Newcastle United 1-2 Arsenal - 15/09/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12ish

Greg

Overreaction central in here like. We were the better team in the first half, now we concede two and we're going down and the line-up was wrong/negative.

Honestly man, some people need to get hold of themselves, we'll be okay. We've had the hardest start to a season I can remember and honestly haven't played that bad.

Overraction give over man will you when you don't put out your strongest team against one of the better teams you deserve exactly what you get and he still isn't making any changes

Nonsense, this was likely the strongest team we had available (fit) to start the game today, and we were very good in the first half which was reflected in the comments in here. Now everyone is back-peddling because Arsenal have came out and shown their superior quality. Short-sighted af.

Bollcoks was it why are they on the bench then and still why isn't he bringing them on -  he's got it massively wrong today

Because they might only be fit enough to play for 20-30 mins? what should he do,not name subs?

Yeah right ok

What should he do then? You're so sure he got it wrong. Enlighten me

Your point been proving wrong for a start as he hasn't brought the players on but if they are fit enough to be on the bench they should be fit enough to play the majority of the game otherwise why have then on the bench. Fit enough to play 20 minutes give your head a shake man.

What? You don't think it possible that players can be not fit enough top play a full 90 mins? What are you on about? And if they aren't fit enough at all then you want him to name an empty bench. Give your head a shake.

If you're only fit enough to be playing 20 minutes as you said then you shouldn't be on the bench. A player might not last the full 90 due to match fitness but any player available should be able to play the majority of the game.

Overreaction central in here like. We were the better team in the first half, now we concede two and we're going down and the line-up was wrong/negative.

Honestly man, some people need to get hold of themselves, we'll be okay. We've had the hardest start to a season I can remember and honestly haven't played that bad.

I had this one down as a win. Do I have your permission to be pissed off?

You don't need my permission for anything, I'm simply making a comment regarding the huge overreactions in here - an accurate comment I would add.

I'm simply making a comment too.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say in your comments. I had a point, you're just being pedantic. Do you disagree with my initial statement, if so why?

I disagree with your assertion that people complaining need to grab hold of themselves because they're pissed off over the match.

My comment was that it's an overreaction to go from thinking we were the better team in the first half (and were), to we're going down after 2 goals have been conceded and the selection was wrong. That absolutely is an overreaction, and those people would benefit from getting hold of themselves. Which is all my point was, but equally I appreciate that you don't see it that way and view the reaction as justified.

Have we created one decent chance today? Against a side who’ve been absolutely shite defensively this season

With what? For who? Kenedy is the only decent winger we've got and he wasn't starting. Rondon is the only decent(ish) striker we've got and he was on the bench as well.

Cardiff scored two goals against them ffs

I disagree with your assertion that people complaining need to grab hold of themselves because they're pissed off over the match.

i think the ones specifically complaining about rafa need to fucking pull themselves together...

SUBS, PUT SUBS ON FFS etc.

jesus

I love Rafa as much as anyone, and am 100% behind him, however that backing doesn't mean I'm not able to criticise things he does that I don't particularly agree with.

big picture small picture really, we'd not be in this state if he hadn't been fucked over

imo once the 2nd went in he's wrote the game off and decided to keep his only 2 decent attacking options for games we stand a better chance of winning

but yeah subs

Rafa looks resigned, like.

I'd have no complaints if he decided to walk at any point this year.  It's only really his honor to us lot - and maybe a tiny hope of new owners - that is keeping him here.  He doesn't have to put himself through this shit every week.

i think the ones specifically complaining about rafa need to fucking pull themselves together...

jesus

Agreed, its actually hilarious tbh.

You don't need my permission for anything, I'm simply making a comment regarding the huge overreactions in here - an accurate comment I would add.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say in your comments. I had a point, you're just being pedantic. Do you disagree with my initial statement, if so why?

My comment was that it's an overreaction to go from thinking we were the better team in the first half (and were), to we're going down after 2 goals have been conceded and the selection was wrong. That absolutely is an overreaction, and those people would benefit from getting hold of themselves. Which is all my point was, but equally I appreciate that you don't see it that way and view the reaction as justified.

I don’t think we were the better team in the first half. It was pretty even but they had created a few good openings which they fucked up while we’d created nothing really

I just think there's been a bit of a "let's get through the first games", mentality from the start. Combined with back luck with injuries and a negative atmosphere around the club it's a sorry state of affairs.

However, you have to take into consideration that Lascelles, Lejeune, Shelvey, Rondon, Richie and Yedlin have all missed chunks of these games.

Time to press the reset button.

jesus

I love Rafa as much as anyone, and am 100% behind him, however that backing doesn't mean I'm not able to criticise things he does that I don't particularly agree with.

big picture small picture really, we'd not be in this state if he hadn't been fucked over

imo once the 2nd went in he's wrote the game off and decided to keep his only 2 decent attacking options for games we stand a better chance of winning

but yeah subs

Well obviously I agree with your first point, but incidentally my criticism was that he should have made a change before the second went in, since it was unbelievably obvious we was about to concede again. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing that out.

jesus

You need to put subs on to change a game no ?

He used them badly this game, he gets stick, he uses them well he gets praise...for you to say people should pull themselves together, for making comments that will always be made on games is so fucking woeful really.

Exactly right he's not a god and he has certainly got it massively wrong today. Every manager is open to criticism if they get it wrong.

I don’t think we were the better team in the first half. It was pretty even but they had created a few good openings which they fucked up while we’d created nothing really

I thought we looked the better team in the first half. Even if just due to the fact Arsenal were poor, we were the team on the front foot getting the ball into the box and winning dangerous set pieces.