of players who have come through and it falls down massively over the last 30 year - edit ours that is I should say Sunderland's has been canny.

Yeah they've done okay really, I think its faltering now though under the Don. I watched their u23's get completely schooled by ours, they were awful. The lad on loan at Harrogate Jack Diamond is some player though.

Yeah it's shocking the last couple of year.

Yeah they've done okay really, I think its faltering now though under the Don. I watched their u23's get completely schooled by ours, they were awful. The lad on loan at Harrogate Jack Diamond is some player though.

Yeah it's shocking the last couple of year.

Possibly because there are a number of players in their first team now that would still be at u23 level if they were a Premier league side.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m hearing NUFC’s doing good stuff with 5-8 year olds at the academy, but still behind sunderland in terms of development.

Anyway I had a canny chat with the coach today and he’s put a few concerns of mine at ease and made me feel like this will be a great thing for my boy, it’s all about skills and tricks and beating players between 5-7 ages which will suit my boy perfectly.

Not that he needs extra help with that, it’s getting him to look up and when to play a pass he needs help with as he just wants to beat everyone and showcase his skills and tricks.

Get that part right and he’ll be some player my own bias aside.

He’s starting to use his left a lot now and scored a cracking goal tonight at training with his left, I’ve been encouraging him to use it and unlike me who had to practice practice practice for years, he’s finding it natural to use his left where he’s just as good as on his right.

Love watching him play he’s my footy hero man :D

They are looking to get him in ASAP, this coming Thursday even. His ex team-mate and friend is there so that’s good and I’ll at least know someone as parents aren’t allowed to watch.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sunderland’s Academy and set up can’t be at the level it was a few short years ago. They’re not exactly flush with cash, good luck with your choice.

Standard of coaching/facilities won’t have changed much at that level surely? I’m in no doubt it has higher up the ages though. Either way, we are treating it just as an extra bit of training. He started Futsal 2 weeks back and was quickly moved up to an older age/advanced level group and the standard of coaching, sessions and talent among the kids is some of the best I’ve seen/experienced so it will be good to gauge what the pro level standard is like against that for example which is essentially a franchise ran by two young lads with a mix of kids girls and boys varying in ages and ability but all equally skilful. Future of our game in England may just be getting even more healthier.

Sunderland’s Academy and set up can’t be at the level it was a few short years ago. They’re not exactly flush with cash, good luck with your choice.

Standard of coaching/facilities won’t have changed much at that level surely? I’m in no doubt it has higher up the ages though. Either way, we are treating it just as an extra bit of training. He started Futsal 2 weeks back and was quickly moved up to an older age/advanced level group and the standard of coaching, sessions and talent among the kids is some of the best I’ve seen/experienced so it will be good to gauge what the pro level standard is like against that for example which is essentially a franchise ran by two young lads with a mix of kids girls and boys varying in ages and ability but all equally skilful. Future of our game in England may just be getting even more healthier.

There’s a quote from Methven about the loan they’ve just taken “The money will be used largely to improve various things around the club. Some of it might sound very uninteresting, but we believe they're important. Fixing the speakers at the Stadium of Light, for example, or the lift at the Academy of Light is broken and needs fixing. These are quite significant payments to make, and this new investment will help that"

They’re scrimping and saving all over the place and are clearly struggling with running costs. Nufc need heavy investment in their youth set up to be where it really should be but it should stable. It’s a difficult choice. If Sunderland don’t get promoted the consequences will be felt at all levels.

Guest Howaythetoon

There’s a quote from Methven about the loan they’ve just taken “The money will be used largely to improve various things around the club. Some of it might sound very uninteresting, but we believe they're important. Fixing the speakers at the Stadium of Light, for example, or the lift at the Academy of Light is broken and needs fixing. These are quite significant payments to make, and this new investment will help that"

They’re scrimping and saving all over the place and are clearly struggling with running costs. Nufc need heavy investment in their youth set up to be where it really should be but it should stable. It’s a difficult choice. If Sunderland don’t get promoted the consequences will be felt at all levels.

Doesn’t read well does it, as ever when owners fuck up, it’s the genuine people who suffer like staff, coaches and kids. That’s what I hate the most about NUFC because when it comes to NUFC vs SAFC and my boy and other Geordie kids, there should never be a choice between the two. Sadly it seems even if the people behind the scenes do care so much, the club itself doesn’t give a fuck one way or another which is seen at every level of the club, none morse so than senior/first team level.

Rafa could have relegated us last year and I’ll always respect and be grateful to the man for fighting for the good cause of all those people at the academy and training ground to make things bigger and better for them all, unlike the fucking owner.

A club like NUFC should never ever fail off the field, but it has and will continue to do as long as Ashley is around while our local rivals prosper and our local talent go elsewhere or end up not getting the best standard of coaching, training, facilities to train and learn. That will be the biggest lasting damage not a relegation or the sale of some land or getting knocked out of a cup.

Seriously, if NUFC come in for my kid, I’d tell them where to go. Not because of the coaches or poor facilities, but because the club does not give a fuck about any of that where as the likes of sunderland clearly do. I don’t want that kind of environment for my son as much as I don’t want to go and pay to watch the team under Steve Bruce surrounded by SD signs all-around while the owner and his cronies sit in their ivory towers grinning away laughing at all these mugs which is what we are or would be if we did go, if we sent our kids there or if we continued supporting this joke of a club who doesn’t even support the very people who keep it ducking going. From Rafa to joe bloggs in the canteen using a kettle to boil the players’ baths.