Newcastle United 0-1 Brighton & Hove Albion - 20/10/2018 - post match moans p17

Greg

shocked at the lack of anti-ashley chants.

when a few did start towards the end of the game - "stand up if you hate ashley" -  we got fans around us saying "he knows you do, now sit down and get behind the team".

i was more pissed off at that than the shite on the pitch.

:lol: :lol: "How man, ya puttin iz off grumblin' at aawa hit passes!"

when a few did start towards the end of the game - "stand up if you ashley" -  we got fans around us saying "he knows you do, now sit down and get behind the team".

i was more p*ssed off at that than the s**** on the pitch.

f***ing wow

Not even surprised, that is the SJP crowd of today.

Last season i think it was Watford home, i started singing "we want Ashley out", no one joined in and a few people even started chuckling at me.

It's sad.

It's ironic that folk tell other supporters to sit down and support the team when the anti-Ashley chants start. My question is - where is this mythical support of the team at St James, of recent? :???:

That's what I don't get, most of them just sit there mute anyway. :lol:

when a few did start towards the end of the game - "stand up if you ashley" -  we got fans around us saying "he knows you do, now sit down and get behind the team".

f***ing wow

Last season i think it was Watford home, i started singing "we want Ashley out", no one joined in and a few people even started chuckling at me.

It's sad.

Today when the chants started we were still in the game and attacking at least until the final pass or shot so it never really  got going. If we'd gone 2 down I  think the crowd would have turned.

Well that was terrible, I was talking to some Brighton fans walking back to the car and they agreed that both teams will be looking at 17th this season, they did say that if Shelvey was in their team he makes them mid table

f***ing wow

It's sad.

Today when the chants started we were still in the game and attacking at least until the final pass or shot so it never really  got going. If we'd gone 2 down I  think the crowd would have turned.

I don't.

Guest Howaythetoon

Dominated the match but really failed to apply the necessary pressure towards the end of the game. Brighton remaining fairly comfortable. Don't like to read some of the hate for our players in here mind, not sure we should be blaming Perez when it's those upstairs who failed to bring in someone to challenge his position.

All in all, we didn't look like a bad team today, just a one really struggling for confidence. It will come.

We have low confidence because we know we have powder puff strikers. We can dominate games until the sky falls in, we're not scoring with strikers who can't shoot for shit.

I think that's unfair on Muto and indeed Rondon. Perez maybe so, his shooting can be poor - but even Perez I believe will improve. Confidence & mentality are a huge part of football, we just need a bit of luck to go our way and players will begin to step up and put in the types of performances we witnessed last season. Perez, Shelvey, Kenedy & the likes were excellent for us and I will remain optimistic that they can be important for our survival this season. It won't be easy but we have it in us - just need to keep together & work hard, something this team does every single week.

Do you watch these games after a couple of spliffs?

No, I'm not HTT.

Strange as he talks sense. :safetywink:

Oh really  :lol: The very person hoping for a Brighton win for 'Chirssy Hughton' despite being a Newcastle fan. Aye, all the sense in the world  :lol:

This is not my club anymore. I have decided I will no longer be supporting it in any form whatsoever while Mike Ashley owns it. Rafa or no Rafa. If he sells up, maybe I will one day care enough again and support it, but the damage done to me personally when it comes to my relationship with the club, has been too great I feel nothing will make me feel the way I used to feel when it come to NUFC.

Today I feel nothing. A win doesn’t make me happy and a loss doesn’t upset me. In fact I get more pleasure from a twisted point of view when we do lose because I want the owner and all those that legitimise his ownership to suffer.

I admire and respect the older generation who continue to go and those who take their kids, but I don’t get and never will get tens of thousands of grown men and women happily handing over their hard earned money on season tickets, new strips, merchandise and other stuff in return for a Mike Ashley/Sports Direct NUFC.

It’s those support the team not the regime happy clappers who have made supporting this club and especially going to games a misery for me as much as Ashley’s ownership has or Pardew’s time did.

I don’t want to be a part of that or have anything in common with those fans. I look at our magnificent history and think back to the KK era or Sir Bobby days and think about some of the players who have along with those two and countless others helped create that great history, and I fucking want to cry.

That’s the Newcastle United I love and will help fight for by supporting anyone who fights or challenges the Ashley regime be it individuals or groups like The Magpie Group or AshleyOut so that club can return, if not for me, for those that deserve better.

The vast majority at SJP deserve Mike Ashley and what’s happening and will keep happening while he’s the owner, somlong as they stand by and do fuck all about it and actually help fund it.

Not this skinny guinea.

