The Magpie Group

Heron

.com not mentioning the protest yet, are they tied to the club in any way?

Just came on here to make that point.

what gives with these two?

they been given limited access/inside info as long as they say nowt too controversial?

the influence of nufc.com has definitley reduced over recent years - they were at one time the go to site.

now just an income stream - may be advertisers would pull out if too radgy.

#sellouts.

the lads at nufc.com are both cracking and have helped me out many a time in the past

i think that you have to appreciate that they may not have a for or against view on the protest etc and what is occurring Saturday morning.

if you ask them to mention it then they might put it up on the site

they been given limited access/inside info as long as they say nowt too controversial?

the influence of nufc.com has definitley reduced over recent years - they were at one time the go to site.

#sellouts.

the lads at nufc.com are both cracking and have helped me out many a time in the past

i think that you have to appreciate that they may not have a for or against view on the protest etc and what is occurring Saturday morning.

It should absolutely be up on the site, unless they are happy with Ashley. They have a great platform yet have hardly gave Ashley any negative coverage over the years. Bastards

#sellouts.

It should absolutely be up on the site, unless they are happy with Ashley. They have a great platform yet have hardly gave Ashley any negative coverage over the years. Bastards

have they gave him any positive coverage?

#sellouts.

We obviously don't know that, but I have no idea why we should appreciate that, if it was the case.

#sellouts.

Whether the lack of conviction and confidence that seemed worryingly evident in pre-season has cleared by Saturday remains to be seen, but we remain very concerned as to our immediate future.

What may be construed as panic buys (or loans) in the coming days could enormously shape our season - a typically amateurish situation created by NUFC.

Looking in from the outside, there's a touch of the uncertainty and lack of leadership from the club that characterised that immediate post-Shearer era, while Rafa's current demeanour echoes that Kevin Keegan in 2008, as the rug was steadily and deliberately pulled out from under him.

These are worrying and uncertain times. As usual.

The relationship - or lack of it - between Benitez and his employers is becoming increasingly fractured, his barely-disguised contempt for them now evident over their deliberate attempt to undermine him in the transfer market following the breakdown of contract extension negotiations.

Slagging people off because you can't read a website properly  :idiot2:

2 so called big Newcastle fans running the most popular Newcastle website, the protest should be at the top of the page all week and encouraging as many people as possible to go.

The club is being strangled to death and there's not a word about the protest. They should be organising and fronting protests or at the very least supporting and publicising them.

They are just happy to be happy clappers and have another season of shite whilst Ashley's fat hands are round the clubs neck. Absolutely infuriates me that cunt I can genuinely say I have never hated anybody more.

Makes me even more angry that people don't even realise and come Saturday 40,000 plus will be blissfully unaware and trudging up to support the team not the regime then slope off in silence

There should and needs to be 10,000 plus marching outside the ground from 1215. Surely it could be arranged to start from Chinatown or leazes park or somewhere surely!? That would get picked up and make national news, then if people have to go to the match then go in 15 mins late showing 10,00 plus empty seats on telly. That's the thing that would get attention and cause a stir. What have we got to lose? All it is is half hour of people time and miss 10/15 mins of the match.

Surely people could sacrifice that. I feel that strongly I would love to arrange it myself If I had the platform to do it

.com will mention protests, if people ask them. Could argue as well that Niall and Biffa have served their time when it comes to getting personally involved with stuff and they may now feel it's up to others to lead (IMO)

Some of us older users (myself included) will remember the days of 'Sack the Board' during the late 80's/early 90's. I was involved in a sit down protest or two back then. Other users such as Merlin were actually involved with The Magpie Group and Sir John Hall back then, trying to hoover up shares for the eventual takeover.

As you can tell I am riled by this, rather than vent on here what is the best thing I can do. Surely someone must be able to start a mass march before home games like Liverpool fans did.

The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is direct your anger (in a peaceful way) towards Sports Direct and the other companies Ashley is involved in (including Keith Bishop Associates). It's working... slowly, but it's working.

2 so called big Newcastle fans running the most popular Newcastle website, the protest should be at the top of the page all week and encouraging as many people as possible to go.

Do agree with this mind. There needs to be a huge collective and united effort from all groups affiliated with NUFC whether officially or not to finally get rid of this parasite.

True Faith, the Mag, NUFC.com etc. I know they've bandied under 'The Magpie Group' and we've yet to see the effect but the word needs spread a lot more strong and there actively needs to be pieces coming out from well-known and respected figures with plenty of coverage really driving to the masses why protesting is not a waste of time and why this is the time to step up and IMO this isn't being pushed quite hard enough to really drive the success we need.

I know this is just a forum and I don't know if there's any other reasons besides that why we wouldn't get involved, but I recall RAWK using their forum and platform to help with the Hicks/Gillette protests. If all other groups were both individually (through their own websites/mags) and collectively (as part of The Magpie Group) really pushing the protests, I'm not sure of a reason why there wouldn't be a public show of support so all users and guests could see e.g. a new anti-Ashley banner but is it worth it while other admittedly bigger websites with bigger followings don't appear to be doing this?

I was going up to watch it in a bar then decided not too as I have no feelings at the moment for any on the pitch stuff, I'm hoping once it starts the old spark will be there enough to at least enjoy watching and supporting us on tv. However since I seen this protest I am going to go up for it and then find a bar after for the match.

Hopefully it is a big turn out! What do people reckon rough numbers wise or what it will involve? Needs to generate decent coverage to be a success

Definitely. I am the first to admit I can come across a bit much and can rant away on some things even though I'm not right but I'm 110% sure on this. There is a lot of people and groups in good positions to really make things happen but who at the moment aren't doing anything or not enough.

I'm worried the window will shut and most this will be forgotten about and die down and everyone meekly settled in for the start of another decade of Ashley. Too many are apathetic and still don't get it. The message needs spreading as far as possible.

Guest Open_C

I would say there's a reasonable chance that people with an online presence might be worried that things go a bit too far on Saturday and don't want to be seen to be actively encouraging an action against SD rather than just protesting at NUFC.

I'll be there, like, for the photo potential as much as anything else. Love a good protest :)

Guest firetotheworks

If there's less than 500 people there it's been a complete flop IMO.

If there's 500 people it'll block the bottom of Northumberland St. :lol: Anything over 100 and it'll look like a significant amount.