Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 22/09/18 - Post-match from page 14

BlueStar

We need to win at some point though. I get it a decent point, but we'll go down if we don't start winning games

we still have the likely bottom 12 to play at home and 10 of them away from home, we will be areet.

Suppose so, it's just depressing. And we got pretty lucky with the Sakho miss

It's turgid, but we'll be fine. Sick of the fact it can't be much more.

Guest neesy111

We need to win at some point though. I get it a decent point, but we'll go down if we don't start winning games

we still have the likely bottom 12 to play at home and 10 of them away from home, we will be areet.

You can't say that for certain.  Teams around us from last season have improved and it was our results at home to man utd, Chelsea and arsenal that actually gave us the gap we had to the bottom 3, we've lost to those at home already.

Guest firetotheworks

Happy with that tbh. Defended very well, limited an attacking team to hardly anything, and did it after a very difficult run where we very rarely had the ball. Rot stopped, solid performance, now we just need to start putting things together to increase our possession and crucially, what we do with our possession.

Burnley tanking Bournemouth now, 4-0. Couldn’t see us pulling off a result like that in a month of Sunday’s atm.

That will be because I recruited 2 Bournemouth players in my fantasy team this morning  :blush:

Decent point on the road, Palace can be a good side and we defended well, especially Fernandez who looks the part.

The commentator on the feed I was watching was a mug like, broken record babbling on about how Rafa has 'shackled' his players and that he feels sorry for them. Load of rubbish.

Good to see Jonjo back on the pitch, hopefully we build from here.

My favourite bit is where Tony Gale thinks he knows better than Rafa Benitez. :lol:

Just from the last 3 mins.

"Surely has to go for it and send up the big centre backs for this corner, has to."

- has sent up the cbs for every corner all game.

"This (Newcastle scoring) would be the steal of the century here"

- says all our players are shackled and not allowed to attack.

- tells us that muto must be acting against instruction as he is past the half way line.

Full on cunt mode.

Guest firetotheworks

Zaha trying to get Kenedy sent off.

:lol: You fucking hate Zaha like.

Ill admit I really hate Zaha...diving, strutting, moaning constantly  :lol:

He's easy to hate when you're watching him against your owen team, but I really like him when he's playing against anyone else. I don't think the diving thing is anywhere near as bad as it used to be either.

Happy with that tbh. Defended very well, limited an attacking team to hardly anything, and did it after a very difficult run where we very rarely had the ball. Rot stopped, solid performance, now we just need to start putting things together to increase our possession and crucially, what we do with our possession.

I wouldnt say I was happy, but I agree with what you're saying.

:thup:

Point away from home against Palace is only a good result.

Rafa is a pragmatic guy, you can see we set out for the point from the get go. He will see the fixtures individually and not get caught up in the "NEWCASTLECANTWINGAMESagainstthetopfour" nonsense.

The media builds stories where they can as that's what creates the drama. If you're sensible you'll see there is no drama atall. Only poor result so far is Cardiff & even that was OK.

Perfect example for Ashley to see why we need investment. Rafa can grind out results,give him some money and he will turn draws into wins.

Tony Gayle mumbling on about Shelvey being shackled and not being allowed to play his passing game  :idiot2:  :lol:

I think we'd be doing that already if we were capable of doing it. The players are either too shite/thick to carry it out, or our formation makes it impossible for this level of footballer.

I wouldnt say I was happy, but I agree with what you're saying.

Likewise.

i said before the game the season starts here and the bare result gives us an away point  O0

so decent start, the zip is missing and from the performances so far this season as well as the quality, the team looks scared to go on the front foot, or maybe we are just shit and will go down.

can't work it out  :lol: