Newcastle United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion - 28/04/18 - post match from page 9

Greg

tbf to Crumplestiltskin it was fairly rancid like :lol:

Aye and you are totally missing the point. If he only posts negative things when NUFC have an obviously hideous and negative result, is he ever wrong? No but he's a c***.

He's a blatant WUM, man. :lol: Just ignore the w*****.

He's not even a WUM anymore because he's not going against the grain or saying outlandish s***. He just spouts negativity after poor performances :lol:

Can you imagine being stuck in a car with him for 2 hours? I'd be accelerating into oncoming traffic.

:lol:

He's not even a WUM anymore because he's not going against the grain or saying outlandish shit. He just spouts negativity after poor performances :lol:

Can you imagine being stuck in a car with him for 2 hours? I'd be accelerating into oncoming traffic.

Failing your test with him as your instructor:

‘You’re shit and I find didn’t expect you to pass anyway’

Looks as if many of our lads have one eye on the beach for their summer holidays. I'm sure Rafa will be most unhappy with that! If anything the last two games show that this side need major investment in the summer. Will it happen though? :???:

Guest neesy111

Looks as if many of our lads have one eye on the beach for their summer holidays. I'm sure Rafa will be most unhappy with that! If anything the last two games show that this side need major investment in the summer. Will it happen though? :???:

No, unless we get taken over.

I'd keep him as backup tbh. I'd rather not have Manquillo as our second choice full back, hence why I'd like a LB as well. We need some strength in depth which I believe some of the current XI we have could provide as squad players but we need quality upgrades on them.

I don't mind Yedlin usually I just thought he was really bad today.

Today reminded me a lot of games last year where the opposition were happy to give Lascelles loads of time on the ball and then pounce on us once the ball went in the middle. Most of our recent games we've been able to win without having that much possession (Huddersfield aside probably)

Past two results the players that were transformed ie Diame,Shelvey,Perez have just almost gone into reverse.  You would think with the world cup, some players would still be trying to keep the form improvements in themselves going.

Really disappointed with those last 2 games. We are better than both these sides. Everton were/are abysmal under fat sam, and these jokers WBA should have had a tanning.

The performance was bad, but I do think we deserved a point.

You know what I'm annoyed at. There are still people in the ground who just don't fucking get it. I have already came on here and said how I sit next to one of those fans who never lets go of an opportunity to have a go at Rafa, and then harp on about Keegan's style of play.

He has 2 sons, one of which sometimes takes his place, he's just as bad. Today it was the turn of his other son who is worse. 'Rafa is shit, negative football, this game is shit, I don't come to the ground to support the club but to get entertained, Mitro Mitro Mitro'. All that guff. In front of me there 3 young lads, all in their 20's. They go and support the club, they were probably too young to fully appreciate SBR's team, and certainly not old enough to remember KK, a bit like me. They know the game has moved on since KK, and even SBR. As much as they appreciate hi they know that players are more intelligent, you can't go all out attack like KK did, and certainly not with our team because we'll be taken apart. They know what Rafa has done for the club and they appreciate. They know why he's rotated the squad, they know why Mitro is out on loan to Fulham and why he's flourishing there and not here. When one of them said that Mitro has found his level, wasted his opportunities here, and is doing nothing more than what Gayle did last season I thought the older bloke was going to punch him.

There is still too many fans out their who don't understand how the game has changed, the limitations of the squad, and in general what Rafa has done. These people are 1 of 3 different types.

1: They are desperately trying to cling onto the KK years like a middle-aged man or women getting up on the dance floor in a nightclub and thinking they still have it.

2: They are just fucking thick and don't understand the dynamics of the game.

3: Just love to moan and use football as an outlet.

If it's so bad and you don't like the football, or you go to be entertained instead of supporting the club then just don't bother going.

Yes we got beaten today, and yes we were poor, we are all going to go to work on Monday and be a little pissed off. However most of us are going to be happy when taking the whole season into consideration, we are all going to be positive about the future of the club (so long as Rafa stays), and we are all going to look forward to the next season. If you are one of the ones who can't do that then either grow up and see the bigger picture, or realise that your not a football supporter, but a football follower and get a Sky subscription and don't bother coming back to games.

Awful performance no getting away from it. I've always stuck up for Yedlin but I think maybe right back maybe the first position we need to strengthen in the summer.

Finally the fans. Again I always stick up for the crowd because we are the best in the country (albeit we don't have much competition) but the crowd were as bad as the team today. Support was pathetic and the boos and jeers for any misplaced passes were louder than any positive support for the players. Shameful really. Bad day at the office all round.

Awful performance no getting away from it. I've always stuck up for Yedlin but I think maybe right back maybe the first position we need to strengthen in the summer.

Finally the fans. Again I always stick up for the crowd because we are the best in the country (albeit we don't have much competition) but the crowd were as bad as the team today. Support was pathetic and the boos and jeers for any misplaced passes were louder than any positive support for the players. Shameful really. Bad day at the office all round.

Dummet was worse the Yedlin.

:lol: Come on, man...

Dummet was worse the Yedlin.

Agree he was poor but overall since he came back from injury he's been the better of the two full backs. Yedlin and Gayle out of the starting XI today would be the first two I'd look to replace in the summer.

Other than centre forward which position would you look to be strengthening first?

Other than centre forward which position would you look to be strengthening first?

Number 10 and central midfield. It may seem harsh considering the contribution from both Perez and Diame during our recent run but do you really want them starting all next season? I just don't think a centre forward alone would instantly turn our fortunes around on the attacking front.

We've a relatively steady backline. Yedlin is the first defender I'd upgrade but certainly not the first starting XI player I'd upgrade.

Bear in mind he was shite today and we still only dropped the one goal. We'd be over it if we had any ability to unlock a reasonably solid defence.

Benitez loves him and I'm starting to see why. Yedlin has struggled at times this season and a lot of teams have targeted him as our weak spot (West Brom at the hawthornes for one).

Well my reply wasn't worth the finger ache of typing it out on this shitty phone. :lol: Agree to disagree I guess.