Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Guest firetotheworks

Lascelles called Ashley a nice guy, tried to claim he didn't know there was a contract issue with Rafa (after speaking about it specifically in the press) and feigned ignorance over Ashley when he'd been the ringleader of the bonus row and the refusal to do Sky interviews. Rafa's also diplomatic and in the loop with fans and fan groups enough to know that there's a reason to say certain things and that you can still promote fan unity by throwing the 'the fans know what's going on' bone instead of just flat out saying that fans need to not protest as if that's the beginning and end of the problem, moments after the problem's given you a nice pay rise.

There's context to everything, it's got nothing to do with who I like more. I'd be absolutely gutted if Rafa had done what Lascelles did.

Lascelles called Ashley a nice guy, tried to claim he didn't know there was a contract issue with Rafa (after speaking about it specifically in the press) or feign ignorance over Ashley when he'd been the ringleader of the bonus row and the refusal to do Sky interviews. Rafa's also diplomatic and in the loop with fans and fan groups enough to know that there's a reason to say certain things and that you can still promote fan unity by throwing the 'the fans know what's going on' bone instead of just flat out saying that fans need to not protest as if that's the beginning and end of the problem, moments after the problem's given you a nice pay rise.

He didn’t want to answer certain questions so he spouts that he isn’t aware of it. Of course they are.

What if he’d said what he really thought? What good would that have done the club in general? Sure it would have gotten the fans on side but then it would have driven a bigger wedge between the coaching staff, players and the owner.

Like it or lump it, Ashley will still be around in January and he needs to be involved if we’re to do any business in the window.

We’re not far off a squad that can survive the season. Two or three players in key positions should do it.

Lascelles called Ashley a nice guy, tried to claim he didn't know there was a contract issue with Rafa (after speaking about it specifically in the press) or feign ignorance over Ashley when he'd been the ringleader of the bonus row and the refusal to do Sky interviews. Rafa's also diplomatic and in the loop with fans and fan groups enough to know that there's a reason to say certain things and that you can still promote fan unity by throwing the 'the fans know what's going on' bone instead of just flat out saying that fans need to not protest as if that's the beginning and end of the problem, moments after the problem's given you a nice pay rise.

He didn’t want to answer certain questions so he spouts that he isn’t aware of it. Of course they are.

What if he’d said what he really thought? What good would that have done the club in general? Sure it would have gotten the fans on side but then it would have driven a bigger wedge between the coaching staff, players and the owner.

Like it or lump it, Ashley will still be around in January and he needs to be involved if we’re to do any business in the window.

We’re not far off a squad that can survive the season. Two or three players in key positions should do it.

See noone expects the guy to do this either - assuming he does disagree with it all, or Rafa. This is the weird false dichotomy that surfacres. Doesn’t matter who you are. You say to your paying/committed ‘stop the negativity’ without being prepared to debate that view and you’re set for a fall. It was a pity he let/found himself get thrust in that situation.

See noone expects the guy to do this either - assuming he does disagree with it all, or Rafa. This is the weird false dichotomy that surfacres. Doesn’t matter who you are. You say to your paying/committed ‘stop the negativity’ without being prepared to debate that view and you’re set for a fall. It was a pity he let/found himself get thrust in that situation.

It is a shame as I do believe he’s one of a core bunch of players who give a fuck.

But his radio interview, he just came across as a bit thick. Well let’s be honest. It was more than just a bit. And Shelvey calling up to ask him something about Fortnite told us all you need to know about him as well, he’s nearly 27 years old! Cop the fuck on mate and improve your game. There was a place in that England squad going a begging, but that’s slipping away quickly now with the emergence of players like Declan Rice.

If we have a squad of players who are happy with mediocrity, that’s all we’ll ever be.

Guest firetotheworks

He's nearly 5 years younger than the average gamer btw. :lol:

Is that supposed to be an excuse?

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/galleries/display/29/29046.jpg

Just pointing out that it's you that's massively out of touch on this one.

Yes I’m a dinosaur.

How old are you btw?

Video games are fantastic, but playing Fortnite does mean you're probably a div IMO.

They are/were.

My last jaunt was Half Life 2. I haven’t seen anything since to tempt me into buying a new console. That just be at least 10 years ago.

Guest firetotheworks

Yes I’m a dinosaur.

How old are you btw?

Video games are fantastic, but playing Fortnite does mean you're probably a div IMO.

They are/were.

My last jaunt was Half Life 2. I haven’t seen anything since to tempt me into buying a new console. That just be at least 10 years ago.

I used to like playing Daley Thomsons Decathlon.

• 4 weeks later...

Surely it's got to be Man City that is boycotted now? It's on bt, we won't win anyway, Huddersfield is the more important game. After another failed 'takeover' and another window with pathetic signings and the end of Rafa in sight, there should be a decent number compared to that who would have boycotted wolves.

Surely it's got to be Man City that is boycotted now? It's on bt, we won't win anyway, Huddersfield is the more important game. After another failed 'takeover' and another window with pathetic signings and the end of Rafa in sight, there should be a decent number compared to that who would have boycotted wolves.

Just let the mugs who want to keep going suffer. I want the whole thing to be a total train wreck, and then listen and watch them scratching their puzzled little nuggets wondering why nobody is actually arsed the club has died. Because half the people who wanted to hit Ashley in his pockets got rewarded with 3 straight wins and a bit of take over bullshit for the sleepwalkers to rule everything as all good, and let's get behind the team and Rafa, Wake up call, Rafa is leaving anyway. All that will be left after, is a relegated steaming pile of overpaid champo players from 2 seasons back.

Why just one game?

#BoycottNUFC #BoycottMikeAshley would work much better. Just stay away from home and away games until something gives.

The club can easily take the hit of a few thousand not going to a  single game, they can even spin it for positive PR by offering knock down ticket prices to schools.

But a prolonged absence? That would make them take notice.

It’s not a time for half measures.