Crash and burn mothrfuckers.

Dominated the match but really failed to apply the necessary pressure towards the end of the game. Brighton remaining fairly comfortable. Don't like to read some of the hate for our players in here mind, not sure we should be blaming Perez when it's those upstairs who failed to bring in someone to challenge his position.

All in all, we didn't look like a bad team today, just a one really struggling for confidence. It will come.

We have low confidence because we know we have powder puff strikers. We can dominate games until the sky falls in, we're not scoring with strikers who can't shoot for shit.

I think that's unfair on Muto and indeed Rondon. Perez maybe so, his shooting can be poor - but even Perez I believe will improve. Confidence & mentality are a huge part of football, we just need a bit of luck to go our way and players will begin to step up and put in the types of performances we witnessed last season. Perez, Shelvey, Kenedy & the likes were excellent for us and I will remain optimistic that they can be important for our survival this season. It won't be easy but we have it in us - just need to keep together & work hard, something this team does every single week.

No, I'm not HTT.

Oh really  :lol: The very person hoping for a Brighton win for 'Chirssy Hughton' despite being a Newcastle fan. Aye, all the sense in the world  :lol:

This is not my club anymore. I have decided I will no longer be supporting it in any form whatsoever while Mike Ashley owns it. Rafa or no Rafa. If he sells up, maybe I will one day care enough again and support it, but the damage done to me personally when it comes to my relationship with the club, has been too great I feel nothing will make me feel the way I used to feel when it come to NUFC.

Today I feel nothing. A win doesn’t make me happy and a loss doesn’t upset me. In fact I get more pleasure from a twisted point of view when we do lose because I want the owner and all those that legitimise his ownership to suffer.

I admire and respect the older generation who continue to go and those who take their kids, but I don’t get and never will get tens of thousands of grown men and women happily handing over their hard earned money on season tickets, new strips, merchandise and other stuff in return for a Mike Ashley/Sports Direct NUFC.

It’s those support the team not the regime happy clappers who have made supporting this club and especially going to games a misery for me as much as Ashley’s ownership has or Pardew’s time did.

I don’t want to be a part of that or have anything in common with those fans. I look at our magnificent history and think back to the KK era or Sir Bobby days and think about some of the players who have along with those two and countless others helped create that great history, and I fucking want to cry.

That’s the Newcastle United I love and will help fight for by supporting anyone who fights or challenges the Ashley regime be it individuals or groups like The Magpie Group or AshleyOut so that club can return, if not for me, for those that deserve better.

The vast majority at SJP deserve Mike Ashley and what’s happening and will keep happening while he’s the owner, somlong as they stand by and do fuck all about it and actually help fund it.

Not this skinny guinea.

Spot on. Seconded

Was Pilko one of the paramedics that came onto the pitch?

:lol: :lol: :lol: they could have added something to our attack in fairness to them.

I don't wish Murray any specific harm but I'm completely not arsed, he's a dirty cheat who cons his way to penalties on the reg.

The good news is Ashley will lose £250m off the asking price when we go down.  It will serve the greedy barsteward right especially if we don't come straight back up.  He could have £250m in his back pocket but now he'll be lucky to get £100m.

This post brought to you by the year 2009.

Our poor finishing and inability to score a goal meant we didn’t win. The referee being a cunt meant we lost.

If we are staring down the barrel of a shotgun, then Ashley is the holding it.

Everything is bad forever.

just burn the fucking place down, we huffed n puffed against a useless Brighton, fuck knows what that makes us  :undecided:

the crowd were rotten, the team devoid of confidence and a dosy linesman made it a truly waste of a day for those whose religiously turn up for duty.

deserved a point tbf, however the signs are there, we are going down  :'(

feel sorry for Rafa

No, I'm not HTT.

Not this skinny guinea.

Fair play, you're entitled to do as you please, but wishing defeat on Newcastle? Nah man, comes across as petty to me. Others still do care about our results, many others, myself included. Ashley or not, Rafa or not, apathetic or engaged, I'd still rather Newcastle not be relegated or lose matches, and always will feel that way.

Wor lass already asking me to smile. You've got 5 more hours of this love. Fuming inside here. 2 beers down ?

Hard innit, i feel bad sometimes being grumpy around family after yet another defeat, but it's just how you feel.

Feel a bit bad being all moody. She has been looking forward to tonight out all week. Off to see friends who we've not seen in 6 months. But I just cant stop feeling angry and miserable and can't be arsed to talk.

