Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

I'm not an Xg lover, but what do we reckon that chance would've scored on the index? I'd guess it wouldn't be more than about 0.3. Big opportunity, but not one you can't believe didn't go in.

Just now, 80 said:

I'm not an Xg lover, but what do we reckon that chance would've scored on the index? I'd guess it wouldn't be more than about 0.3. Big opportunity, but not one you can't believe didn't go in.

I don't know how it's worked out, but I would think 50% chance of scoring or somewhere around there. A top player converts it more often than that I suppose. 

I wouldn’t expect above 0.3. I was in the Gallowgate so didn’t have the best view but I’d say scoring from there isn’t that likely but getting it on target is what most good midfielders would have managed. If you’re going for a precision finish then it needs to be on target at least 

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

Bare in mind he had been on the pitch minutes and it was his first kick of the game. How many players could walk onto a pitch and whip one far post past Ederson with their first touch?

Just now, Fak said:

Bare in mind he had been on the pitch minutes and it was his first kick of the game. How many players could walk onto a pitch and whip one far post past Ederson with their first touch?

Not everyone, but enough to make it a good chance. 

I really like Sean Longstaff but thought he should have done better with the chance and not losing the ball when he did. Having said that I'm gonna now take my myself to the Fabian Schar thread to see if he is getting the same grief for his ridiculous Cruyff pass at 1-1.

Longstaff isn't great but I absolutely get it if he is shiteing his pants every time he gets the ball at SJP. That may not be good enough for us, which is fair comment, but nonetheless- it's a very sad state of affairs that, that's how he feels.

Edited by Heron

That Cruyff pass was horrific. I don’t normally criticise the players when in the stands but after he did that I couldn’t stop myself shouting out loud “what the fuck are you doing man”

i;m desperate for him to do well. he absolutely loves the club.

but i think he may need to move on.

after giving that ball away at the back he was was bright red for a few minutes. obvioulsy embarrassed and anxious.

just dont think the self belief is there.

5 minutes ago, Ellis H said:

Longstaff’s xG was 0.21. Barnes was 0.25 and Joelinton was 0.19 for comparison.

Wasn't Joelinton at LCB or or some shit today? I missed the first half and start of the second.

4 minutes ago, Displayname said:

It isnt about how big a chance it was, but what he did with it having all the time and space in the world. If he made a decent shot that the keeper saved noone would complain.

They would like :lol:

40 minutes ago, Heron said:

Wasn't Joelinton at LCB or or some shit today? I missed the first half and start of the second.

We defended in a 5-4-1 where he played the left of the 3 CBs. It worked pretty well.

2 minutes ago, mosstef said:

We defended in a 5-4-1 where he played the left of the 3 CBs. It worked pretty well.

Seemed to from what I'd seen. Have to love Joelinton man. What a lad.

26 minutes ago, Heron said:

Seemed to from what I'd seen. Have to love Joelinton man. What a lad.

I personally thought Joelinton and Bruno were our worst performers today.

2 minutes ago, Rod said:

I personally thought Joelinton and Bruno were our worst performers today.

I didn't see much of it, but the system seemed to work a least. I know John Anderson wasn't happy with Big Jo like, said he was just fouling all the time :lol:

1 minute ago, Heron said:

I didn't see much of it, but the system seemed to work a least. I know John Anderson wasn't happy with Big Jo like, said he was just fouling all the time :lol:

Yes, Joelinton has got into this awful habit of being a bully boy.  I love his aggression but it has to be disciplined aggression.