Newcastle United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion - 28/04/18 - post match from page 9

Greg

My nephew was there and said it was an awful game matched by an equally awful atmopshere and that there was audible boos at the end. We should be beating WBA at home like regardless.

Especially with our "world class" manager.

You've got issues.

If having 'issues' is telling it as it is then yes, I have issues. Sorry, the Rafa appointment hasn't excited me much  but the football in the main has been pretty bland, dull and in the main utterly shit to watch. There's some think it a mortal sin to even contemplate that Rafa could be criticised.

Your issues are more to do with getting off on being an internet WUM. Not exactly the most grown up thing to do is it ?

I assume you teach lessons in a Noddy car.

My nephew was there and said it was an awful game matched by an equally awful atmopshere and that there was audible boos at the end. We should be beating WBA at home like regardless.

You've got issues.

If having 'issues' is telling it as it is then yes, I have issues. Sorry, the Rafa appointment hasn't excited me much  but the football in the main has been pretty bland, dull and in the main utterly shit to watch. There's some think it a mortal sin to even contemplate that Rafa could be criticised.

Your issues are more to do with getting off on being an internet WUM. Not exactly the most grown up thing to do is it ?

Calling yesterdays performance 'fucking garbage' is WUM? Is it really? Seems the few I've read on the thread after my post who suggest they actually attended agree with my sentiments entirely.

And I'm puzzled as to what my chosen profession has to with anything?

We've played plenty of good stuff this season, particularly in the recent winning run. We're obviously functional but that's dictated less by Rafa's style at present and more the quality we have to choose from.

A couple of poor performances and all the usual shite comes out. It's embarrassing.

You've got issues.

Calling yesterdays performance 'fucking garbage' is WUM? Is it really? Seems the few I've read on the thread after my post who suggest they actually attended agree with my sentiments entirely.

Haven't seen you around these parts for a while, been on holiday or something?

Guest Howaythetoon

We've played plenty of good stuff this season, particularly in the recent winning run. We're obviously functional but that's dictated less by Rafa's style at present and more the quality we have to choose from.

A couple of poor performances and all the usual shite comes out. It's embarrassing.

It was a poor performance, but again, we should not be losing to this WBA side at home.

You've got issues.

Haven't seen you around these parts for a while, been on holiday or something?

I've been here - watching - waiting....

It was a poor performance, but again, we should not be losing to this WBA side at home.

Either should Man Utd after spending half a billion or whatever. It's football, shit happens.

Who would you rather have as manager Crumpy?

Probably Pardew, doesn't play this boring defensive s**** the paella muncher plays, plays front foot attacking football. And most importantly, he's a true British patriot who probably voted leave.

Guest Howaythetoon

Either should Man Utd after spending half a billion or whatever. It's football, shit happens.

Ha ha touché, but we are better than WBA and again should not be losing to them at home. Man Utd should not be losing to us away and while they did of course, that’s still by the by when it comes to our fixture with WBA.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me Rafa has obviously done wonders this season to keep us up, but the football could be much better. It’s one facet of his reign here that I just don’t and never will be happy with. I thought against Arsenal though we played really good stuff and I’m happy with playing like that. Give him better players and we will play better, much better. We will never play great football under him though regardless. Again I’d be happy with that if we were winning and winning in a certain way, Arsenal at home being that kind of way.

Guest Howaythetoon

Did Liverpool not play great football when they would repeatedly dick us? Particularly in the 0-3 and 1-5 at SJP?

Football we would kill for, but not liquid football.

Did Liverpool not play great football when they would repeatedly dick us? Particularly in the 0-3 and 1-5 at SJP?

So as we do get better players, the football will get better? Think it's daft to suggest we will never play great football under him. Even games last year, QPR away, Preston at home in the cup, Birmingham at home, Leeds away, the football was great. No it'll never be like 90s Keegan, or like Guardiola or Klopp this year, but to think we will never play great football under Rafa regardless of the quality of player we have? Sorry like, but I think that's a bit daft.

Guest Howaythetoon

You know what I mean, even at Liverpool the football wasn’t the best even when dishing out hammimgs. I’m fine with that, but not the way we played against WBA for example.

Guest Howaythetoon

So as we do get better players, the football will get better? Think it's daft to suggest we will never play great football under him. Even games last year, QPR away, Preston at home in the cup, Birmingham at home, Leeds away, the football was great. No it'll never be like 90s Keegan, or like Guardiola or Klopp this year, but to think we will never play great football under Rafa regardless of the quality of player we have? Sorry like, but I think that's a bit daft.

There are all kinds of ways to play football. We sometimes play good stuff, again against Arsenal I enjoyed our football and quite enjoy that style, especially over Arsenl’s style which is considered good. It will never be great football though. Not that I’m looking for that, but howay, some of the stuff we’ve played this year even with our squad has been awful, as bad as its ever been in the last decade.

Guest Howaythetoon

No one was pleased with how we played against WBA, least of all Rafa

Of course, but we haveplayed like that a lot this season...

There are all kinds of ways to play football. We sometimes play good stuff, again against Arsenal I enjoyed our football and quite enjoy that style, especially over Arsenl’s style which is considered good. It will never be great football though. Not that I’m looking for that, but howay, some of the stuff we’ve played this year even with our squad has been awful, as bad as its ever been in the last decade.

The football has been poor at times because the squad is so as well. 

Players obviously decided they could give themselves a break, as shown by the defenders just not picking people up at all, Gayle offering pretty much no movement off the ball when he's usually never stopping.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s about philosophy, training, coaching etc. Someone like KK and I hate to mention him would have a pub team playing better or more aesthetic football than we do, just down to how he wants a team to play. On the other hand someone like Rafa would have a pub team wininning more matches so it’s horses for courses. I’m not complaining as such, but I can see where criticism comes from and why people complain. I wouldn’t like to pay to watch that week in week out fuck that.