Guest Howaythetoon

Were there any anti Ashley chants etc? That's the most important thing for me to know. If there was and they were loud and constant we have a chance. If not we are done

I didn't hear any at all on Radio Newcastle. :(

Yes, there were anti Ashley chants. I can confirm sadly there were no anti Rafa chants.

You ready to FINALLY post who you'd like to see replace him? Or you just gonna continue only posting exclusively when we lose, like a cowardly little bitch?

I don’t like that line of argument myself, that’s like saying to anyone who opposed Pardew well who else would want to work here or who could we get that’s better and therefore wanting him out or being unhappy is wrong.

It’s daft.

What I would argue to the likes of Crumpy who I’m in no doubt is as genuine as anyone when it comes to NUFC is if you don’t like it why fucking go?

I love Rafa and understand the shitty hand he has been dealt and just how limited he is in what he can do with this team and indeed the players, but I fucking hate how we play under him even when we were top of the Championship winning every week. I would not pay to watch that.

Then there is the whole match day experience at SJP, I’d honestly rather be almost anywhere else other than SJP on a weekend even when we win.

It’s awful and there can not be anything at all right now remotely joyous on match day, it’s 100% misery.

I don’t know how anyone can wake up on a Saturday like today and think get in, it’s the Toon vs Brighton, can’t wait for kick-off. Or any match day.

I get loyalty to the badge and even the thinnest of hope for a win or a decent game, but ever single week for pretty much the entire time of Ashley’s reign, it’s been awful. It’s been awful under Rafa for the majority of his time as manager.

And yet Crumpy you keep going and so do 50,000 or so others.

It’s madness.

The days of supporting your team through thick and thin and Newcastle United til I die is now no longer a prerequisite for fans given footballers are so far detached from fans as multi millionaires, clubs have turned into businesses and the game no longer a sport but a product.

Ironically fans who stick to the thick and thin ideology have allowed players to become so far detached, clubs to become a business first and a football team second and the game to be a product first and a sport second by going to games, buying replica kits, subscribing to Sky and everything else that has stripped away the true meaning of being a fan or a supporter, reducing our role to that of a customer.

And we’ve allowed them to take the game away from us and our clubs because of this stupid thick and thin nonsense that should no longer apply to anyone unhappy with how their team playes (NUFC today), who is in the dugout (Pardew or for Crumpy Rafa) or who the owner is (Ashley).

If we are customers, start demanding a better quality product or standard of service or walk away.

The game has always played on the loyality of fans and no club more than NUFC has taken the piss out of the loyality of its fans which for our club enables Mike Ashley to do as he pleases and oh how he has pleased himself. Are you please Crumpy?

I’m not. I’m Newcastle United til I die because you can’t change your club like you can change your car but I’m not Newcastle United through thick and thin. My loyality is to the history of the club, the badge, not the players or manager nor a Premier League fixture. Or any fixture.

Fans have all the power and I’d love to see fans for once not just ours but those whose loyality is being shat on by fraudsters rocking up at their club’s dugout like the likes of Pardew and Big Sam or The Venkys and Oystons taken over their club as owner or mercenary players like Djilobodji happy to collect their wages and do fuck all in their  shirt, ditch the through thick and thin attitude and walk away.

Without fans there can be no club, without clubs there can be no game, without a game, there can be no Sky or FIFA or UEFA.

Fight for your club, those who keep going aren’t supporting the team or being loyal to the badge, they are weakening the role of fans and strengthening the powers that be and encouraging absolute cunts like Ashley into the game and into club ownership.

If our next home game was played out to even a half empty stadium, we challenge who owns the game, who owns our club, who owns us.

Mike Ashley owns you Crumpy and The Premier League owns you too and everyone of those in attendance today to watch a Premier League product.

Those who do keep going, have some self respect will you, do you have no shame? Are you that selfish?

Really Crumpy and this isn’t a dig at you personally, but you don’t have the right to come on here and complain about Rafa when your attendance at the game and your money strengthens Ashley. It actually weakens Rafa and reduces any hope that we will one day see the calibre of players and team that we have at current in our dugout as manager in Rafa.

Ashley doesn’t need to give him money to bring in top players so he can build a top team because he knows 50,000 plus will turn up to watch any old shite and all the moaning and booing in the world and even relegations won’t keep people away, Rafa or no Rafa.

His own attendance didn’t even provoke anything other than a mild, feint and brief response from the masses.

If anything, fans turning on Rafa would be music to Mike’s ears because it would take away his power completely which he has only been able to reduce by not investing in players and facilities.

As Mark Renton elequontly told Tommy in Trainspotting, it’s a shite state of affairs to be in.

Well, not for Mike Ashley.