Fabian Schär

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

They just need a kick up the arse and told to cover. 

or kick ‘em in the balls!

:)

I can’t argue that - but they simply don’t do it.  And Schar can’t be blind to that.

It works better when Joelinton and Willock play, as they offer cover on the left & do the defensive work, allowing Burn to tuck in (BDB gets called all sorts on this site, and people wonder how he plays ahead of Livramento - for me, it’s because Burn allows Schar and / or Trippier to bomb on more).  

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

:)

I can’t argue that - but they simply don’t do it.  And Schar can’t be blind to that.

It works better when Joelinton and Willock play, as they offer cover on the left & do the defensive work, allowing Burn to tuck in (BDB gets called all sorts on this site, and people wonder how he plays ahead of Livramento - for me, it’s because Burn allows Schar and / or Trippier to bomb on more).  

That's a load of shit, Tino is twice the player Burn is, attacking and defending.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's a load of shit, Tino is twice the player Burn is, attacking and defending.

He’s not someone who can tuck in and cover at centre half though, is he?

NB I wouldn’t pick Burn ahead of Livramento either.  But I also wouldn’t allow Schar to think he’s fucking Beckenbauer, and I would tell the dozy sod to stay in shape / formation. 

9 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m not saying that they shouldn’t be able to do it.  But they don’t.  Bruno might as well stand pointing in the direction of our goal when it happens.

And that’s Schar’s fault?

image.thumb.jpeg.5a1ac9167ace03ab4cae97d12ff0f881.jpeg

This isn’t an overly dangerous position. Bruno and Isak should break the attack. 

image.thumb.jpeg.39be0fdff0e8e202ea033a21a5e48ccd.jpeg

this is dangerous due to some awful play from Bruno and Isak 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

He’s not someone who can tuck in and cover at centre half though, is he?

NB I wouldn’t pick Burn ahead of Livramento either.  But I also wouldn’t allow Schar to think he’s fucking Beckenbauer, and I would tell the dozy sod to stay in shape / formation. 

Probably, never seen him try it but I bet he's better than most.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

This isn’t an overly dangerous position. Bruno and Isak should break the attack. 

I’m happy to hold Bruno and Isak to account for not doing what Milan would have done - a professional foul.

But Milan had FOUR forwards on at that point.  A draw meant they were out of Europe entirely - what Schar did was take a wholly unnecessary risk and we paid for it

15 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Similar to Trippier against Forest. Could easily have just taken the yellow card against MGW

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

Doesn't help him much when players twice as fast are running at him with clear space to goal in behind him.

Wouldn't say I particularly helps him win headers either. Nkunku out jumped him last week 

22 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Who is more likely to cause problems in the opposition area - Bruno or Schar?

Think it's very close, Bruno has a bit better passing but Schär shoots a lot better and has the element of surprise. Personally I wouldn't blame him when we concede after his runs forward unless he stupidly loses the ball on the halfway line, someone simply has to cover his position.

Edited by Pata

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Was just thinking the same.

Seems daft but we must have plans to replace him and Lascelles, personally I would keep both and sign a new top class partner for Botman 

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Lascelles linked with Besiktas this morning. 

I thought their new chairman was giving up on foreign imports 

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

Seems daft but we must have plans to replace him and Lascelles, personally I would keep both and sign a new top class partner for Botman 

Can see it being announced in the coming weeks.