Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

That actually doesn't prove anything mind.

How is that? Look this sort of thing is weird, Rafa will make mistakes

Fair enough and yes, every great manager’s resume is littered with bad transfer mistakes, but having money to spend means you get it right more than you get it wrong. Unfortunately under Ashley you’re working with peanuts so when you make a mistake it shines bright.

Someone tell me Joselu is any way better than Mitro, system or no system

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

His hold up play today has been worse than anything Mitro produced.

In all of their other matches while at Newcastle, Joselu's has been better.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

Disagree it was obvious from day one that Benitez had a problem with Mitrovic. Don't know how anybody could rate Joselu mind - the bloke is just totally shocking

Guest firetotheworks

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

He could when he was given a chance.

No he couldn't though. 6 in 29 in 16/17 and 2 in 7 in 17/18. 16/17 is pretty damning and 17/18 is inconclusive, but leaving him out was vindicated with where we finished.

Am i? Or am i saying we don't know who his number one target was and we can be sure Rafa expectations of Ashley are even less than ours which has caused him to reassess targets.

In fact has he not spoken on several occasions about not buying players who can fit his system because we don't have the resources to get them?

Guest firetotheworks

Disagree it was obvious from day one that Benitez had a problem with Mitrovic. Don't know how anybody could rate Joselu mind - the bloke is just totally shocking

Eh? Saying that Mitrovic didn't and wouldn't work in this Newcastle team - something that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said themselves - isn't the same as rating Joselu.