Protests and that

ToonArmy1892

Grim to think that someone genuinely believes my 83 year old grandad who has had a season ticket for 65 years is 'scum' for continuing to go to the match.

It's not a case of being 'scum', but anyone who fully understands what Mike Ashley is doing to this club and still goes to the games can't really complain, and indirectly are part of the problem, it's as simple as that.

How old you are or how long you have been going is irrelevant.

I went last season, so i was also part of the problem.

Everyone on my fb feed is against it. I honestly don't think they know what protest means although they state they hate Ashley and what he's done to our club.

Same on mine too. Comments such as "it wont work so i'm not". Etc...

Seems fairly depressing that people's reasons for not doing it are because "what's the point, it won't work" How will you ever know if you don't try? I still certainly wouldn't hold it against those who decide not to but it just seems a bit of a shame if people just follow the "won't work" argument.

The recent run if results has probably killed it to be fair and poor showing with the walk in v West Ham will set the tone sadly.

If I didn't use this message board I would honestly have no idea that there were any planned protests.  Obviously at the match your hear the odd thing but, not much.  I asked the people who sit around me if they were going to come in late for West Ham or boycott Wolves and they all said they were not!

Guest The Little Waster

They could maybe do with advertising this a bit more like, twitter etc.

Or in here theres a thread dedicated to TMG ... oh ...

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's probably just a bit raw at the moment like. :lol: Saturday seriously pissed off a lot of people with the way that some went on.

Or maybe folk just realise that although many hate to admit it that protests aren’t working and never will.

Plus the language used against fans not wanting to join in is now getting a bit fruity.

There’s no big groundswell for it , just admit it, protest indeed but while we are head above water on the field it will never ever work and we ALL know it.Some just won’t have it though.

Guest neesy111

Or maybe folk just realise that although many hate to admit it that protests aren’t working and never will.

Plus the language used against fans not wanting to join in is now getting a bit fruity.

There’s no big groundswell for it , just admit it, protest indeed but while we are head above water on the field it will never ever work and we ALL know it.Some just won’t have it though.

:facepalm:

Guest alijmitchell

What a class guy can just imagine you popping up through history

"4 minute mile? Never going to happen"

"Man on the moon? Impossible?"

"Higgs-Boson? Don't even bother trying"

"Walking across the road? Don't bother, it's the sort of thing that will get you killed"

Guest firetotheworks

Even in a situation where you're right, it says a lot about your character if your reason for not standing up for something you believe in is simply because 'it won't work'

Ever heard the quote "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

Guest alijmitchell

Tbh I've long thought that some of our fans are utterly miserable bastards since I got my first season ticket aged 14 and at my second match some old bastard launched a pie at me for standing up (during the stand up if you love the toon song).

Tbh I've long thought that some of our fans are utterly miserable bastards since I got my first season ticket aged 13 and my second match some old bastard launched a pie at me for standing up (during the stand up if you love the toon song).

:lol: Must've really pissed him off to give up a precious pie. Probably took him about 11 minutes to buy that thing.