Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/09/18 - Post-match from page 14

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Happy with that tbh. Defended very well, limited an attacking team to hardly anything, and did it after a very difficult run where we very rarely had the ball. Rot stopped, solid performance, now we just need to start putting things together to increase our possession and crucially, what we do with our possession.

I think we'd be doing that already if we were capable of doing it. The players are either too shite/thick to carry it out, or our formation makes it impossible for this level of footballer.

I think there are certain games where we're certainly capable of doing things with the possession we have. I'd argue that if we weren't we wouldn't be in this league.

We need to win at some point though. I get it a decent point, but we'll go down if we don't start winning games

we still have the likely bottom 12 to play at home and 10 of them away from home, we will be areet.

You can't say that for certain.  Teams around us from last season have improved and it was our results at home to man utd, Chelsea and arsenal that actually gave us the gap we had to the bottom 3, we've lost to those at home already.

about the likely 12 or my belief we will get the points against them?

Guest firetotheworks

Palace aren't an attacking team, they've only scored 4 goals this season.  They play a conservative game.

I don't think one negates the other, they still play down the wings with fast, over and underlapping full backs.

Happy with that tbh. Defended very well, limited an attacking team to hardly anything, and did it after a very difficult run where we very rarely had the ball. Rot stopped, solid performance, now we just need to start putting things together to increase our possession and crucially, what we do with our possession.

I think we'd be doing that already if we were capable of doing it. The players are either too shite/thick to carry it out, or our formation makes it impossible for this level of footballer.

I think there are certain games where we're certainly capable of doing things with the possession we have. I'd argue that if we weren't we wouldn't be in this league.

I think we lack the pace to hit teams with the long ball effectively, and don't have enough technique to play the ball out with short passing. We are in this league because we are well organised defensively and that is a big plus. I still don't see anything as an attacking force though based on our games so far. We've looked absolutely toothless.

i said before the game the season starts here and the bare result gives us an away point  O0

so decent start, the zip is missing and from the performances so far this season as well as the quality, the team looks scared to go on the front foot, or maybe we are just shit and will go down.

can't work it out  :lol:

Combination of new players finding their feet, very hard fixtures to start with, playing a high quality of opponent so time on the ball is limited, difficult to gain confidence due to time on the ball and results again due to opposition, unfortunate finish to game against Cardiff for one of our best players etc etc

It makes sense that we would not start this season flying. We have no reason to have momentum yet.

Guest firetotheworks

I think we lack the pace to hit teams with the long ball effectively, and don't have enough technique to play the ball out with short passing. We are in this league because we are well organised defensively and that is a big plus. I still don't see anything as an attacking force though based on our games so far. We've looked absolutely toothless.

You need more than just being organised defensively to stay in the league. There will be games, even if it's just a handful, where we'll be able to do more. Getting Perez to not play badly is going to be key though imo.

The amount of morons I'm reading who are all slagging Rafa off whilst there's barely any comments about Ashley.

God we are f***ed if our own fans can't even see the obvious

Either you are blind or the people you associate with are all thick as fuck.

The amount of morons I'm reading who are all slagging Rafa off whilst there's barely any comments about Ashley.

All over Facebook all I'm reading on newcastle pages is people digging at Rafa whilst there's barely any anti Ashley stuff

Unbelievable man

Guest firetotheworks

Can’t believe i’m even posting this, but surely Gayle is a better option than rondon?

Based on his 6 goals in 35 appearances vs Rondon's 0 in 4?

All over Facebook all I'm reading on newcastle pages is people digging at Rafa whilst there's barely any anti Ashley stuff

Unbelievable man

Facebook... that says it all, don't go on Facebook for a balanced fans view on football ffs

Can’t believe i’m even posting this, but surely Gayle is a better option than rondon?

Can't believe you are posting this either considering you spent all last season slating Gayle. :lol:

I want the rondon tactic to work but when it doesn’t it’s exactly the same tactic with Joselu