Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

In a match like that (where you'd prefer it to be different and for us to keep possession but can't) he definitely has his qualities.

Would much rather play Tonali obviously but I thought he played well.

Whilst understanding that Tonali is undoubtedly better than Longstaff, he did nothing today that suggested he should start ahead of him.

People really need to leave their desire to criticise him to one side at times like.

I appreciate the loyalty to players but I didn’t think he played well today at all. He got bullied off the ball as usual, once when we had a really nice break on. We need players who are better on the ball in the middle as our midfield 

was totally overrun today and when we did get the ball back we couldn’t hold onto it. We looked a completely different team in possession when Tonali came on 

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Thought he was solid. It’s just his permanent shortcomings people are complaining about.

What Joelinton did to set the goal up kind of showcased his shortcomings. You'll never see that from Longstaff, the ability to control the ball, step away from challenges then play a killer pass to make a goal.

I gett that's not his game and he has other qualities, but I strongly believe that all your CM's need to have really good close control to make the engine room tick. That said, Joelinton and Bruo were both poor today in general.

Just now, gbandit said:

I appreciate the loyalty to players but I didn’t think he played well today at all. He got bullied off the ball as usual, once when we had a really nice break on. We need players who are better on the ball in the middle as our midfield 

was totally overrun today and when we did get the ball back we couldn’t hold onto it. We looked a completely different team in possession when Tonali came on 

I'd argue that take is more a disloyalty to him than the loyalty being shown towards him. People decide they don't like a player and cannot see past it, is what I find.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I'd argue that take is more a disloyalty to him than the loyalty being shown towards him. People decide they don't like a player and cannot see past it, is what I find.

I’ve got a lot of time for Sean. Out of possession he was outstanding in our top four finish season, genuinely brilliant at the press. Given that we no longer seem to press his shortcomings on the ball are extremely evident and it’s noticeable every game in my opinion. I might be biased but I think I generally try to see all players strengths and weaknesses 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’ve got a lot of time for Sean. Out of possession he was outstanding in our top four finish season, genuinely brilliant at the press. Given that we no longer seem to press his shortcomings on the ball are extremely evident and it’s noticeable every game in my opinion. I might be biased but I think I generally try to see all players strengths and weaknesses 

I don't many shortcomings on the ball tbh today. He switched it a few times immaculately and looked to play forward passes a lot. Maybe I'm being biased. It'd be good to se some stats on it.

Just now, Heron said:

I don't many shortcomings on the ball tbh today. He switched it a few times immaculately and looked to play forward passes a lot. Maybe I'm being biased. It'd be good to se some stats on it.

He did do one lovely switch pass out to the left, I’ll give him that for sure