The Magpie Group

Heron

If there's less than 500 people there it's been a complete flop IMO.

If there's 500 people it'll block the bottom of Northumberland St. :lol: Anything over 100 and it'll look like a significant amount.

I just mean compared to the amount of fans who'll be showing up to see the game. If we can't get a return of 1 fan out of every 100 to show up it'll look like a bit of a waste of time. Just over 100 isn't going to look like much and I wouldn't expect it to get any attention at all.

I would say there's a reasonable chance that people with an online presence might be worried that things go a bit too far on Saturday and don't want to be seen to be actively encouraging an action against SD rather than just protesting at NUFC.

Totally get this, but it's a given you're going to get knackers and the individual/group(s) who is promoting this can simply outline how they want the protest to go down and issue a strict warning that troublemakers aren't welcome, it isn't helpful to the cause etc. etc. just to distance themselves from anything that may happen. If it does and one idiot goes to far, it doesn't actually do any harm in getting more attention to the cause.

I detest West Ham and their fans but what they did worked, even just for the short term. We really can't afford the chance we have with Rafa right now slip by and the time to sit on our hands and hope for the best unfortunately is gone. He will never sell unless we force the issue.

Guest firetotheworks

If there's 500 people it'll block the bottom of Northumberland St. :lol: Anything over 100 and it'll look like a significant amount.

I just mean compared to the amount of fans who'll be showing up to see the game. If we can't get a return of 1 fan out of every 100 to show up it'll look like a bit of a waste of time. Just over 100 isn't going to look like much and I wouldn't expect it to get any attention at all.

:thup: I get you.

This is what 500 people will look like though. It would be class, but it's probably unrealistic.

http://www.gkstill.com/_Media/500-3_med.png

I won't be there as I'm in exile in the South East but I was at the last protest outside of SD before the show Ashley the red card protest IIRC (hopefully it's better weather this time :lol:). Best of luck to anyone from here who is attending, your efforts are very much appreciated. :clap:

Surely the only tally that counts is the yes number anyway?

:thup:

Unfortunately we're lacking the technology to limit the poll by location, and people are cunts so they'd vote regardless :lol:

:thup: I get you.

This is what 500 people will look like though. It would be class, but it's probably unrealistic.

http://www.gkstill.com/_Media/500-3_med.png

Difficult to even use that to scale tbh, I would just hope adding to that the amount of fans out in town on the drink would hopefully add to this too. I honestly think if this was pushed a lot heavier that 500+ would be easily achievable.

A major issue is that nobody actually knows what's happening at the protest, hopefully this gets ironed out in the next day or two and details can be made readily available.

Currently it's like asking people to turn up at Sports Direct to do something, which isn't an easy share for media outlets / .com

It definitley needs advertising more. The fb page only has about 80 responses. I have asked .com to publish it but I don't hold any hope. Feels good to at least try and get things going though. Hopefully these get bigger week on week

Between the ashelyout and ifrafagoeswego twitter pages it has near 1500 likes and retweets, at least

Word of mouth on the day will be a big thing too, a lot of people will already be in town anyway "might as well go along and see what it's about" etc. Might even hear it and go along.

Reckon the turnout will be very good, myself

It definitley needs advertising more. The fb page only has about 80 responses. I have asked .com to publish it but I don't hold any hope. Feels good to at least try and get things going though. Hopefully these get bigger week on week

between the ashelyout and ifrafagoeswego twitter pages it has near 1500 likes and retweets, at least

Good to hear. If a club like Newcastle with 52,000 crowds and supposedly one of the most passionate supports around can't muster up 2/3k a week to protest against a man blatantly killing the club for a few months then we must deserve him.

My mate i go up with is the perfect example he says he hates Ashley but nothing can be done, he just likes going to the match and loves the day out in Newcastle. I'm oppionated and get a bit excited and passionate about things in general.  He's just so placid to it all and I think the main issue is we will have 25k plus others like him who can't be chewed.

1413051760276_wps_3_Rangers_fans_outside_the_.jpg

For all the praise Rangers fans have gotten for their protesting, the number of people involved in the heavily publicised Sports Direct "£1" protest was only around 100.

If we manage that (or more) it's a good start.

Guest firetotheworks

It's the Liverpool protests I think of that were the best. Sure they were a few thousand marching pre match?

Liverpool has probably had more reason to protest than most over the years, so that number wouldn't surprise me.

It's the Liverpool protests I think of that were the best. Sure they were a few thousand marching pre match?

Liverpool has probably had more reason to protest than most over the years, so that number wouldn't surprise me.

It was around 2007 I think under Rafa? I don't know what they were protesting about and I'm sure they were doing well at the time but they had mass protests. Liverpool and Newcastle often get compared as fan bases and cities. If they can do that then surely we can at least match it when we really do have something to protest about

Guest firetotheworks

It was around 2007 I think under Rafa? I don't know what they were protesting about and I'm sure they were doing well at the time but they had mass protests. Liverpool and Newcastle often get compared as fan bases and cities. If they can do that then surely we can at least match it when we really do have something to protest about

Gillette and Hicks. What I mean is, they'll probably have pulled on the same resources as they'd had for the Dockers and Hillsborough marches and protesting will be more familiar to them.

Just text my mate who has a season ticket saying are you coming to the protest?

His reply " na I'm with me dad and we are going on the drink"

That's what we are up against. I'm trying to explain it's near the gate anyway and will take 10/15 mins. If he won't go fuck him, I don't want to be going on matchdays with people like that

A major issue is that nobody actually knows what's happening at the protest, hopefully this gets ironed out in the next day or two and details can be made readily available.

Currently it's like asking people to turn up at Sports Direct to do something, which isn't an easy share for media outlets / .com

A bigger issue is that it's 12.30 KO meaning people won't want to waste valuable pre match drinking time.