Group A - Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Uruguay - URU & RUS advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hope someone slips Clive some Polonium for that accusation.

Wot? :lol:

Claimed Putin will take credit for that victory.

Needs to watch his letterbox/Beef Stroganoff for the rest of his trip.

Hope someone slips Clive some Polonium for that accusation.

Wot? :lol:

Claimed Putin will take credit for that victory.

Needs to watch his letterbox/Beef Stroganoff for the rest of his trip.

Oh man. Is he the guy doing play-by-play on FIFA? :lol:

their passing game is class, they've played some lovely intricate football in the midfield today and that's enough to not be dubbed as 'horrific' or 'terrible' imo.

Are you serious? They kept missing the easiest of passes. one of the worst passing sides I've ever seen. Just because they tried to play from the back doesn't mean it was good. A passing side with something like 75% passing rate is ridiculously bad. Russia with their more difficult passes had the same success rate almost.

their passing game is class, they've played some lovely intricate football in the midfield today and that's enough to not be dubbed as 'horrific' or 'terrible' imo.

Are you serious? They kept missing the easiest of passes. one of the worst passing sides I've ever seen. Just because they tried to play from the back doesn't mean it was good. A passing side with something like 75% passing rate is ridiculously bad. Russia with their more difficult passes had the same success rate almost.

Not what I said at all.

They played some nice stuff. Passes out the back were poor, but once in the midfield they were playing their triangles very well and some of them had great feet. I thought they looked a good technical side but didn't have the strength across the entire team that they required against such a massive, physical side. I was pleasantly surprised by them at times, so fair play SA.

Man, Denis Cheryshev has a slight Spanish accent :lol:

He's lived here since he was a bairn. His Spanish is flawless accent-wise.

Oh I know that, just never thought he had that accent thing. Bernd Leno's parents speak Russian at home for example, but he speaks like a complete forrin :lol:

I will try to get a message to his dad, a cool bloke. Won't shut up about Gijon and their fans, had a few drinks with him a few years back.

Fun pub quiz facts - Denis plays in Real Madrid themed sheens. And he and his dad are one of a select father-son group who both scored at the Nou Camp.