Miguel Almirón

Deuce

My best wishes to Sir Mig-a-lot.

I think he played up to his potential and always put in a decent shift, which not every player can say. A half decent right foot and he could really have done some damage. 

I’ll always cherish that purple month when he was the best player in the prem (and therefore the world) :aww:

3 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

My best wishes to Sir Mig-a-lot.

I think he played up to his potential and always put in a decent shift, which not every player can say. A half decent right foot and he could really have done some damage. 

I’ll always cherish that purple month when he was the best player in the prem (and therefore the world) :aww:

That compilation video of those goals with that 'Give it up' backing track was, and still is magic. 

Great attitude, worked his arse off, contributed a fair share and gave us some great moments - deserves more respect otherwise were reserving that only for Shearer/Bruno/Beardsley levels

35 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Me an you gonna fall out for calling Miggy deadwood. He was always giving his best and loves his football. Hero alongside Jonas and Nobby 😍

Totally agree but if we want to move forward as a club, players like Miggy HAVE to be upgraded on. There's no room for sentiment in football. If he does leave, he can leave with his head held high and with our best wishes, but it's time to upgrade that particular area.

It's a no-brainer really. I admire him a lot and he would have been a great player to bring on late into a game, but Murphy has done enough to cement that position for now and it's the obvious area we need someone at the same level as Isak and Gordon. 

Love Miggy, he's been a ray of sunshine in some dark times for us and let's not forget his contribution to getting us into the Champions League and scoring our first goal for us once there. Its easy to deride him on his recent showings but that's not his legacy here for me and its not his fault he's overstayed his usefulness.

I wish him the best in what will probably be his last big contract, it is time for him and us to move on but I'll always be fond of his time here. I still think he could be a useful backup here if we can't shift him.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

I think him and his wife will have made a decision by now. He's had 6 months to think about it. 

Would also expect us to have talked about it with him before shopping him around after allegedly not doing so in January (although who knows if that was true), so I'm assuming he has indicated he's willing to go for the right offer.