Newcastle United 0-2 Leicester City - 29/09/18 - post match reaction from page16

Greg

Guest reefatoon

Someone tell me Joselu is any way better than Mitro, system or no system

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

His hold up play today has been worse than anything Mitro produced.

In all of their other matches while at Newcastle, Joselu's has been better.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

Disagree it was obvious from day one that Benitez had a problem with Mitrovic. Don't know how anybody could rate Joselu mind - the bloke is just totally shocking

Eh? Saying that Mitrovic didn't and wouldn't work in this Newcastle team - something that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said themselves - isn't the same as rating Joselu.

To be fair, Joselu works even less in this set up because he is absolutely fucking awful as a footballer.

Guest firetotheworks

Of course he will buy turkeys all managers do. I've got no problem accepting that, do you?

Absolutely not, but your doing mental gymnastics to prove that Rondon wasn't his no1 target.

Wonder why we went for Plea first if that's the case.

Okay. Joselu is better at pressing and holding it up in this system. Mitrovic will tell you the same thing.

He certian;y hasn't mind the bloke is tter rubbish. He can't run, he can't link play, he can't control the ball and he certainly is not very good at putting the bal into the back of the net either.

Nor could Mitro while he was in this team. If we had a team in any way similar to Fulham's I'd possibly agree, but they're chalk and cheese.

Oh please. You can set whatever premise you want. Mitrovic is so much better than Joselu in every sense. He'd show it more here too with real backing from the manager and some confidence.

Guest firetotheworks

Disagree it was obvious from day one that Benitez had a problem with Mitrovic. Don't know how anybody could rate Joselu mind - the bloke is just totally shocking

Eh? Saying that Mitrovic didn't and wouldn't work in this Newcastle team - something that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said themselves - isn't the same as rating Joselu.

To be fair, Joselu works even less in this set up because he is absolutely fucking awful as a footballer.

Disagree in terms of his hold up play and pressing vs Mitrovic's.

The point being he has to cut his cloth in accordance to the rags he's given.

The players who wanted to be here who he sold were better than the dross that he’s brought in to replace them with.

We had a better squad in the championship than we do now.

I’m not turning on Rafa but to suggest that he’s not at all responsible is mental.

Guest reefatoon

I’m actually amazed how relaxed I feel about this. It’s like I’ve stopped even caring. My fantasy league team is my new club to follow.

Totally agree with you. Don’t get bothered at all now. The whole lot of it is absolutely lifting and not worth the stress.

Disagree in terms of his hold up play and pressing vs Mitrovic's.

Should play an extra midfielder and no striker tbh

And Joselu doesn't do it either and that's the point I'm making but Mitrovic for sure offers better control, link up play and goals - even during his time here. Letting Gayle and Mitrovic go and having Rondon and Joselu as his preferred options was the wrong call.

Guest firetotheworks

Oh please. You can set whatever premise you want. Mitrovic is so much better than Joselu in every sense. He'd show it more here too with real backing from the manager and some confidence.

Fair enough if that's your opinion, just as long as you realise that both Rafa and Mitrovic have said exactly the same themselves.

Of course he will buy turkeys all managers do. I've got no problem accepting that, do you?

Absolutely not, but your doing mental gymnastics to prove that Rondon wasn't his no1 target.

Plea has 7 goals already this season in the league and cup. Doubt Rondon will get that over the season.

Guest firetotheworks

And Joselu doesn't do it either and that's the point I'm making but Mitrovic for sure offers better control, link up play and goals - even during his time here. Letting Gayle and Mitrovic go and having Rondon and Joselu as his preferred options was the wrong call.

If you believe that, that's fair enough, but as far as I can tell Mitrovic's Fulham form is affecting the perception of his time here, in a team set up to not get the best out of him - in my opinion justifiably so, but I can see why others would disagree.

Plea didn't want to come if you believe his own chairman who said they done a worse deal with Borussia so they could allow him to go there. After that it was Rondon.

Guest firetotheworks

Plea didn't want to come if you believe his own chairman who said they done a worse deal with Borussia so they could allow him to go there. After that it was Rondon.

So Plea was his number 1 target then.

If you believe that, that's fair enough, but as far as I can tell Mitrovic's Fulham form is affecting the perception of his time here, in a team set up to not get the best out of him - in my opinion justifiably so, but I can see why others would disagree.

Yeah I disagree totally but as you say different opinions