Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria - CRO & ARG advance

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think Nigeria will beat Argentina tbh.

Unless Argentina improve drastically i don't see how any other outcome tbh.

I think the exact opposite tbh :lol: it’s all set up too well for Nigeria

I think the exact opposite tbh :lol: it’s all set up too well for Nigeria

I totally expect Argentina to beat Nigeria, but Iceland to beat Croatia with the deciding goal coming secen minutes into added time - making Messi cry delicious tears.

Think people are overreacting a bit to the Argentina performance yesterday. It was a pretty even game with Croatia slightly better until Caballero's error. I don't think Nigeria are able to defend that well when they sit off but their pace will definitely trouble Argentina. 50/50 for me

Guest firetotheworks

You'd think the Croatia match would make them see what their obvious problems are, but they look like they can't see the wood for the trees. I wouldn't bet on them to do a great deal better even in the right system, because that would still require them to have any plan beyond giving it to Messi.

Think people are overreacting a bit to the Argentina performance yesterday. It was a pretty even game with Croatia slightly better until Caballero's error. I don't think Nigeria are able to defend that well when they sit off but their pace will definitely trouble Argentina. 50/50 for me

That was more because Croatia didn't play that well tbh until the first goal, the fact Aguero and Messi hardly touched the ball says all you need to know. They are just incapable of getting the ball near the box.

By definition that's a terrible performance.

Argentina gonna go through like

I do hope so. And I also hope they quit playing dross like that Acuna lad amongst many others. I could understand leaving Higuian, Dybala and the likes on the bench if you had a system that was working, but they've been shocking so might as well play a simple system and get the danger men on the pitch. They looked much better with Pavon & Dybala yesterday.

I do hope so. And I also hope they quit playing dross like that Acuna lad amongst many others. I could understand leaving Higuian, Dybala and the likes on the bench if you had a system that was working, but they've been shocking so might as well play a simple system and get the danger men on the pitch. They looked much better with Pavon & Dybala yesterday.

They made no difference like, that was their worst part of the game. IMO they need to get a 4 man back four with full backs playing as full backs in their best positions. Mascherano, Di Maria and some shit cunt in midfield and Messi behind Aguero and Higuain

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone else noticed that refs are blowing the final whistle before the ball's in play? It's not made any difference, I've just only really noticed it being a thing during this world cup.

Anyone else noticed that refs are blowing the final whistle before the ball's in play? It's not made any difference, I've just only really noticed it being a thing during this world cup.

It’s been really annoying me. Been happening all the time in this WC for some reason.

Absolutely devastating :'( Full credit to the Nigerians though, they were excellent. All we can do is try and nick three points from Croatia and hope for the best. Even though we lost I am so proud of my boys, they gave their everything and very obviously couldn't deal with the heat :(

They made no difference like, that was their worst part of the game. IMO they need to get a 4 man back four with full backs playing as full backs in their best positions. Mascherano, Di Maria and some shit cunt in midfield and Messi behind Aguero and Higuain

Aye? I thought Argentina looked more likely when Dybala & Pavon were on like. Must have seen in differently to yourself.

So happy guys. Such a clutch performance. At least we go to the last game with a chance.

So happy the manager changed the system and also started Kelechi and Musa.

So so so happy for Musa too. I've always liked him, because he is such a problem with that pace. And on hi's day he can go past players and finish convincingly.

Think Leicester have done him a great disservice in his time there. Not to even use him in their rotation at all is crazy to me.

Ah man, so thrilled.

Aye? I thought Argentina looked more likely when Dybala & Pavon were on like. Must have seen in differently to yourself.

They still created fuck all and that was when the game was over

They still created fuck all and that was when the game was over

Fair play. I agree with the rest of your comment like. That set up or similar is certainly what they need on yesterday's evidence particularly.