Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Just for shits and giggles if we signed a top end DM / 6 who can get around the pitch and play some football, you unleash Tonali as an all action 8 and you could get away with Bruno playing even further up as a hybrid 10 / 8 and let him play ball. He can also go back to being his 8 role too. 

ideally id love for us to get a real proper attacking mid and young athletic defensive minded mid. Move on Longstaff and jury still out on Willock, who I wish would kick on! 

16 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just for shits and giggles if we signed a top end DM / 6 who can get around the pitch and play some football, you unleash Tonali as an all action 8 and you could get away with Bruno playing even further up as a hybrid 10 / 8 and let him play ball. He can also go back to being his 8 role too. 

ideally id love for us to get a real proper attacking mid and young athletic defensive minded mid. Move on Longstaff and jury still out on Willock, who I wish would kick on! 

A Tiote regen would be nice.

I’ve been very slow to understand EH’s philosophy with the midfield but I think I’m starting to see idea with 3 players who can all do a bit of 6 & 8. It really requires CBs who are good at getting super tight when we’re without the ball. Burn is a mile away from that (though he’s good at other things).

I still feel we could use a midfielder who can read the game and whose 1st instinct is to protect. If we’re gelling well and our CBs are right up the arses of the oppo forwards then this 6ish CM can go and press higher with the other 2. 

Edited by Lotus

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

I’ve been very slow to understand EH’s philosophy with the midfield but I think I’m starting to see idea with 3 players who can all do a bit of 6 & 8. It really requires CBs who are good at getting super tight when we’re without the ball. Burn is a mile away from that (though he’s good at other things).

I still feel we could use a midfielder who can read the game and whose 1st instinct is to protect. If we’re gelling well and our CBs are right up the arses of the oppo forwards then this 6ish CM can go and press higher with the other 2. 

Schar and Botman were relentless with this in our 4th season. Trips and Burn were too tbf.