The World Cup Final: France 4-2 Croatia

Greg

What's the deal with VAR after the WC?  I presume they're not implementing it into leagues just yet?  Seems far too inconsistent as of yet.  Some games it makes great calls, then some games there's no calls from it at all when there should have been. 

it's a fucking awful decision, his hand was always on the way down man [emoji38]

Wow.

you're absolutely wrong on this like, he jumped with his arms up and did what they're all trained to which is get his arms back down by his sides...the france player missed it and it hit his arm on the way down

never a pen

I don't really have an argument to make one way or another like, but KI, unless you're living a parallel reality as Ivan Perisic, you can't make statements like "blatantly deliberate". How do you know his arms aren't just coming down that way anyway? Not saying one way or another, but you can't be so certain of his intent like.

it's a fucking awful decision, his hand was always on the way down man [emoji38]

Wow.

you're absolutely wrong on this like, he jumped with his arms up and did what they're all trained to which is get his arms back down by his sides...the france player missed it and it hit his arm on the way down

never a pen

I comprehensively disagree, you're blind.

I comprehensively disagree, you're blind.

What's the deal with VAR after the WC?  I presume they're not implementing it into leagues just yet?  Seems far too inconsistent as of yet.  Some games it makes great calls, then some games there's no calls from it at all when there should have been. 

Hasn’t it already been used for a year in Germany and Italy?

Guest firetotheworks

Wow.

never a pen

I don't really have an argument to make one way or another like, but KI, unless you're living a parallel reality as Ivan Perisic, you can't make statements like "blatantly deliberate". How do you know his arms aren't just coming down that way anyway? Not saying one way or another, but you can't be so certain of his intent like.

I don't believe that it's a coincidence that as the direction of the ball changes, the movement of Perisic's arm perfectly correlates with the path of the ball, no.

Hasn’t it already been used for a year in Germany and Italy?

I'm ludicrously out of touch with football, so it could well have been, aye. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

How is the Cavani goal not in there?

So many fantastic goals missing. Cherychev's first Vs Saudi Arabia isn't in there either.

Out here on a limb with KI :lol:

No chance Perisic’s arm comes down like that if he doesn’t instinctively think there’s a chance of blocking the ball with his hand.

Anyway, let’s enjoy the game.

Why didn't they use VAR for the offside on the first goal?

It was an own goal. There’s no offside.

What? Pogba pushes Mandzukic in the back, he is clearly involved in play.

If this had been England, losing a World Cup final to France because of a dodgy VAR decision from an Argentine ref would have been the greatest thing to ever happen to the English tabloids.

:lol: Historians wouldn't be able to admit a soccer game is what restarted the 100 years war.

I think VAR is a good idea, but it's not working at present, it doesn't seem its stopped bad decisions happening. I don't understand how VAR refs looked at that handball and thought it was a clear and obvious error, and i don't know how ref thinks that is a) deliberate and b) the player had time to get hands out the way. It does fulfil hands moving towards ball and I suspect that is what Ref saw and decided on the pen.

VAR ultimately probably needs to come in, but it cannot be used for borderline decisions. It's meant to be there to avoid glaring errors not debatable ones.

Out here on a limb with KI :lol:

No chance Perisic’s arm comes down like that if he doesn’t instinctively think there’s a chance of blocking the ball with his hand.

have you not paid attention to modern defensive techniques wrt hands/arms/handball?

Guest firetotheworks

Out here on a limb with KI [emoji38]

have you not paid attention to modern defensive techniques wrt hands/arms/handball?

Has the ref?